Patch 1.08 Wish List

+
Please give an option to respawn all bandit camps and monsters after day or two which dissapearing after clearing loot in "question marks areas". That would give some much more fun in free roaming. Of course no more gifts in chests after first looting.

for my part, i'd like them to add more description to the quest logs, so that the players can really finish quests without quest markers/GPS, because right now the game's very similar to oblivion and skyrim on this aspect, which is bad. the best way they can do it is follow gothic 1 & 2 example
also fixing the damn LOD and the NPC pop-in, those two are by far the most annoying two aspects of the technical side.
oh, auto-sheathe optional would be nice too ^^

Pop-in/LOD is a big one for me.
Apparently there's an update to Hairworks that provides an increase in performance so that is also a big one for me. Making hair less stiff when Hairworks is enabled would be great. Geralt's hair in the entirety of the Sword of Destiny trailer moves much more fluidly than in the game and I'm pretty sure that's with Hairworks DISABLED. It also generally looks better than his current hair, so I have no idea what the fuck happened there.
General visual upgrades would be appreciated because I am admittedly a graphics whore and that's one of the reasons why I bought this game.
Gameplay balances regarding stamina regen, Igni, and decoctions would be amazing.

-shopping still need a tons of improvement, it should tell which which items and the amount you currently have in your inventory instead of having you looking back and forward between inventory and shop. This is annoying as hell. Even crafting should tell you if you already have the items in your inventory. It is not like the amount of items in this game is limited.

-completely remove weight limit, stash did absolutely nothing, game is still annoying as hell to play since it is strongly ties to the crafting system. You need to keep a lot of items for future use. Either remove the weight limit or let the store have direct access to your stash box. Who cares if its not realistic, its not like the game is realistic to begin with. The game is torturing to play when you hit your weight limit.

-New camera mode, I have been asking for close up camera for a while now, please add toggle for close up camera like when you are overburden. It already works with the game, CDPR just need to add toggle for normal play and make it works with sprinting. Of course it should zoom back out in battle.

When you hit your weight limit, you can just throw stuff away. You're not supposed to get gold from every single thing. You don't even need all the money. I thought that it was already too easy with the upgraded saddlebags, but the added stash makes the game too easy and just destroys economy.

But I do agree with you on the camera options. Some people would like a closer camera like in Witcher 2 and some would like more FOV. It would be cool if they had the same system as in Witcher 1, where you could toggle between three camera modes.

Last edited:
Please give an option to respawn all bandit camps and monsters after day or two which dissapearing after clearing loot in "question marks areas". That would give some much more fun in free roaming. Of course no more gifts in chests after first looting.

Thats something I'd like, but it should happen first after you play through the game (and with NG+),
Also I thing a patch should significantly increase the amount of monster nests/caves and also add a new type of much harder monster needs, so called monster hatcheries, which would be monster infected places with extremely more dense monster population, something like a Kikimore/Endrega Hatchery with Queens of them to be killed to stop the hatcheries, with hundreds of monsters inside these deep dungeons.

But i'd love to see in regard of this also first finally a fix to all Map icons like Bandit Camps, magic Lanterns, Monster Nests to properly grey out, once you looted everything and that also the ? mark nearch the place Lurch (west of it) gets fixed, as its the only ?-mark in the game, that doen#t show, what a place is there, showing also an arrow symbol ,that the place of it is below you, when there is absolutely no wax to get into the undergroudn there getting moehow lower - it feels like its some kind of forgotten ?-mark with a location, that existed at beta stages of the game, but got removed, but the ?-mark was forgotten to get removed as well, thats my feeling about it ..)

However, I support in general, that the whole game should receive an alot denser enemy population, especialyl through adding tons of the missing monsters from the previous game,s where alot of them would fit into many places of the huge Velen, especialyl the swamps and forest areas as like also caves and for the nights (vampires completely missing mostly), so that theres a significant difference between traveling at night and traveling at daytime, so that you should see alot more different monsters and beasts at night and vice versa.

you can run through the game for minutes on horseback, without findign any dangerous threats, thats really sad and speaks for itself, of super empty the enemy population is in TW3. Now i'm not asking for it, that CDPR makes the enemy population so extreme dense, that you run like every 5 seconds into an anyme, that would be ridiculous as like totally insane and unrealistical, but the monster variety and popüulation of the game definetly could be alot better, - lesser drowners, lesser wolves, lesser nekkers, lesser bandits, which you meat on way too often and therefore more of the missing creatures from the previous games, especialyl TW1.

I want back Vys', Bloidzuigers, Echinopsae, Kikimores...more human enemy variety, than just only Bandits/Deserteurs - add Necromancers which summon Zombies, in general Mages, Assassins, bring back in Scoia tael with hostile dwarves, gnomes
Ad more beasts, like Leopards, Tigers, Mammoths, Sharks, Barracudas...

Another thing id' liek to see is by allowing Geralt to use Signs underwater to fight with them instead of using the crossbow.

AARD = creates underwater a shockwave, that can freeze foes and pushes them back
QUEN = protect urself like usual with an energy shield from attacks
AXII = Stuns foes or controls them as usual
IGNI = create a hot steam field, that damages foes over time, if they move into it letting foes practically burn and deals damage
YRDEN = slows foes inside a magical sphere trap and weakens their defense.

This way would feel combat under water alot more fun ..learn maybe here from games that actualyl have underwater combat, like Guild Wars 2 to make Geralts combat system underwater more fun actually.

And Geralt should use for melee combat under water his DAGGER

Last edited:
I would like to see the following things possible in the future patches:

1) New Game Plus
2) A sort of auto-installer which will automatically detect all DLC's so that you can choose which one do you want to install, rather than having to click one by one
3) To be able to fast-travel from anywhere instead of having to reach a fast-travel sign

1. Harder diffficulity than Death March.
2. Inventory saves when you sort it THE WAY YOU WANT (not by automatic sort), right now it doesn't.
3. Fixes the toxicity effect on Geralt's face that disapears after your quen shield gets broken (tested it and it does)

I am currently in the process of compiling a big wall of text about my suggestions for improvements, but that would be a bit too many letters for a simple post so I will give the short version instead.

Quality of Life improvements:
- the ability to mark things in the inventory as "trash" (they go to a separate tab and stay there until I decide to sell or throw them away)
- options for the "loot all" command (e.g. only loot blue or better quality, only loot crafting materials etc.)
- when picking up items, a new command "send directly to the stash"
- a vendor that buys everything and never runs out of money

Suggestions for the alchemy skill tree (not make it more powerful but more appealing):
- switch the placement of "Heightened Tolerance" and "Refreshment" (overdose threshold is a too confusing concept to lure players into investing their first precious skill points into that skill tree)
- switch the placement of "Poisoned Blades" and "Fixative" (you run out of oil charges very fast in the beginning, it is not so useful to have Fixative so late in the skill tree)
- change the effect of Poisoned Blades (to cause a random status effect or to trigger an explosion like when breaking a Quen shield, poisoning feels boring and underpowered)
- change the effect of adaptation (a very underwhelming "Ultimate Tier" ability) suggestion: "when under the effect of a mutagen concoction, every direct hit you suffer will immediately fill your stamina bar)

While this is the short rundown, you can read the full and detailed version in my blog:
Part 1: Introduction and Quality of Life
Part 2: Alchemy Skill Tree

To get all the exercise books stash. Because I want to read them later at your leisure.
There, too, might have their own tabs weapons, skins and books that list does not grow too long.

After I started a new game to 1.07, and I'm quite at the beginning, then the books take up a lot of space. Now already exported 60 units by weight. Doubles sold out. Outfits and weapons do not carry the extra included.
When you visit the cave Keira task, then space should be 50-60 units so you rob everything from the cave can be found. Philippa cave task again 70-90 that you can get them live there, without having to trudge on foot out of the cave.
So the requirement is disposed of in books that there is enough room saddlebags as a continuous traders at the trots would not be fun.

well ...

- don't roll off the stair anymore
- after game for Geralt and his friend/Love/Interesting...
- interact with more people and things
- improve thunder . in my opinion it look not quite good...
- more finish move for monster or trap them to death like kick them off clif or something...
- make goods in merchant had kind a of list , show more detail from price to weight etc...
that's for now ...

My Wish for patch 1.08 or future patch

- don't roll off the stair anymore
- after game for Geralt and his friend/Love/Interesting...
- interact with more people and things
- improve thunder . in my opinion it look not quite good...
- more finish move for monster or trap them to death like kick them off cliff or something...
- make goods in merchant had kind a of list , show more detail from price to weight etc...
that's for now ...

Quality of Life improvements:
- the ability to mark things in the inventory as "trash" (they go to a separate tab and stay there until I decide to sell or throw them away)
- options for the "loot all" command (e.g. only loot blue or better quality, only loot crafting materials etc.)
- when picking up items, a new command "send directly to the stash"
- a vendor that buys everything and never runs out of money

Suggestions for the alchemy skill tree (not make it more powerful but more appealing):
- switch the placement of "Heightened Tolerance" and "Refreshment" (overdose threshold is a too confusing concept to lure players into investing their first precious skill points into that skill tree)
- switch the placement of "Poisoned Blades" and "Fixative" (you run out of oil charges very fast in the beginning, it is not so useful to have Fixative so late in the skill tree)
- change the effect of Poisoned Blades (to cause a random status effect or to trigger an explosion like when breaking a Quen shield, poisoning feels boring and underpowered)
- change the effect of adaptation (a very underwhelming "Ultimate Tier" ability) suggestion: "when under the effect of a mutagen concoction, every direct hit you suffer will immediately fill your stamina bar)

Most of the above quotes I would like to see addressed (Note to Patterik, The unlimited money from a vendor will never happen. CDPR has been fixing every bug that keeps us from exploiting a money glitch), and while I have yet to read every post on this thread, I wanted to add my $0.02 worth. So forgive me in advance if I make the same suggestion as someone else

Fix it to where Herbalists can deconstruct mutagens from monsters into lesser mutagens. I have so many red mutagens from monsters but no lesser red mutagens to turn into Red Mutagens then Greater Red Mutagens. I myself do not wish to use decoctions, so I do not want to collect the monster named mutagen. But I am collecting them in case my suggestion comes to light. I do not know if anyone else has suggested this, but I feel it would be helpful.

Have somewhere in each village like a notice board that list what that merchant/blacksmith/armorer has for current prices, that way a player that is low on coins can go to that village to sell items at good prices not wander around from village to village just to check. If they need the coins to upgrades quickly for that next contract or quest, this could be very useful information. Like place it on the map screen. When you hover over the road sign that gives the player a history about said village, it could also list what the current exchange rate is. Thus would keep a player wanting to continue playing the game after the main storyline is over.

While I liked the artist renderings at the end telling the outcome, The one I would like to see changed is the Geralt ending. Who ever the player made a choice to be with (My choice was Triss. :faith:Triss was there for Geralt during his memory loss and Yennifer? Well she knew Geralt would come looking for her? B*tch please! LOL) I Digress, Can the ending be a cinematic ending for Geralt's choice? Like a moving into a house with Triss (Or a wedding even better!) Or carriage ride to Vengerberg with Yennifer to the mansion that was built with the plans from the dwarf that Geralt had to help. And if the player made no choice, then it can still be the Artist rendering.

While I love the new looks for Geralt, Triss, Yennifer & Ciri (Ciri's look I understand because of her time on Ard Skellig) There should be different looks for Dandelion, Priscilla & Zoltan. Especially Priscilla. That jester's look does not suit her beauty. And using the same hood for Triss on her beautiful dress is appalling. I know she needs to cover her head to be incognito, but at least let it flow and match the dress, Same as the tights under the dress, make it match or lose them al together. Yen's is perfect, except for the getting away from the wild hunt with Geralt while going to Vizima (Was old look), It fit her personality perfectly.

Love the new inventory system, much better. But why can't we get rid of quest times after they are done? Some of them stay with you through out the game. Let us be allowed to sell them after the quest is done. Also I know we don't need to keep every herb/monster body part, help us by letting us know which monster part needs to be broken down for a potion or oil or if that part is junk, same as herbs, let us know if it is junk or not.

I think that is it. I hope that I made sense with my post.

BTW: Love the Doctor Who Easter Egg, wish there was something more to it. I made a clip on my Xbox One and called it "Angels Take Velen" Do a search, My user name here is the same as my Xbox Gamer Tag

---------- Updated at 10:42 AM ----------

Oh I forgot, Fix the all of a sudden game crash for Xbox One. I constantly have to save before I interact with something with something major in a story/quest in case the game crashes & I have to go back to the save spot. It did it to me a lot, and I got mad during Fools Gold because I forgot to save & When I went to talk to the pig in the hog hut, the game crashed.

For starters the Freezing has to stop. It was completely playable in 1.06 and now it freezes every 10 seconds due to my dual core cpu. I know it is below system requirements but if I was able to play earlier on why not now?

Secondly I would like it if they can amp the Death March up a bit as it is even too easy with some hardcore difficulty mods installed. Or give us a new game+ mode where the monsters are actually intimidating because I really have no respect for them atm. I mean what else can we do once the main story line is done but hunt monsters that are way to easy with high level gear? Currently I'm using the normal cat school gear and old weapons just to make it more of a challenge for me.

Lastly some extra shit to do once the game is complete would be nice. It feels a bit empty and pointless to continue playing once all side quests are done. Maybe a type of continuous questing system where it leads you to explore all worthwhile areas and have something to do there. Or add more of those nice big ass caves to explore etc.., if possible of course i know this is asking a lot. Because currently I go to some islands on Skellige for example, exploring and hoping to find a cave or two, but just find one bear and a chest with 1 item in which is disappointing.

Great game guys and thanks for all the hard work! Big fan of all your work.

1) An 'ALL" tab at the Inventory. Sometimes you need to know which item is the heaviest or more expensive;
2) Choose the amount of each item you want to remove from stash not all of the same item. For example when you have 5 of the same rune stashed but you want to collect just 1
3) Wherever you are able to climb up something you should also be able to climb down

1) An 'ALL" tab at the Inventory. Sometimes you need to know which item is the heaviest or more expensive;
2) Choose the amount of each item you want to remove from stash not all of the same item. For example when you have 5 of the same rune stashed but you want to collect just 1
3) Wherever you are able to climb up something you should also be able to climb down

They did add the sort by price and sort by weight on the 1.07 patch. But kudos to the choose the amount and I am assuming you are meaning climbing up & down rocks and things, ladders you can.

Still the dropping 3 feet and dying is killing me( pun NOT intended).

They did add the sort by price and sort by weight on the 1.07 patch. But kudos to the choose the amount and I am assuming you are meaning climbing up & down rocks and things, ladders you can.

Still the dropping 3 feet and dying is killing me( pun NOT intended).

When I'm overburdened I like to drop/sell the heaviest items first. Without an "ALL' (like TW2 had) tab I have to search in each category to find the heaviest.

4) When I open the radial menu (LB button) it would be nice to quickly know how many bombs I have left

Top Bottom