Patch 1.1 big fps loss

+
10700k / EVGA 3080 FTW3, (solid system) etc...

Patch 1.1 = around 15 fps loss, seems related to Ray Tracing.

In my test spot, I usually get around 60fps with RT Psycho, but right after 1.1 it dropped to around 45fps!

I re-installed latest Nvidia drivers, reset in-game to default graphics and verified game files, no difference.

Only change on my end was simply updating 1.06 to 1.1.

Any fixes floating around?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    100 KB · Views: 113
maybe

?

I have the same behavior, with a 2080TI but only about 5 - 10 fps. Had RTX on High.
I went back to 1.0.6 because I had other new bugs. Which disturbed me even more

Also, I've noticed something odd is going on even when I'm hitting 70-80fps. It's still laggy, like Gsync wasn't working or something. It's very odd, before it was very smooth just liked you expect it but now even with ok fps, it's got a strange lag.

Game was running nicely before the patch on my GTX 980.

Not so much since.. so I tried the usual things to see what may have changed.

Drivers (mobo, monitor, kb, and ms) up to date - check
Windows update(d) - check
N'Vid Drivers up to date - check (also went back one driver set just to make sure)
Uninstalled/re-installed the game (2) - check
Put all my settings (including crowds) to low or off - check
Tried two other panels - check
Threw a bunch of other games to test. - check
(All ran fine (even star citizen) cept for CB2077)
No mods installed because (reasons) - check

Still no sauce..

The game slams to a crawl whenever there is an NPC/AI crowd anywhere around me. If I stare at a wall, the sky, or the ground, the game runs like butter...but as soon as I lay eyes on an NPC, the FPS dies (looks like i'm turning the pages in a book). I'm not about to demand CDPR to "OMG FIX NAO!", but this is kind of annoying... With (almost) every patch something new and incredibly frustrating comes along to f#$k up my day trying to enjoy this game.

At least folks who have the GOG version can go back to 1.06 which (kinda sorta) fixes the issue.

I have a rather nicely overclocked GTX 980m, and though the game wasn't perfect , with dynamic resolution set in game, the FPS were close or at 60 FPS for the most part, except when driving fast downtown, or when big crowds were involved.

With version 1.1 the game runs nicer except when I ping something or someone in a place with multiple objects/enemy NPCs -- even with a low NPC count, with several devices showing in the mini-map (those little red lights showing where NPCs and devices are), I've hit 7 (SEVEN!) FPS. It's awful. I was getting down into the mid to low 40's with version 1.06 if the game struggled, but it never went below that. The behavior is there with and without mods, so it's not them. I do have most settings to low or off, and only ambient occlusion set to medium, but it doesn't matter if I lower it.

Seven FPS is unplayable. I would have reverted back to version 1.06, but for some reason GOG Galaxy wants to download the whole 53 GB of the game, and with my slow internet connection that's not an option at the moment since I need the internet to work remotely, otherwise I'll revert back this weekend. But it's too bad, version 1.1 was otherwise looking and running better, and despite some drawbacks I have very much enjoyed the game -- it's not a great game, but it's still very good as it is. I think I'll give The Witcher 3 another go -- and TW3 looks amazing on my gaming notebook (a MSI GT72-2QE, old but still very solid for gaming).

EDIT: I'm pretty fastidious when it comes to keeping my drivers up to date, so that's not it either.

I think I'll give The Witcher 3 another go.
EDIT: I'm pretty fastidious when it comes to keeping my drivers up to date, so that's not it either.

Same here.. I am a freak about having *everything* updated!

Funny, I was also thinking about installing TW3 as I have not played it yet in its entirety.

Let's see how that runs..lol

Same here.. I am a freak about having *everything* updated!

Funny, I was also thinking about installing TW3 as I have not played it yet in its entirety.

Let's see how that runs..lol

I've played TW3 several times from start to finish (including expansions) on the same computer I'm running CP77, and it's a completely different thing: TW3 looks spectacular. I run it with a mix of mostly high (i.e. maxed out), a few medium, and a couple of low settings -- with a few tweaks to the INI files. Well, I have a couple of mods to do that in-game now for TW3, to allow me to adjust some settings not originally allowed by the menus. TW3 had bugs and issues at launch, true, but as opposed to CP77 those were not as bad, so it definitely had a better executed development process.

I believe you will enjoy TW3 better than CP77 in the state it's now. Good luck monster hunting ;)

Top Bottom