[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11)

+
This is very unfortunate. As of now, I recommend PC players that frustrated by this to use mods that can make any items to be legendary & manually add the amount of max slots to it. These mods can also provides some of the missing rewards/items (bugs) that still not obtainable via normal play.

Legendary Items Conversion

Save Editor Mod

ICONIC Weapon List to Manual Add

Here are also my personal unique/iconic items list that missing/unobtainable even after finishing the game (also in attached file text):

Iconic Weapon List

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Kenshin_Frank",1) - Apparition
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Masamune_Rogue",1) - Prejudice
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Nova_Doom_Doom",1) - Doom Doom
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Nue_Maiko",1) - Death and Taxes
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Overture_Cassidy",1) - Amnesty
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Zhuo_Eight_Star",1) - Ba Xing Chong

Epilogue items (additionals)

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q203_Epilogue_TShirt",1) - Sun Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q203_Epilogue_Pants",1) - Sun Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q203_Epilogue_Boots",1) - Sun Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q202_Epilogue_TShirt",1) - Star Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q202_Epilogue_Pants",1) - Star Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q202_Epilogue_Boots",1) - Star Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.q115_thrusters",1) - Rogue special antigrav thrusters

Game.AddToInventory("Items.SQ030_MaxTac_Helmet", 1) - MaxTac armor
Game.AddToInventory("Items.SQ030_MaxTac_Pants", 1) - MaxTac armor
Game.AddToInventory("Items.SQ030_MaxTac_Chest", 1) - MaxTac armor
hey thanks for the link. I downloaded the save editor just incase this is permanant but can you explain what id code I need to use to just add the max slot to items? There are any instruction for that mod and I just don't know how to do it. Thanks in advance.
Post automatically merged:

So, as it stands, CDPR has completely lost control of the situation.
In social media there are no positive words about 1.1.
The big announced first big patch. Was less than 1.04 and broke more than repaired it.
In the meantime I'm really scared that there won't be a COMEBACK. If 1.2 is not the super surprise mega super success, then CP2077 will die. If it's not too late now
I mean idk what people expect at this point. The game is lacking but I still made my own fun in the game but what they are doing and if its intentional is making the game just a point and click game. A troll on reddit was just keep saying to me that it doesn't matter its a single player lol and etc. But don't forget this was suppose to be a open world rpg that had consequences to our choices and not another fallout 4. The game at this point won't to be vastly different than what is already is because the changes people want and what the studio initially promised such as different outcome and more choices are such a core issue that the game will need to be hugely altered that it won't happen. There is a reason why they released the game now then wait another year or two because even with all the bugs and issues the game as a foundation is what they are comfortable with without any major overhaul. Being realistic here there won't be a comeback or a redemption for this game and we should just enjoy it as is but studio should stop breaking the game. This patch broke my game and ruin the one mechanic that is left that can really justify calling this game a ARPG. A positive view can be that the studio is get their head out of their ass and really do justice in the sequels to come.

Last edited:
It would be great to know if something is a bug or not. Does someone from CDPR ever response in any thread?
No, they do not have.

So CDPR appears to be a lot more active on sites like Twitter than on their own damn forum. There is virtually no reaction to any post here. To be honest, I don't know why we're posting anything here. We could talk in a private TELEGRAM group as it seems, that would cause just as much interaction with the developers ...

@CDPR where are you? PLEASE at least 1 sentence whether this is a BUG or whatever.

I've already submitted a bug report linking to this forum thread.

At this point, the best thing you can do is post screenshots for comparative purposes together with your player level, game version (i.e. 1.1), platform (i.e. PS4, Xbox, PC) and the post number you are referring to for comparison. If you can quote the post in question, that would be ideal since it will permalink to it.

There are several containers that need more testing and verification. We do not know if the randomization problem extends beyond the Legendary Media Ocuset to other themed legendary items. This needs to be confirmed. Some items are level scaling while others are not. We still need to isolate potential reasons why this is happening.

I know of at least 1 legendary themed item that was bugged prior to 1.1 - the netrunner visor which dropped twice, the first level scaled, the other not.

We need additional testing and verification on the Megabuilding H6 containers and the 8ug8ear safe. Also if anyone knows of any other container in the game that changed contents prior to 1.1 that could be useful to get a better idea of whats happening here. We are particularly interested in static containers as item type/attribute in these containers should not be generated using the same seed method as those on npc corpses (for the very obvious reason that static containers do not move).

It would also be helpful if someone had the foresight to make a backup of their 1.06 install so we can compare our findings across game versions. There is at least one player in this thread who did this. I'm going to go through my backups after work to see if I snapshotted before 1.1.

If you want things to get fixed, screaming into the void is not helpful. Demanding a dev response doesn't do anything either. Frankly, they should not respond at all and they don't need to until they fully understand what is happening and have a solution in the pipeline. Then you will see the response in the hotfix notes. If you want this problem to go away quickly, we need to submit accurate bug reports based on high quality, independently verified data describing the nature of the problem. Developers have the tools and the knowledge of how these game systems work and if given accurate information, will be able to isolate problems and iterate solutions fast.

So if you can help, please do so in the format described above. We can track post numbers to compare the same containers. If you can't do this or do not want to, this is fine, just please don't fill the thread with noise, making it harder to read.

Last edited:
Almost 100% probability this is a bug. And I think I found which one.
I just looted this item. With exactly same stats.
Ocuset_Container.jpg

Then I opened save in save editor and found something VERY interesting: the item has 3 attachment slots! But with different mods installed in them.
First is an “Items.SimpleFabricEnchancer09” (which is green-quality osmosis), two others have “Unknown_4C882AC5:19”.
Ocuset_Stats.jpg

Replacing those two with code for simple white armadillo gave me item with 3 slots, then I replaced them in game with intended mods.
Ocuset_Result.jpg

My guess: in patch 1.1 all legendary items actually got maximum number of slots (which is a good thing), but for some reason some of these slots being filled with bugged modifications. Mods not exist; slots they occupy cannot be seen.

No, they do not have.

So CDPR appears to be a lot more active on sites like Twitter than on their own damn forum. There is virtually no reaction to any post here. To be honest, I don't know why we're posting anything here. We could talk in a private TELEGRAM group as it seems, that would cause just as much interaction with the developers ...

@CDPR where are you? PLEASE at least 1 sentence whether this is a BUG or whatever.
I dont have twitter..

@Forum can someone who has twitter make a PUBLIC post about this bug and link this thread? It looks like CDPR is kinda lika Niantic.. If something is discucced on public (twitter or Facebook) the support will get behind it. If its just in forums or reddit, which most dont even know, they tend to ignore it

Just re-checked it with another item (corpo-set shoes).

Again two mods are “Unknown_4C882AC5:19” (1 and 3 positions this time). And only one has normal text on it (one that shown in game – green armadillo).

Yes, save editor is the one Dagobert666 mentioned.
In case someone need code for item i used to replace mods: "122530387466" is a white armadillo (then you can replace it in-game with anything).

Just re-checked it with another item (corpo-set shoes).

Again two mods are “Unknown_4C882AC5:19” (1 and 3 positions this time). And only one has normal text on it (one that shown in game – green armadillo).

Yes, save editor is the one Dagobert666 mentioned.
In case someone need code for item i used to replace mods: "122530387466" is a white armadillo (then you can replace it in-game with anything).
Ok, that really suggests that all Legendary Items should have 3-4 Slots Fix, just because the game is a huge pile of data garbage it doesn't work as intended.

However, I noticed that many legendary items are no longer available. Just an example: At the Animals HQ, where you have to box against the "Lady". You should also kill the Boss. He had a LOOTBOX in his office. At this LOCATION you could roll a LEGENDARY "Arasaka JKE-X2 Kenshin".
This is the only PLACE in the ENTIRE Game where this was possible. Since there is also no Legendary Kenshin Blueprint, it is no longer possible to get such a weapon.
That really annoys me .....
Why are so many legendary blueprints missing. Arasaka Shigure (SMG), Arasaka Tamayura (Pistol) there are no blueprints for that either. Everything is just missing. And the static loot absolutely doesn't make it any better.

Last edited:
Ahhh that save editor is throwing an exception on 80% of my save files. I can load some of my save files just not the ones I want to examine for testing/verification.

Ahhh that save editor is throwing an exception on 80% of my save files. I can load some of my save files just not the ones I want to examine for testing/verification.
So I can actually load all of my SAVE FILES with it. How big are your Save FILES? I've read from 12MB he has a problem.
Anyway, I can load 1.06 and 1.1 saves with it.

Character Level: 34
Version: 1.1
Platform: PC

Fixer skirt.jpg

This item appears to be level scaling correctly, does generate with maximum attachment slots (although they are the exact same mods as Juyo). I'm trying to use a save editor after picking it up and quicksaving but I'm pretty sure I know the answer already - none of the attachments slots will be Unknown_4C882AC5:19.

So I can actually load all of my SAVE FILES with it. How big are your Save FILES? I've read from 12MB he has a problem.
Anyway, I can load 1.06 and 1.1 saves with it.

Mine are in the 6mb range. I'm not crafting. I'll tinker around with it. Maybe reinstall .net.

Last edited:
Yeah very bad, the worst part is that there is worst than armor socket (which already pisses me off)
Apparently some others randomised stuffs get saved just by passing nearby. Not even entering the area, just driving/walking in the street... So when you get there for a mission later you get a low level item...

It's terrible, really hope it's an unwanted effect due to the changes that they made on saves and that it will be fixed on the next update!

Two easy improvements could be made to the game:
A system like AC odyssey that allows your equipment to look like any other you already looted before. So you could have enough armor to survive and look the way you want...

And a scaling system option to bring lower level ennemy to your level. So you can't stand anymore in front of ten low level ennemies without taking any damage...

yeah the socket count is the only thing that truly separated the epic from the legendary and so on....
only has 2 sockets, that's not a legendary that's a rare . yet another thing that is taking all the joy out of something that is supposed to be a toy...videogames are toys right? and fun? um yeah ...fun ish maybe...

I'm of two minds about this. The constant save-scumming (I did it a LOT) in this game felt cheap, and it's good of CDPR to start addressing a very prevalent issue. This obviously is a pretty large incentive to take Technical/Crafting which some consider in a rough shape, in part due to save-scumming which can render it pretty much redundant.

However, this change effectively limits the options for everyone as people tend to go for function over style. And end up looking like a clown a lot of the time - in a game that claimed to value cool looks.

Like others have mentioned, I feel all clothing should be treated at least as "limited iconics", in that the rarity can be increased one or two levels. This would IMO be a better way of restoring relevancy to Crafting. But yeah, doing away with easy save-scumming is a good thing.

I highly agree, save scumming defeats the purpose of crafting.
That said, crafting should be more systematic.

I highly agree, save scumming defeats the purpose of crafting.
That said, crafting should be more systematic.
But then EVERY Item in the game should have a blueprint.
And you should be able to upgrade everything to legendary.
At the moment there are even missing various weapon blueprints. I don't even want to talk about clothing, pretty much EVERYTHING is missing ther.

In addition, one must NOT forget that the TECH-Tree is a decision of the player.
Investing at least 18 points is one thing. EVERY Shop in the game should be stocked up so that the players who have a different build also have the opportunity to get all items.
And 180,000 Eddys for a Legendary Item is already a huge hurdle.

Ok. 8ub8ear safe test.

The location of the 8ug8ear safe is here:

8ug8ear safe location.jpg

It is the building next to the food vendor. This is the location of the "Gig: Getting Warmer...". The safe is on the second floor on the right (next to 8ug8ear if you have not already completed the gig).

This safe will always have a Military-grade Aramid Netrunning Suit in it (and this was also true in 1.06). You must be level 40 or above for it to roll legendary and if Mordhar's theory is correct, it should always have 4 attachment slots.

If your character is lower than level 40, it will be epic and have 2 attachments slots. If your level is low enough, it may even be rare (1 attachment slot) or uncommon (no attachment slots).

Safe contents at character level 40:

8ug8ear safe contents level 40.jpg

Safe contents at character level 34:

8ug8ear safe contents level 34.jpg

I can't edit either of the save files after picking these items up (still throwing exceptions) but it would be interesting to see what is listed in these attachment slots. Want to check if "Unknown_4C882AC5:19" is just an identifier for "no mod" or "empty slot".

Also, lads. This thread is about finding the root cause of item randomisation not functioning as expected or at all. It is not about crafting. It is not about leaving item randomisation broken and making crafting "the fix" for an RNG loot generation system that never worked correctly in the first place.

Last edited:
Ok. 8ub8ear safe test.

The location of the 8ug8ear safe is here:

View attachment 11156531

It is the building next to the food vendor. This is the location of the "Gig: Getting Warmer...". The safe is on the second floor on the right (next to 8ug8ear if you have not already completed the gig).

This safe will always have a Military-grade Aramid Netrunning Suit in it (and this was also true in 1.06). You must be level 40 or above for it to roll legendary and if Mordhar's theory is correct, it should always have 4 attachment slots.

If your character is lower than level 40, it will be epic and have 2 attachments slots. If your level is low enough, it may even be rare (1 attachment slot) or uncommon (no attachment slots).

Safe contents at character level 40:

View attachment 11156534

Safe contents at character level 34:

View attachment 11156540

I can't edit either of the save files after picking these items up (still throwing exceptions) but it would be interesting to see what is listed in these attachment slots. Want to check if "Unknown_4C882AC5:19" is just an identifier for "no mod" or "empty slot".

Also, lads. This thread is about finding the root cause of item randomisation not functioning as expected or at all. It is not about crafting. It is not about leaving item randomisation broken and making crafting "the fix" for an RNG loot generation system that never worked correctly in the first place.
how did you make that to happen>? From all the post during the weekend the item should be different but the mods should be the same. Did they do another silent update this morning to fix it.

Top Bottom