[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11)

+
Attention!
a terrible thought just occurred to me. Legendary loot properly drop only at level 36? in boxes. That means if you explore a bit with level 12-36 the game takes away any chance of legendary loot ??? Forever? That must be a mistake. CDPR cannot want that.
I think they did away with the rarity randomization altogether. Saw a YouTube video on this, where the content creator remarked that containers that would previously spawn a certain rarity of loot up to epic, now spawned as common every time. It is still tied to your level whenever you choose to pick it up, so you can let it "mature" like before.

Let's all test something, because I think that maybe they've gone with static drops on world loot. I have two different characters, one level 50 and one level 34, that haven't looted a particular Legendary in the southern Badlands. The location is a trailer. Fast travel to the regional airport. Take the road NW, then take the first left. The location you are looking for is the second solar panel array on the left with a camper beneath it.

In that camper, there is a Legendary drop: Armored Media Ocuset with Camera.

-On my level 50 character, that legendary ocuset has the following stats: Armor 15.4, one mod slot, mod: Increase max Oxygen by 6.5.
-On my level 34 character, that legendary ocuset has the same stats: Armor 15.4, one mod slot, mod: Increase max Oxygen by 6.5.

If someone with an entirely different install that hasn't looted that Legendary yet could go to that location and report the stats on their drop, we mind find out whether or not world drops are now static. If they are, I suspect this is one of the things they did to free up processor resources: not rolling for loot every time a character comes into or out of range. IF that's the case, now many pieces of legendary loot are less epic than some epic drops, which is something they need to revisit.

Let's all test something, because I think that maybe they've gone with static drops on world loot. I have two different characters, one level 50 and one level 34, that haven't looted a particular Legendary in the southern Badlands. The location is a trailer. Fast travel to the regional airport. Take the road NW, then take the first left. The location you are looking for is the second solar panel array on the left with a camper beneath it.

-On my level 50 character, that legendary ocuset has the following stats: Armor 15.4, one mod slot, mod: Increase max Oxygen by 6.5.
-On my level 34 character, that legendary ocuset has the same stats: Armor 15.4, one mod slot, mod: Increase max Oxygen by 6.5.

If someone with an entirely different install that hasn't looted that Legendary yet could go to that location and report the stats on their drop, we mind find out whether or not world drops are now static. If they are, I suspect this is one of the things they did to free up processor resources: not rolling for loot every time a character comes into or out of range. IF that's the case, now many pieces of legendary loot are less epic than some epic drops, which is something they need to revisit.
Please take screenshots to show us the way

llye

Forum regular
I stayed with this game, preordered, and played through bugs (didn't encounter many game braking), didn't occure to me to refund it even a large amount of people are doing it and even though it's an unfinished game, and this change feels like I took a face slap for remaining.

Seriously there are many more things to focus on than on fixing things that make the game more enjoyable.

or use this, its the only way to get the dress you want:

... not the ONLY way, but, certainly another way! :)
If you put all the things you want to turn Legendary into trunk of car ... it's easy to find on CyberCat GUI Save Editor because there's like 3 different inventories.

You can even convert Scopes, Silencers, clothing mods, cyberwear and weapons to Legendary in addition to clothing.
Convert ALL the things! :p

CyberCat Simple GUI

It also allows to change appearance, or load different appearance presets that are also found all over Nexus.

:)

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.23 - 21.18.04.54.png

LEVEL 50 Corpo.

Please take screenshots to show us the way

Unfortunately, I'm on a PS4 Pro, but maybe this will help.

ocusetlocation.png

Post automatically merged:

Yup, that's it! And my German is a little rusty, but it looks like you have the same stats and the same MOD on the drop that I have. Danke!

So, that answers several questions:

World drops are now static for everyone. Everyone has the same drops. They don't freeze in place from exploring. And the drops need some serious improvement, because many of them are now legendary in name only.

For those of you who don't know, throughout NC there are legendary class clothing pieces that fit with the original classes in the tabletop game, such as Solo, Techie, Corpo etc. These were found around the map and could spawn with varying numbers of slots that could be rolled by reloading the game (IE save scumming), but now they are apparently fixed at the start of a playthrough. This means whatever slots they have from the start is what they're locked to for the entirety of the game.

In light of all the other glitches unfixed, this is by far the most baffling change, which makes me wonder if this is even a fix or another glitch that has cropped up. Just a heads up for anyone who might not have patched yet and have been waiting. Definitely get these with max slots first and then patch, since they are much more useful this way.

Some might say rerolling shouldn't be allowed in the first place, but hey, if the system is flawed and there's a loophole to make it better, I'll damn well take it. Items like this should come with maximum slots anyway at the bare MINIMUM and the most I'd say we should be allowed to do is upgrade gear to add more slots to it.

For those of you who don't know, throughout NC there are legendary class clothing pieces that fit with the original classes in the tabletop game, such as Solo, Techie, Corpo etc. These were found around the map and could spawn with varying numbers of slots that could be rolled by reloading the game (IE save scumming), but now they are apparently fixed at the start of a playthrough. This means whatever slots they have from the start is what they're locked to for the entirety of the game.

In light of all the other glitches unfixed, this is by far the most baffling change, which makes me wonder if this is even a fix or another glitch that has cropped up. Just a heads up for anyone who might not have patched yet and have been waiting. Definitely get these with max slots first and then patch, since they are much more useful this way.

Some might say rerolling shouldn't be allowed in the first place, but hey, if the system is flawed and there's a loophole to make it better, I'll damn well take it. Items like this should come with maximum slots anyway at the bare MINIMUM and the most I'd say we should be allowed to do is upgrade gear to add more slots to it.

We just discovered that they aren't fixed at the start of a playthrough. They now appear to have the same stats for everyone. So, they just suck universally now. :(

I am struggling to see how the points you are making are answering the point I made that you have selectively quoted which was in answer to your suggestion about making changes to crafting to fix this issue.

Yes the game has loot and guns that shoot although it not completely a looter/shooter because it also has crafting I would argue. Equipment already does come in a wide variety of quality: common through to legendary.

I guess we differ on what determines an items quality based on what you have written. I would argue that given the loot itemisation system already has a item tier system common to legendary then we do not also need an additional layer of quality tied to mod slots where you have a bad epic/legendary to a great epic or legendary based on the number of mod slots and item has.

We both agree save scumming should be discouraged and great loot should be great loot and not be dependant on RNG I think.

My fundamental point in answer to your original post that suggested changes to crafting to address these loot itemisation issues to deal with save scumming and make sure great loot remains great loot was that CDPR should fix the issue at source - namely fix loot itemisation so that each quality tier has a fixed number of mod slots rather than go and make changes to a different system to fix the issue.

Editted:

Just adding this extra point as well, I would also argue that this is not only a problem because it can happen to the unique items scattered around the game world as you stated. I would rather not spend a lot of unnecessary time crafting legendary clothing and weapons in the hope I am blessed with 3/4 mod slots.

If CDPR address loot itemisation in the way that the OP and myself and others have suggested then save/reload is not required whether the loot is dropped or crafted.

This is a single player game which is primarily a story driven action/adventure/rpg. There is no need for CDPR to boost "ingame player engagement time spent" by embracing lots of RNG mechanics like some other online loot/shoot games do.

I agree with this and your other comments.

Which reminds me, I feel like games that have crafting should probably separate crafting into another section. So that you don't encounter issues like this.

Cause I don't like games where I have to choose crafting over gameplay if that makes sense. Course I guess with crafting, they'd need other trees as well, so course that ship probably sailed. I'm not asking to be a jack of all trades, but to my memory single player rpg games like that tend to not have limited choices like that, if so not a expensive respec option. I could be wrong though.

Yep. I'm level 31 on this character. Exactly the same item level, number of sockets and mods. Going to find a save from my level 50 character and check if its the same. I think they broke something pretty bad when culling save state data? I wonder where the seed is to generate this item and when the seed state was snap shotted.

I am editing the OP to put this information front and center. We will need to do this on a randomly generated item. I suggest Megabuilding H6 (if you have not already done the Gig: Hacking the hacker). There is a container there that can roll a generic legendary but be aware there is a minimum character level for legendary quality to spawn. Or at least, there was prior to patch 1.1. I will edit with screenshots shortly.

Attachments

• media hat.jpg
    media hat.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I wondered since I started why certain clothes didn't have specific traits. A lot of legendary gear specify being heat resistant or being for netrunners, but have nothing special about them. I was blown away to learn it was randomly generated, and then they took away the chance to have a legendary actually mean anything.

I used a blue helmet from level 5 to mid 40s because it had two slots and even epic/legendary don't often beat that. Having gear set makes more sense but what makes legendary gear special? a 40 increase in armor doesn't beat out a mod slot that can increase damage or armor drastically.

It's crazy to me that they could make guns so varied and different, and then add unique features to iconic guns. And then have clothes and mods that don't do much. And on top of that, make it so you can't customize clothes so you're wearing what has the most mod slots not what you want to wear.

Yep. I'm level 31 on this character. Exactly the same item level, number of sockets and mods. Going to find a save from my level 50 character and check if its the same. I think they broke something pretty bad when culling save state data?
This is a little weird. The legendary loot I tested, levels dynamically with the character at least. So this likely means not all are 100% the same.

I was using this mainly for clothing and armor. It was the only way I could actually get good clothing and armor options. I didn't even know this was on the radar of this needs fixed. If anything they should of just dealt with the vendor issue.

The reason they are legendary is because they need or have more sockets...nothing else. And if they want to keep this static loot they need to make every legendary 3-4 sockets, every epic 2 or 3 And every rare 1-2... ITS NOT THAT HARD...WTH IS GOING ON WITH THEM SRSLY...

Tried on both characters and that exact Ocuset is the one I was actually trying out myself before all of it. It too had that oxygen mod on it so yeah it's definitely static for everyone, lol.

Starting to have my doubts that this was intended. They made no mention of it in the patch notes at all and it was seemingly a stealth update that no one was happy with in the slightest.

There is no way this is intended. My provisional theory is that it is an unintended consequence of the changes made to save data in 1.1 to reduce bloat? But really I'm just pulling that out of my arse. We already know that save scumming allowed to players to re-randomize item stats prior to 1.1, so I don't think saves were restoring the random seed state at all but now at least, this themed legendary item isn't scaling to character level, will always roll one socket and the oxygen mod for all players.

We should probably try this with a non themed legendary?

There is no way this is intended. My provisional theory is that it is an unintended consequence of the changes made to save data in 1.1 to reduce bloat? But really I'm just pulling that out of my arse. We already know that save scumming allowed to players to re-randomize item stats prior to 1.1, so I don't think saves were restoring the random seed state at all but now at least, this themed legendary item isn't scaling to character level, will always roll one socket and the oxygen mod for all players.

We should probably try this with a non themed legendary?
Do you have a particular legendary in mind? I'm more than willing to take a look. I'm trying to recall world drop legendaries that aren't themed and am coming up empty, at the moment.

Do you have a particular legendary in mind? I'm more than willing to take a look. I'm trying to recall world drop legendaries that aren't themed and am coming up empty, at the moment.

The idea is to not target a fixed drop. So for example, the legendary media ocuset always spawns in the same container in the same location.

In Megabuilding H6, there are 2 containers that can spawn generic legendary quality items. The gig: hacking the hacker starts here. On my level 31 character, these 2 containers yielded epic Boostknit Neotac Pants and epic DB-4 Igla Shotgun (in patch 1.06) both scaled to level 31. I confirmed they could roll at legendary quality by using Cyber Engine Tweaks to set character level to 50 and then save scumming.

There is (or was) a level requirement to loot any generic legendary items. I know it is higher than level 31 but below level 50. Someone in this threaded implied it was level 36 but I can no longer verify this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom