[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11)

+
I think any legendary found in the world other than the class clothing was swapped out for other junk. The biggest one that came to mind was the lagoon pozer jacket in apartment during Psychofan, where you find Kerry Eurodyne's guitar. In the secure room you get the guitar and in the corner you find a pozer jacket that fluctuates between epic or legendary and on my second character in patch 1.1, I only found an epic Geisha tank top and each reload it had two empty slots.

Guest 4545521

As of version 1.1,
The Solo set's Face has 2 slots
The Media set's Face has 1 slot, and +6.5 Oxygen
The Fixer set's Face has 0 slot

I only confirmed the Media set's face, so the other two might not be accurate, but does anyone else know what slots the other gear has? I'm trying to compile it all so I can scrap together a semi decent looking set with mismatched legendary set parts with the maximum amount of slots possible.

The mod slots should be fixed, not random. Maybe the sets in the world should have never been Legendary in the first place? Maybe epic with the max of 2 slots so crafting is still the way to go for legendaries. Randomness in a game like this is expected because it creates a dynamic experience that changes every time. I have seen this kind of randomness on gearing criticized universally in every game I've seen it in, yet developers keep implementing this terrible idea. What they are doing is forcing users that would have never looked to the mod community to give it a look, even if just to guarantee they have the look they want with maximum mod slots at level 50.

In a game where "it doesnt' matter what you do as long as you look good doing it" being forced to dress like a clown to maximize player power is quite silly. I would like to either see this changed, or you need some sort of "visual only" system to make your gear look the way you want. Some of the looks provided are immersion breaking for me, and in an RPG that's not a good thing. CDPR really needs to re-evaluate the looks of gear and the randomness of mod slots, especially with the unannounced change to loot aquisition in 1.1.

That's my 2 cents, and hopefully someone at CDPR is reading comments like this and taking it to heart. I would rather not look at mods to fix something so important as this.

I agree with you completely. The loot system and clothing mods are completely silly when most of the combinations make you look like something out of 80's tv show.

Now I know you can get jumpsuits to cover up the odd mix of gear, I know also you can use legendary gear randomly placed around the city. But it doesnt feel like my playstyle when your wearing the same as everyone else. Why invent a system this way and then force people into wearing certain items because there are no other choices available?

I am like 100 hours in the game, coming to the end of the main story and i have only just found matching gear that i like (that suits my playstyle). (Thats two months work devs). To me that is just too much work and too random and very frustrating. Yes i could wear the corp gear, yes I could wear the cop stuff, but i feel too restricted that way. The socket randomness just adds to the problem.

You get a piece you like and you have to toss it away thirty seconds later for another piece. and you pray you get a good combo. The system looks great on paper but actually feels very limited. I feel like they ran out of time to do more. Generally that is how I see the game now. You simply didnt have enough time to finish or implement things properly.

So I temporarily found a solution to this immediate problem. Another mod has come to the rescue. I found a nice save editor that lets you upgrade your gear. You can make the clothing legendary and it swaps/trades out sockets for you. No fuss. So now i finally have some gear I like towards the end of the game.

I really do like Cyberpunk 2077, but as i reach towards the final missions, the more limited the game feels. That is simply what has spoiled the experience for me.

... not the ONLY way, but, certainly another way! :)
If you put all the things you want to turn Legendary into trunk of car ... it's easy to find on CyberCat GUI Save Editor because there's like 3 different inventories.

You can even convert Scopes, Silencers, clothing mods, cyberwear and weapons to Legendary in addition to clothing.
Convert ALL the things! :p

CyberCat Simple GUI

It also allows to change appearance, or load different appearance presets that are also found all over Nexus.

:)
I'm still playing because of this mod, and it keeps being developed. Lifesaver!

Ok, heres the follow-up to BRod_01's findings.

Go to Megabuilding H6. Location here:

H6 location.jpg

If you have not already done the gig: hacking the hacker, you will have to clear out the interior of 6th street gangers.

Character Level: 31
Game Version: 1.1
Platform: PC

Container A location is here:

H6 Container A location.jpg

Container A contents at level 31:

H6 Container A contents.jpg

Container B location is here:

H6 Container B location.jpg

Container B contents at level 31:

H6 Container B contents.jpg

These should both be randomly generated items that can vary from rare to legendary quality, scale to player level and spawn with 0 to max sockets dependent on rarity tier. Please note that container B spawned an epic DB-4 Igla for me on the same character in patch 1.06, so this may be a static container but I have no way to verify this now.

If posting screenshots for verification, please also state your character level, game version and the platform on which you are checking these containers. Prior to patch 1.1, higher rarity tiers had minimum level requirement to spawn.

I am going to repeat this on my level 50 character as soon as I can find a save before I looted the place.

Last edited:
Let's all test something, because I think that maybe they've gone with static drops on world loot. I have two different characters, one level 50 and one level 34, that haven't looted a particular Legendary in the southern Badlands. The location is a trailer. Fast travel to the regional airport. Take the road NW, then take the first left. The location you are looking for is the second solar panel array on the left with a camper beneath it.

In that camper, there is a Legendary drop: Armored Media Ocuset with Camera.

-On my level 50 character, that legendary ocuset has the following stats: Armor 15.4, one mod slot, mod: Increase max Oxygen by 6.5.
-On my level 34 character, that legendary ocuset has the same stats: Armor 15.4, one mod slot, mod: Increase max Oxygen by 6.5.

If someone with an entirely different install that hasn't looted that Legendary yet could go to that location and report the stats on their drop, we mind find out whether or not world drops are now static. If they are, I suspect this is one of the things they did to free up processor resources: not rolling for loot every time a character comes into or out of range. IF that's the case, now many pieces of legendary loot are less epic than some epic drops, which is something they need to revisit.

level 38 here and I just visited the spot you suggested. Low and behold the exact same stats..

1611437090107.png

Why don't you guys just roll back to 1.06 if your on PC (edited)?
It's not like you have to upgrade to 1.1 if you didn't have any issues with 1.06.

I backed up my saved and game folder before updating, so just had to rename a couple of folders.

I didn't do it for this particular issue, but rather for the nerf in LOD's
cp77_installs.jpg

Guest 4545521

level 38 here and I just visited the spot you suggested. Low and behold the exact same stats..

View attachment 11153408
I have the same exact stats too, corpo, around level 17 or so. I can post a screenshot if you want.
Post automatically merged:

Why don't you guys just rolled back to 1.06?
It's not like you have to upgrade to 1.1 if you didn't have any issues wiht 1.06.

I backed up my saved and game folder before updating, so just had to rename a couple of folders.

I didn't do it for this particular issue, but rather for the nerf in LOD's
View attachment 11153429
I'm on a console, so I can't roll back. If I could, I would, since my game was running fine enough at version 1.06.

It's not so much that Armadillo mods are "nice" it's that they're near essential.

At lev 1 with junk gear your character is a two-hit-wonder.
At lev 50 with anything less then 4-slotted legendary gear you're still a two-hit-wonder.

Your character is no more durable at lev 50 then they were at lev 1.
Why bother with levels at all then?

Ok, heres the follow-up to BRod_01's findings.

Go to Megabuilding H6. Location here:

View attachment 11153405

If you have not already done the gig: hacking the hacker, you will have to clear out the interior of 6th street gangers.

Container A is here:

View attachment 11153411

Container A contents at level 31 on patch 1.1:

View attachment 11153414

Container B location is here:

View attachment 11153417

Container B contents at level 31 on patch 1.1:

View attachment 11153420

These should both be randomly generated items that can vary from rare to legendary quality, scale to player level and spawn with 0 to max sockets dependent on rarity tier. Please note that container B spawned an epic DB-4 Igla for me on the same character in patch 1.06, so this may be a static container but I have no way to verify this now.

If posting screenshots for verification, please also state your character level and the game version on which you are checking these containers as higher rarity tiers have a minimum level requirement to spawn (or at least, they did have one prior to patch 1.1).

I am going to repeat this on my level 50 character as soon as I can find a save before I looted the place.

Just jumped in and did this on my level 34 character. Results are as follows (on PS4 Pro, so screenshots are hard to transfer):

Container A: EPIC Trendy Sazan Lily Square Glasses, no mod slots, 55.0 armor
Container B: EPIC DB-4 Igla, 448.4 DPS, one empty mod slot

Tried save-scumming 5 times to change the quality of the loot. Loot did NOT change in quality. Prior to 1.1, loot quality would fluctuate fairly wildly. I also tried leaving the building, fast travelling away, fast travelling back, and re-entering, and the loot did not reroll.

I've already completed this quest on my level 50 character, so I can't test with him. I'm going to try leveling up to level 36, come back and do this quest, and see what results I get. If someone else with a level 50 character hasn't done this quest, I'd be curious to see results.

So, what we can conclude is that the loot in these containers is scaling with level. But are they static in the number of mod slots?

Agreed they essentially have made Crafting mandatory with this.
But at the same time didn't fix the blue print bug where the blue prints you didn't see the first time on a vendor will never show up and the ones you saw but didn't buy will disappear into the void with them.

Now it's like they turned the Items you could get to shit, which forces you to craft Items, which you can't do properly cause some blue prints are unobtainable for some reason, which forces you to dress like a clown that ran through a hot topic and then fell into a box of clothing straight from Harajuku.

The first Person saying "bUt YoU dOn'T sEe YoUr ChArAcTeR aNyWaY!" gets a free slap with Gorillafists!

It's not so much that Armadillo mods are "nice" it's that they're near essential.

At lev 50 with anything less then 4-slotted legendary gear you're still a two-hit-wonder.

Your character is no more durable at lev 50 then they were at lev 1.
Why bother with levels at all then?
What melodrama! You can make near immortal builds that can one-shot every opponent. Be in near permanent slow-motion. Hack or tech shoot and kill everything from almost complete safety. This game is super easy once you start snowballing with all your save-scummed perfect items, mods, cyberware, perks and what not. I have seen level 50 style over substance samurais with mostly COMMON clothing cut-through 4 star/Max-Tac police squads. Making it out as it's a very hard game makes me wonder if we're playing completely different games.

Armadillo is only "required" as it is the ONLY good clothing mod besides the couple of legendary ones that actually works (not tested 1.1 yet). Balancing is atrocious.

What melodrama! You can make near immortal builds that can one-shot every opponent. Be in near permanent slow-motion. Hack or tech shoot and kill everything from almost complete safety. This game is super easy once you start snowballing with all your save-scummed perfect items, mods, cyberware, perks and what not. I have seen level 50 style over substance samurais with mostly COMMON clothing cut-through 4 star/Max-Tac police squads. Making it out as it's a very hard game makes me wonder if we're playing completely different games.

Armadillo is only "required" as it is the ONLY good clothing mod besides the couple of legendary ones that actually works (not tested 1.1 yet). Balancing is atrocious.
People (including myself) are just so melodramatic because some like to maximize their character (even if it's not necessary to get any stronger than a certain threshold) and get Items in their best version to feel accomplished.
At this point I think I could even live with the unique Items having fixed stats... But I'd prefer someone associated with CDPR to either verify it's an intentional change (in that case that's how the Items spawn now, even if that makes some of them absolutely useless) or if this is just a coding error, so I better not pick it up until they fixed it.
People are pissed and melodramatic cause they got blindsided by this unnecessary change, don't even know if it's supposed to be like that, feel screwed over in comparison to someone who "abused" the save scumming before etc. So many factors going into this.

Completely untrue. There are enough skill perks in the game to buff armor to be near immortal. You do not need 4 slot gear whatsoever. I have a melee character with cold blood and can literally walk though ranks of enemies just punching or using mono-wire and only get killed by the 1-shot explosive tanks.

I don't agree they should leave it like this, if crafting and legendary loot gave you the spec to reroll with mats yes! But currently I have 20-30 Legendary items that even say crafting spec, but when I check I see nothing?
It is beginning to make me not want to play, fashion farming was the main reason I was 200hours in the game.
Although legendary specs do appear, I think the drop rate in shops is too low, but I did buy a spec even though I had visited the shop 100s of times before.

Top Bottom