[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11)

+
I got to thinking this morning and what if the reroll lock has something to do with
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
just an idea that forcing this item to be fixed into our inventories or on site is messing with the other loot.

Think that's a good point @thkthk12 makes and it touches on a wider issue with Cyberpunk 2077's identity in terms of game genre - it feels confused to me. It isn't a proper RPG where you get to make meaningful choices around your character's identity particularly/at all, or that affect the world around you in too noticeable a way, many of the "choices" only affect how much of a reward you get from a particular gig, or in rare examples, which ending options you have available.

it also isn't a Diablo style looter RPG in which continued interest and replayability value is derived from the random nature of the loot system and the way you obtain loot - until the recent addition of primal ancients that drop with max stats in their affixes in Diablo III, there was likely always a better version of an item in your build out there, so it kept you coming back even if you didn't want to switch your playstyle around by switching builds. If you did want to try different builds for your class, or other classes, that's just more reasons to come back and farm all the component items for a particular build, and randomised dungeons/monster abilities add a bit more to the experience.

In terms of a lot of ways Cyberpunk 2077 is designed, the randomisation of loot was actually anathema from the start - your character's attributes are static (you can't switch your character's build around in the same way games like Diablo III allow, because the attribute points you choose are locked in as you level - you can switch perks around with Tabula-e-Rasa, but that feels more like an error correction mechanic to me than a proper build changing mechanic - there are plenty of ways to get more perk points even after you hit max level, so if you wanted to max out different trees linked to the attribute points you've chosen, you could do that without buying the perk reset item. If you want to try a build that requires different attribute spread, you have to start a new game); your dialogue choices are static and don't really impact the world at large, which is also static (no dynamic generation of new gigs, no real interaction with the gangs/street cred/police/trauma team/corporations or reputation style mechanics), so why should equipment be anything other than static?

Don't get me wrong, having mechanics to make things feel more dynamic and interesting are important and I think a static loot system isn't that appealing (much more 'endgame' content such as being able to build reputation with specific gangs/get involved in gang warfare, or do extra goody-two-shoes missions for NCPD/TT if you wanted, with all the rippling affect that would have on your reputation as a solo, as well as random loot rewards tied to these would be closer to my preference for the game and what I expected of it), but static loot fits more closely with the current identity of Cyberpunk 2077 as a game to me.
A lot of people are hoping its a mistake that they made the loots static but I think it was a way to prepare for the multiplayer aspect of the game. I think people need to have their expectation under control because the game will not change in the future. The game foundation have been set so thinks like meaningful choices and better npc interactions aren't something they will focus on and will likely stay the same. The studio have clearly stated its focus for the future of the game and that is going in the similar route as GTA online. People who think the studio will make good on the promise based on 2018 demo will be sadly disappointed because for some of those mechanics to be implemented now will only be possible for them to remake the game from ground up. There are reason why the game was released the way it was because yes they have to meet the yearly fiscal financial means to satisfy the investors but also the game and how it plays are the way they intended going forwards and the bugs and crashes can be patches along the way. If they wanted to change the gameplay to fit the 2018 demo then they wouldn't have released it because the game play will be too different for them to code it after being available to the masses. From what I did play this game is more bare boned than fallout 4. It has the illusion of choices like fallout 4 but surprisingly less customization. I honestly enjoyed the game even with its flaws because I knew the promises they made in 2018 was unrealistic but their constant game breaking and now even game altering decision completely put me off from every touching the game.

Edit: This now appears to be a rather serious bug introduced in patch 1.1 where items from lootable containers do not appear to be randomising. As such they sometimes do not scale to player level and always have the same number of sockets with the same types of mods (if present). This has been verified by multiple players on pages 4 and 5 of this thread using the legendary media ocuset as a test case. We all get the exact same item with the same armour rating, same number of sockets and the same mods. It does not appear to be platform specific. This item no longer scales to player level. Reloading save state no longer re-randomizes the number of sockets. Possibly related to the the changes made to save data in patch 1.1 for the purpose of reducing file size bloat.

See here:

Page 4, post 62 onwards deals with testing/verifying random loot generation so I suggest readers start here. If posting screenshots for verification, please state the character level you are looting the relevant container, your game version (i.e. patch 1.1) and platform (PC, Xbox, PS4).

The original (defunct) text of the OP is retained below for archival purposes:

Legendary weapons, inner torsos and outer torsos can roll anywhere from 0 and 4 sockets while all other clothing can roll anywhere from 0 to 3 sockets. The same thing occurs at lower item rarity but the maximum number of sockets is lower. For example, epic outer torsos can roll anywhere from 0 to 2 sockets and rare outer torsos can roll either 1 socket or 0 sockets.

Prior to 1.1, it was possible to reload a savegame in front of a lootable container to re-randomize the number of sockets on an item, as well as its rarity to a limited degree.

Save scumming in this case is a problem related to the way randomization is used to generate items in Cyberpunk 2077. Save scumming isn't fun - Its shit gameplay and exposes game mechanics to the player, which is a real problem in an immersive, narrative focused game.

Nevertheless, players do it because the difference between a 0 socket outer torso and a 4 socket outer torso is very significant. The number of sockets on clothing items is really the only variable that matters: a legendary outer torso scaled to level 50 has 180 armour. A single epic armadillo mod scaled to level 50 gives +240 armour and is stackable.

We know enemies have minimum and maximum levels but otherwise track player level within this range. We know the level difference between enemy and player is expressed as "threat level" by the game UI. We also know that damage reduction% from armour scales linearly per point and is modified by threat level so this is something that will affect everyone at all stages of the game. Its not just a level 50 thing.

Now that save scumming sockets is no longer possible, it exposes a different problem with Cyberpunk's itemization. Legendary themed sets only spawn once in the game world and never again, meaning if you get unlucky and roll 0 sockets, there is nothing you can do about it.

Socket randomization is fine in a game like Diablo II because if you get unlucky, you can just re-instance and farm the same containers again until you get what you want. This type of item randomization was the bedrock for Diablo II's skinner box gameplay. This type of item randomisation can work in Diablo II because you can always try again. It has no place in a single player game with a finite number of one time lootable containers and no ability to re-instance.

This change is not documented in the 1.1 patch notes but could be related to the changes to the way save data is handled.

Possible solution:

The easiest fix for this is to remove socket randomization so it behaves like it does for iconics - all items at all rarities will always roll the maximum number of sockets for their item quality.

This is really a bad problem... every time they patch ... MORE bugs / problems .
If they aren't careful they are gonna go down the Lionhead studios path, and so many others ( remember the fable series?)
this is history repeating itself... too many good companies have closed to exist due to this kind of "problem"
1 release was so poor that it was pulled off a major market
2 update patches cause as many problems as they fix, including breaking the game itself
3 government division investigation into product / co.
their has to be a serious turnaround or this will end up being another video game turned epitaph

You can beat Adam Smasher, the single hardest enemy, on the same difficulty NAKED w/o items, cyberware, quickhacks, by skillful play.
In other words "Git Gud".

Actually since I suck at FPS (or any other twitch activity) My 'V' is a Netrunner and tho combat is more then a bit boring and repetitive I do just fine (with the exception of the last "Beat The Brat" mission which is impossible).

My point however was, since went the with piles of random loot style of gameplay making said loot non-random is counter productive.

In other words "Git Gud".

Actually since I suck at FPS (or any other twitch activity) My 'V' is a Netrunner and tho combat is more then a bit boring and repetitive I do just fine (with the exception of the last "Beat The Brat" mission which is impossible).

My point however was, since went the with piles of random loot style of gameplay making said loot non-random is counter productive.
[...]

So let me reiterate that "git gud" is yet another straw-man, I'm not the elitist you constantly attempt to portray me and others as. There's an ocean between your view of all 4-slot legendaries to be required to survive combat to how combat is almost universally seen as a cakewalk. I've already mentioned Beat The Brat as perhaps the only exception to this. Balancing is simply atrocious.

Arguing against the change because static loot is boring and encourages meta-gaming, or that it limits realistic customization options is valid. However, you effectively argue for 4-slotted legendaries because you want your non-melee netrunner to beat the hardest boxing match, I assume on very hard, while you admit to not being very proficient at FPS. That isn't really a valid argument in my opinion.

I cant get my money back on pc ? updates seems to be causing more damage XD
Just contact your bank and try to get your money back that way. This studio is a joke. I heard a lot of good things about witcher 3 and I thought I would give this game a try. RPG my ass they don't even know what that stands for the game is literally one step above a point and click game at this point. Illusion of choice, npc no reacting to players choice or the environment, and not they removed the one thing that makes this a shitty ARPG and that's loot randomization.
Post automatically merged:

Edit: This now appears to be a rather serious bug introduced in patch 1.1 where items from lootable containers do not appear to be randomising. As such they sometimes do not scale to player level and always have the same number of sockets with the same types of mods (if present). This has been verified by multiple players on pages 4 and 5 of this thread using the legendary media ocuset as a test case. We all get the exact same item with the same armour rating, same number of sockets and the same mods. It does not appear to be platform specific. This item no longer scales to player level. Reloading save state no longer re-randomizes the number of sockets. Possibly related to the the changes made to save data in patch 1.1 for the purpose of reducing file size bloat.

See here:

Page 4, post 62 onwards deals with testing/verifying random loot generation so I suggest readers start here. If posting screenshots for verification, please state the character level you are looting the relevant container, your game version (i.e. patch 1.1) and platform (PC, Xbox, PS4).

The original (defunct) text of the OP is retained below for archival purposes:

Legendary weapons, inner torsos and outer torsos can roll anywhere from 0 and 4 sockets while all other clothing can roll anywhere from 0 to 3 sockets. The same thing occurs at lower item rarity but the maximum number of sockets is lower. For example, epic outer torsos can roll anywhere from 0 to 2 sockets and rare outer torsos can roll either 1 socket or 0 sockets.

Prior to 1.1, it was possible to reload a savegame in front of a lootable container to re-randomize the number of sockets on an item, as well as its rarity to a limited degree.

Save scumming in this case is a problem related to the way randomization is used to generate items in Cyberpunk 2077. Save scumming isn't fun - Its shit gameplay and exposes game mechanics to the player, which is a real problem in an immersive, narrative focused game.

Nevertheless, players do it because the difference between a 0 socket outer torso and a 4 socket outer torso is very significant. The number of sockets on clothing items is really the only variable that matters: a legendary outer torso scaled to level 50 has 180 armour. A single epic armadillo mod scaled to level 50 gives +240 armour and is stackable.

We know enemies have minimum and maximum levels but otherwise track player level within this range. We know the level difference between enemy and player is expressed as "threat level" by the game UI. We also know that damage reduction% from armour scales linearly per point and is modified by threat level so this is something that will affect everyone at all stages of the game. Its not just a level 50 thing.

Now that save scumming sockets is no longer possible, it exposes a different problem with Cyberpunk's itemization. Legendary themed sets only spawn once in the game world and never again, meaning if you get unlucky and roll 0 sockets, there is nothing you can do about it.

Socket randomization is fine in a game like Diablo II because if you get unlucky, you can just re-instance and farm the same containers again until you get what you want. This type of item randomization was the bedrock for Diablo II's skinner box gameplay. This type of item randomisation can work in Diablo II because you can always try again. It has no place in a single player game with a finite number of one time lootable containers and no ability to re-instance.

This change is not documented in the 1.1 patch notes but could be related to the changes to the way save data is handled.

Possible solution:

The easiest fix for this is to remove socket randomization so it behaves like it does for iconics - all items at all rarities will always roll the maximum number of sockets for their item quality.
The solution is simple just put it back the way it was. You solution will make the game more static than it already is and taking more player choice out the window. That mean we all have to invest in crafting and the other problem with the current patch is that everyone is getting the exact same item which means whenever you go do a second playthrough you will get the same item over and over again. Don't forget this is suppose to be a half sorry ass attempt of a looter shooter RPG and with this latest patch took the last thing that made this a terrible RPG to just a terrible game.

I thought something was wrong when the 3 pairs of pants two shirts and a pair of shoes I checked out all spawned with 0 mod slots and garbage stats after reloading.

I guess for the moment Legendaries are worthless.​

Just contact your bank and try to get your money back that way. This studio is a joke. I heard a lot of good things about witcher 3 and I thought I would give this game a try. RPG my ass they don't even know what that stands for the game is literally one step above a point and click game at this point. Illusion of choice, npc no reacting to players choice or the environment, and not they removed the one thing that makes this a shitty ARPG and that's loot randomization.
Post automatically merged:

The solution is simple just put it back the way it was. You solution will make the game more static than it already is and taking more player choice out the window. That mean we all have to invest in crafting and the other problem with the current patch is that everyone is getting the exact same item which means whenever you go do a second playthrough you will get the same item over and over again. Don't forget this is suppose to be a half sorry ass attempt of a looter shooter RPG and with this latest patch took the last thing that made this a terrible RPG to just a terrible game.
So, as it stands, CDPR has completely lost control of the situation.
In social media there are no positive words about 1.1.
The big announced first big patch. Was less than 1.04 and broke more than repaired it.
In the meantime I'm really scared that there won't be a COMEBACK. If 1.2 is not the super surprise mega super success, then CP2077 will die. If it's not too late now

So, as it stands, CDPR has completely lost control of the situation.
In social media there are no positive words about 1.1.
The big announced first big patch. Was less than 1.04 and broke more than repaired it.
In the meantime I'm really scared that there won't be a COMEBACK. If 1.2 is not the super surprise mega super success, then CP2077 will die. If it's not too late now
No we can't wait for another patch but need a hot fix for this issue. We are playing an ARPG with static loots. Can you imagine playing borderland or even classic ARPG like diablo or even POE with static loot? Everyone is saying they are working hard but how hard are they really working? You think its a coincidence that we aren't hearing anything back from them right now or maybe its the weekend and they are off the clock. I hate this defense I keep reading about how hard they work and literally from a professional perspective game industry have one of the more flexible relax work environment out there. SMH people are soft as fuck.

No we can't wait for another patch but need a hot fix for this issue. We are playing an ARPG with static loots. Can you imagine playing borderland or even classic ARPG like diablo or even POE with static loot? Everyone is saying they are working hard but how hard are they really working? You think its a coincidence that we aren't hearing anything back from them right now or maybe its the weekend and they are off the clock. I hate this defense I keep reading about how hard they work and literally from a professional perspective game industry have one of the more flexible relax work environment out there. SMH people are soft as fuck.
of course, next week 1,2,3 hotfixes must come to remove the garbage. That is out of the question.
I mean that 1.2 really has to fix all perks, cyberware, clothing mod that don't work. Fixing the police system at least partially. Routfinding for civilians in cars. Repair the broken shop inventory. All the things that should have worked in 1.0. Half of all things in the game don't work. The game is like an ALPHA version.

A small List hier

of course, next week 1,2,3 hotfixes must come to remove the garbage. That is out of the question.
I mean that 1.2 really has to fix all perks, cyberware, clothing mod that don't work. Fixing the police system at least partially. Routfinding for civilians in cars. Repair the broken shop inventory. All the things that should have worked in 1.0. Half of all things in the game don't work. The game is like an ALPHA version.

A small List hier
I am pretty sure those underlining issues aren't going to be fixed with a simple patch. I keep telling others to curb your expectations. The game is released for a reason and that is although the game is broken the foundation is what they are going to keep going forward. They won't be adding or changing a huge amount of stuff in the game because that will cause a lot other part of the game to go broke. The game is indeed in alpha version and I am in the process of getting my money back because the product that I received is not what I was told I would be getting which breaks the contract between me and the seller. Honestly I will tell you to just get a refund and if steam reject jsut go straight to your bank and they can just fast track that for you.

Ok...they did this to spare on resources...random items take some resources from the specs...but on consoles i cam understand but on pc...why?makes no sense...

Ok...they did this to spare on resources...random items take some resources from the specs...but on consoles i cam understand but on pc...why?makes no sense...
We do not know that. It could also have just broken something. As long as CDPR continues to play the radio silence Game, we will not know why static loot was made unusable

Goddamn, i have stopped my 1st walkthrough now because of this and possible Takemura bug. I dont want to find those legendaries without slots.
If they want to have fixed items, then give us crafting option for adding slots to existing items.

They should just change all that to schematics or give schematic also so we could craft them.

But crafted items if you want keep rng should be blue 1, purple 1-2 and legendary 2-3 or 3-4.
So that higher quality is at least as good as the lower quality but can become better.
Having rng on 0-4 slots is crazy.

Not even WoW was that bad when it was at worst with RNG.

They should just change all that to schematics or give schematic also so we could craft them.

But crafted items if you want keep rng should be blue 1, purple 1-2 and legendary 2-3 or 3-4.
So that higher quality is at least as good as the lower quality but can become better.
Having rng on 0-4 slots is crazy.

Not even WoW was that bad when it was at worst with RNG.
But if this was the solution than its mandatory for you to branch out into tech which remove another choice from the player. I am just hoping that its a unintentional because it doesn't make sense to make loot static in an ARPG genre game.

Oof... now I wish I wouldn't have bought the game. I just got to level 50. I was waiting to collect all the Legendary outfits... this ruins the game for me.

Last edited:
This is very unfortunate. As of now, I recommend PC players that frustrated by this to use mods that can make any items to be legendary & manually add the amount of max slots to it. These mods can also provides some of the missing rewards/items (bugs) that still not obtainable via normal play.

Legendary Items Conversion

Save Editor Mod

ICONIC Weapon List to Manual Add

Here are also my personal unique/iconic items list that missing/unobtainable even after finishing the game (also in attached file text):

Iconic Weapon List

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Kenshin_Frank",1) - Apparition
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Masamune_Rogue",1) - Prejudice
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Nova_Doom_Doom",1) - Doom Doom
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Nue_Maiko",1) - Death and Taxes
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Overture_Cassidy",1) - Amnesty
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Zhuo_Eight_Star",1) - Ba Xing Chong

Epilogue items (additionals)

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q203_Epilogue_TShirt",1) - Sun Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q203_Epilogue_Pants",1) - Sun Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q203_Epilogue_Boots",1) - Sun Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q202_Epilogue_TShirt",1) - Star Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q202_Epilogue_Pants",1) - Star Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Q202_Epilogue_Boots",1) - Star Ending
Game.AddToInventory("Items.q115_thrusters",1) - Rogue special antigrav thrusters

Game.AddToInventory("Items.SQ030_MaxTac_Helmet", 1) - MaxTac armor
Game.AddToInventory("Items.SQ030_MaxTac_Pants", 1) - MaxTac armor
Game.AddToInventory("Items.SQ030_MaxTac_Chest", 1) - MaxTac armor

Attachments

• Missing & Iconic.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom