[Patch 1.1 Bug] Item randomisation broken (hotfixed in patch 1.11)

+
There is absolutely nothing posted in this thread that requires a developer comment, nor should they post a comment. All we need to do is verify each others findings by comparing observed results with the expected result, determine if it is reproducible or not, submit an accurate bug report and the developer comment will be in the subsequent hotfix notes as "fixed an issue with...". I don't want or need to talk to a developer.

I guess we differ on this point. There has been a demonstrable change in game behaviour for this subject that is not mentioned at all in the 1.1 patch notes. So either we are dealing with a new bug in 1.1 or a significant intended change in 1.1 that is not listed in the patch notes.

I am not expecting a detailed dev reply here, just a brief acknowledgement that they are aware of this topic and are investigating it, nothing more than that. There has been no communication that I am aware of for any of the issues folks have had with 1.1 beyond a brief post on twitter about the game breaking Takemura telephone call issue some folks have experienced.

I'm sure this has all been stated, but the clothing mod structure after 1.1 sucks. Went to get the legendary/iconic rocker vest/foldtop. The item pre-1.1 could have max 4 slots. After 1.1, before taking from dead body, showed 3 slots available. After taking from body and viewing in inventory, only shows 2 slots available. Sent in report to support with screenshots as well. Very few legendary clothing crafting specs available from shops, or even buying legendary clothing. I can craft a legendary item with max slots (for outer coat or shirt - 4 is max), all other items - 3 is max. But for iconic, i've picked up items with no slots, 1 slot, or max of 3 slots. Doesn't make sense.
Post automatically merged:

BTW, anyone else notice the Pacifica Easy XP route (starting at the clothing store) doesn't work anymore?

I am not expecting a detailed dev reply here, just a brief acknowledgement that they are aware of this topic and are investigating it, nothing more than that.

They are aware. I submitted a bug report and got an acknowledgement from a human, not a bot. I don't want or need any further involvement unless they need more save files for iterative testing purposes, in which case I would be happy to provide them. As for how long it takes to fix this issue? How long is a piece of string? It takes however long it takes. It will take less time if reasonably complete and accurate information is submitted. The end as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder if someone can make a Mod to delete/replace me-thrill with other armor mod.

It can be replaced with any generic mod using a save editor (such as a white armadillo mod). The slot will become usable in game at this point. Someone already did this 1 or 2 pages back. I am unable to do it right now because Cybercat Save Editor throws an exception on most of my save files and I haven't figured out why yet.

So this is the temporary work around for themed legendaries if you have stopped playing to wait for this issue to get fixed. See this post:

Just re-checked it with another item (corpo-set shoes).

Again two mods are “Unknown_4C882AC5:19” (1 and 3 positions this time). And only one has normal text on it (one that shown in game – green armadillo).

Yes, save editor is the one Dagobert666 mentioned.
In case someone need code for item i used to replace mods: "122530387466" is a white armadillo (then you can replace it in-game with anything).

Pick up the themed legendaries you want, save your game, open the save.dat in your Save Editor of choice and replace the Unknown_4C882AC5:19 mods with the attachment ID Mordhar quoted. This will reopen the attachment slots and then you can put whatever mods you want in them.

Last edited:
They are aware. I submitted a bug report and got an acknowledgement from a human, not a bot. I don't want or need any further involvement unless they need more save files for iterative testing purposes, in which case I would be happy to provide them. As for how long it takes to fix this issue? How long is a piece of string? It takes however long it takes. It will take less time if reasonably complete and accurate information is submitted. The end as far as I'm concerned.
Its not only about being aware, but is this even a bug? Or is that an intended change and save-scumming will NEVER be back?

I think save scumming should still be possible. The problem is that mods are not randomizing at all as of patch 1.1, which is clearly a bug. As we found out, the way the game seems to handle socket count is to use a special type of mod that disables the socket. Once mods randomize correctly, you should be able to save scum max sockets again. Until then, you have to use a save editor to manually remove the socket disabling mods.

One thing that needs further testing is Megabuilding H6 container A, because we still don't have enough information about procedural item generation in static containers after patch 1.1. I think we have a pretty good idea of how it works for corpses. If you can take a screenshot of the contents of H6 container A, see the following post:

If you are on patch 1.06 and you could screenshot the contents of H6 container A, that would be amazing. Thats the thing we really want to know - how it used to work so we have a baseline for comparison.

Last edited:
It can be replaced with any generic mod using a save editor. This will reopen the attachment slots and then you can put whatever mods you want in them.
I am aware of the save editor. I meant if we can make a mod to replace the game files, then we won't need to use SE everytime.

I am aware of the save editor. I meant if we can make a mod to replace the game files, then we won't need to use SE everytime.
I am absolutely sure, as soon as the real mod tools are out (CDPR has already confirmed that they will come), someone will position a Box in V's Apatment with possible to aktivate the following scripts on all objects in it:

Code:
player = Game.GetPlayer()
ssc = Game.GetScriptableSystemsContainer()
ts = Game.GetTransactionSystem()
es = ssc:Get(CName.new('EquipmentSystem'))
cs = ssc:Get(CName.new('CraftingSystem'))

espd = es:GetPlayerData(player)
espd['GetItemInEquipSlot2'] = espd['GetItemInEquipSlot;gamedataEquipmentAreaInt32']
cs['SetItemLevel2'] = cs['SetItemLevel;gameItemData']

local slots = {
    Face = 1,
    Feet = 1,
    Head = 1,
    InnerChest = 1,
    Legs = 1,
    OuterChest = 1,
    Weapon = 3
}

for k,v in pairs(slots) do
    for i=1,v do
        print('Upgrading item in ' .. k .. ' slot ' .. (i - 1))
        itemid = espd:GetItemInEquipSlot2(k, i - 1)
        if itemid.tdbid.hash ~= 0 then
            itemdata = ts:GetItemData(player, itemid)
            cs:SetItemLevel2(itemdata)
            Game['gameRPGManager::ForceItemQuality;GameObjectgameItemDataCName'](player, itemdata, CName.new('Legendary'))
        end
    end
end

The whole course with targeted box and not Player....

The whole thing can then be given multiple choice.
1. Make item Legendary (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Episc)
2. Make item has 1,2,3,4 slots.

Last edited:
FYI - it was removed because it was sole reason why saves got bloated... because with random loot, each item was randomized every time and then saved into save file... and once save was too big, it took way too long to load the game... (corruption problem was removed with hotfix 1.06)

Right now, every single item placed on map has same number of slots for every single player.... they are not randomized.

FYI - it was removed because it was sole reason why saves got bloated... because with random loot, each item was randomized every time and then saved into save file... and once save was too big, it took way too long to load the game... (corruption problem was removed with hotfix 1.06)

Right now, every single item placed on map has same number of slots for every single player.... they are not randomized.
I think it's very unlikely.
I get more Random LOOT from enemies than from all boxes in the game combined.
Post automatically merged:

Good timing. Official mod tools came out today.
:oops:Seriously? Source please.

watch this:

But that's just a random dude. Not a developer.
Apparently he knows less than we do here. If you read everything from about page 6 onwards, you will see that we really worked empirically. And WE still don't know for sure why this is all happening. We only know how certain aspects of this problem work.
The dud just make wild speculations. Which is absolutely OK.
But no proof that anything is what he says.

Last edited:
He is looking in the right places and he can get his viewers on discord to verify results which is very useful. If he is aware of this thread, there is quite a lot of information that helps to explain some of the things he is observing from pages 4 through 11. Its good to have more people on this because problems are way easier to solve when you get lots of people together, try out different things and compare results.

Things that we really want to know and I hope this guy's viewers can verify:

1) We want someone who is still running 1.06 to check Megabuilding H6 container A.
2) We want a bunch more people on 1.1 to also check Megabuilding H6 container A.

Why? We want to figure out how static container loot is randomized. If it uses a seed method, we want to know what it is. Is it real time? Game time? Is there a trigger condition/state when the loot is set? e.g. real time when the player character enters a perimeter radius of the container?

We do not believe it is seeded by xyz coordinates because the container never moves - it doesn't make any sense. Or maybe it is and this is a mistake, which may explain why item type in static containers is not randomising. But we don't have enough data to say for sure if it is or isn't right now.

Once we have a reasonably good idea of how generic (non themed legendary, non iconic) items are generated in static containers, we can compare item randomisation behavour between 1.06 and 1.1.

I suspect that item type in static containers is not randomising correctly or at all but I really only have 1 other person to compare H6 container A with (we both got Trendy Sazan Lily Square Glasses). 1 match could be a coincidence. 10 matches suggests something is broken.

Last edited:
Character Level: 50
Game Version: 1.06
Platform: PC
Cyberpunk containerA.png

Looks like they pulled the mod tools for now. Oh well no matter. Back to testing. I'm rolling back to 1.06 (kinda cool you can do this with GOG launcher but I couldn't find the option because you need to have auto updates disabled to see it).

Edit: RIP. All my save games blackscreen on 1.06.

Last edited:
Just done an Aldecaldos ending run on my level 26, the Aldecaldo Jacket had four sockets when I got it, when I restarted from PoNR save point, the version in my backpack only had 2 sockets :cry:

I guess we differ on this point. There has been a demonstrable change in game behaviour for this subject that is not mentioned at all in the 1.1 patch notes. So either we are dealing with a new bug in 1.1 or a significant intended change in 1.1 that is not listed in the patch notes.

I am not expecting a detailed dev reply here, just a brief acknowledgement that they are aware of this topic and are investigating it, nothing more than that. There has been no communication that I am aware of for any of the issues folks have had with 1.1 beyond a brief post on twitter about the game breaking Takemura telephone call issue some folks have experienced.

I think the devs are just focusing on the 1.2 deadline since anything they put out there can and will be misquoted and get dragged through the blame machine

Top Bottom