patch 1.1 has completely damaged my game !

+
patch 1.1 has completely damaged my game (PC / GOG)!

i was one of the lucky ones who had to struggle with only very, very few bugs from start to finish. it was never worth complaining about!

since patch 1.1 all screens ingame show a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs ...everything) load very, very late / build up little by little.

cars are upside down in "some" places, burning and exploding.... WTF!

at many points in the game the npcs are standing inside the cars on the side of the road and have conversations....

the game is now completely broken for me and absolutely unplayable!

it's 100% not because of my "high end" hardware regarding the late loading textures or something like this. before the game was a smooth, a 1 plus for me.
I have already repaired cp2077 but unfortunately without success... the errors still remains as described.

can someone "PLEASE" forward this to cdpr? they only break more with their patches!

(are we their guinea pigs? i have uninstalled the game #CRY)

There appears to be something seriously wrong with gog 1.1 patch. I believe it's installing impropperly. At first 1.1 failed to install on, then I immediately noticed really weird bugs that were not there previously. I'm now trying a complete fresh install to see how it goes.

You can try downgrading back to 1.06. It's a bit hidden in the game options, but gog allows for that.

Last edited:
There appears to be something seriously wrong with gog 1.1 patch. I believe it's installing impropperly. At first 1.1 failed to install on, then I immediately noticed really weird bugs that were not there previously. I'm now trying a complete fresh install to see how it goes.

i have reinstalled the game. the graphics problem remains. all screens ingame show a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs ...everything) load very, very late / build up little by little.

Patch 1.1, I am at 4/17 of Down on the Street and I get a call from Takemura, but nothing happens from that point. I don't get a dialog options, he doesn't speak, just his nice picture. I can not save, can not make other calls I have logged out logged back in and the same thing happens.

Attachments

• Takemura.PNG
    Takemura.PNG
    4.7 MB · Views: 173
I feel you buddy, I'm experiencing the same.

1.06 made me lose about 10 FPS already and this one is worse. Slower, textures loading very late, cars upside down, erratic behaviour, to be honest, I didn't even try to see more as I was just checking if 1.1 had improved anything, and gutted as I am (and I'm getting more and more patch after patch) I did quit the game right away. I want to experience this open world even less now.

Waiting for 1.2 now I guess... oh well...

Never thought I'd say that but I wish I could get back to the launch day patch. General state of the game was far from being good, but this is just worse.

i have reinstalled the game. the graphics problem remains. all screens ingame show a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs ...everything) load very, very late / build up little by little.

cd1234.jpg

cd12344.jpg

I have not gotten to that point yet. DL is very slow. But you have options to downgrade here. Untick 'automatically upate to new version', then you have options to select which game version you wish to have. Mind you that it's a completely new download when going from younger to older version.

Same for me.

I've had issues with in game billboards flicking between ads whenever the camera is moved, but it seems even worse after the patch.

I'm also having several weird lighting glitches, and general performance has deteriorated.

Lowering the graphics settings makes no difference, nor does disabling or enable ray tracing and DLSS.

Have tried reinstalling the game too, and it's still the same. :(

I feel you buddy, I'm experiencing the same....

Never thought I'd say that but I wish I could get back to the launch day patch. General state of the game was far from being good, but this is just worse.

Open the game in the GoG browser (or steam)
Options (the 2 sliders)
Manage installation->Configure
Disable automatic update
select 1.06 !
load 58gb again

this cannot be the solution !!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have it similar but worse. I'm on PC/GoG and 1.1 has made it so it crashes on load. I've never had an issue with the game outside of inconsequential bugs (npc's floating, a falling car, etc) but now I can't even boot into the game. I'm playing 100% unmodded, so it's not mods causing this.

I haven't uninstalled reinstalled, but after 80 hours of pretty safe playing, this is super dissapointed in this..

i have reinstalled the game now including only 1.06 patch. runs smooth without graphic problems. then i have installed 1.1 again - BANG - graphic problems are back! all screens in game a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs - everything) is loaded very, very late / builds up little by little... this is what cdpr wanted... they didn't know how to implement it differently because of the console players and now they didn't differentiate between the platforms. they were looking for a stress-free middle ground and this is what they came up with... if you know what you have to pay attention to visually you could go crazy... i'm going to uninstall it "again" and only install 1.06 to be able to play it flawlessly in the usual noble graphic. we can't let cdpr use us as a test subjects for "paid" alpha and beta phases... that's really going too far.

since patch 1.1 all screens ingame show a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs ...everything) load very, very late / build up little by little.
Didnt play two week and then after 1.1 installed. I thought I have wrong memory. It feels difference than previous and I checked my graphic setting, but it has not changed.

Has anyone tried starting a completely new playthrough on 1.1 to see if that fixes the problems? Given the changes they made to savegames, I'm willing to bet that saves under previous versions aren't completely compatible.

Has anyone tried starting a completely new playthrough on 1.1 to see if that fixes the problems? Given the changes they made to savegames, I'm willing to bet that saves under previous versions aren't completely compatible.

If they're making changes to how the game state is stored in savefiles they're probably interpreting and loading old savefiles as the new version. I mean the game is released so they must adhere to compatibility between (at the very least) neighbouring versions of the game.

Also, now when you alt tab rather than switch screens it close CP to the task bar can continues to run

Forget about actual fixes and improvements for this game. The dev team is inexperienced, is not the same dev team that worked on The Witcher 3. They don't know how to properly set code right. I'm sure they have a lot of faulty lines and are unable to find them or simply can't make them work. Unless they hire masters in AAA games coding, this game is going to fail in each and every update / patch they release. Chances are that they end up destroying more than fixing.

Top Bottom