Patch 1.1, when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
why is so important the 10 day schedule? i dont understand

Yeah, CP77 will still be dead. There is nothing to play it further like Settlements in FO4 or something.
The story and quests will still be the same, it's just a patch and "a bigger one" in february.

I wouldn't expect anything new, at least if you play on PC. The patch is probably gonna be bug and optimization fixes, mostly for consoles. Not sure why people are so hyped about it.

I bought this game on XBOX One X just to look at his state.
I played it around ten hours and i'm fine with story, chars and so on. What really bothers me is the frame rate and the loading issues when i drive trough night city (SSD).

Now i'm waiting for the patch and hope they will fix this in the first.
CP2077 is broken in many ways besides the tech. But i'm okay with this and can wait for it, as long as i get a playable game. That's not what i paid for, but a first step is better than nothing.
No need of wonders or any magic.

Edit : Don't think we get the patch today. Next week maybe.

Absolutely not but it would Sumy show that the statements were hollow and that the board did not learn from past mistakes.
Eh... I'm willing to afford them some leeway, as, working in software development myself, I know it's not always easy to meet the deadline for patches. I've lost track of the amount of times we had to postpone an update because some last-minute thing interfered or one of the changes wasn't approved in time by the client.

goodbye direct and honest communication
Considering the message came directly by the CEO, failing to meet that deadline could have worse business repercussions than a few angry "nerds" (no offense meant ;) ) posting on a forum. Usually, these kind of messages are handled by a PR spokesperson for a good reason.

However legit the reasons to delay the patch may be, the way it was announced makes them secondary to the impact of the delay.

Last edited:
Eh... I'm willing to afford them some leeway, as, working in software development myself, I know it's not always easy to meet the deadline for patches. I've lost track of the amount of times we had to postpone an update because some last-minute thing interfered or one of the changes wasn't approved in time by the client.
Leeway for the devs? Absolutely. The game technical state is a trainwreck and I bet that fixing one hole tears up two new ones.

Ivinski and the board however don't deserve more leeway. They used up their share quite a while ago.

That leak about a JUNE RELEASE for a stable build seems more and more plausible now lol. Devs themselves said not to trust whatever management spews out.

Leeway for the devs? Absolutely. The game technical state is a trainwreck and I bet that fixing one hole tears up two new ones.

Ivinski and the board however don't deserve more leeway. They used up their share quite a while ago.
The point is that the "within the next 10 days" was an estimation. When they expect to be able to deliver the patch. Whether the dev team will actually be able to do so is a totally different matter. Honestly, people should stop trying to keep CDPR to any kind of schedule aside from the roadmap they put out so far, as we've already seen what pushing for a release on date X has done for the game in the past. Give the devs their time, please.

Absolutely not but it would simply show that the statements were hollow and that the board did not learn from past mistakes.
maybe, maybe not, i will wait another week if the patch is more sustantial, and not an hasted one, its not the time that count but the substance

Bottom line.
Don't make promises you can't keep.

Don't say 10 days and then
it's 10 workdays or 10 Mondays...

Just say: we are working on a patch and we plan to release it asap within the next weeks, if it is ready.

Case closed.

The ten day deadline only out unnecessary pressure on the guys in the boiler room

[...]
Bottom line.
Don't make promises you can't keep.

Don't say 10 days and then
it's 10 workdays or 10 Mondays...

Just say: we are working on a patch and we plan to release it asap within the next weeks, if it is ready.

Case closed.

The ten day deadline only out unnecessary pressure on the guys in the boiler room
but 10 days (regular or work) haven't passed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
they wanted to pay homage to CyberPunk 2020 with year 2020 release
Post automatically merged:

but 10 days (regular or work) haven't passed yet.
Thing is. He said 10 days.

10 workdays would be the explanation if they dont manage to deliver within the 10 days.

10 Mondays are the obvious over exaggeration ...

I bought this game on XBOX One X just to look at his state.
I played it around ten hours and i'm fine with story, chars and so on. What really bothers me is the frame rate and the loading issues when i drive trough night city (SSD).

I'm playing on One X, CP is installed on a external HDD, no SSD. Loading times are ok, there is much worse on old consoles. With 1.06 I have no real framerate issues. Even fast driving through the city is bearable now. I started GTA V recently, because CP and GTA get compared a lot. Driving in Los Santos has bigger bigger drops in framerate.

Either this is very subjective or CP is not running consistent on the same hardware.

The bigger issue with the updates an hotfixes on consoles is their size. Every hotfix was 16 gb each. I'm blessed with a good internet connection. But I have friends living about 2 km away who have to download for 10 hours. They have the best connection possible for them. I hope that CDPR works on that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom