Patch 1.1, when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, don't feed yourself with unrealistic expectations. I wouldn't count for anything more than optimization in loading the textures and some quest related fixes.

I would be very surprised (positively) to see anything more than that (ie. fixes addressing dull NPC behavior or some glitches with physics).

Anything else (monorail, UI, character customization etc.) is probably out of scope and undo-able in such a short time (if ever)

Don't get high hopes for PC, the January & February patches are mainly focused for base consoles.. PC will have some improvements in those patches just don't expect something amazing... after these 2 patches PC will have more focus. can't wait too enjoy the game after 6 months. 😁

I'm unfortunately "anxious" to just see the patch notes. I have a character in limbo right now because of the Quickhack drop bug. I'd really like to either continue the character or re-roll without fear of losing out on the Legendary Short Circuit.

So yeah... gotta hurry up and wait now.

LOL - Let me churn the waters a bit more - Ten Business Days, not calendar days, which would make it the 26th. 😂
Post automatically merged:

Lets just have it when its ready. I have, scientifically, calculated that there will be 32.768% less spontaneous combustions amongst players using this method. Also, early indicators show far less occurrences of Post Release Stress Disorder with those who do present symptoms proving to be far more treatable: if caught in the early stages.

Ha! PRSD! Brilliant!
Post automatically merged:

I'm unfortunately "anxious" to just see the patch notes.
I'd be happy with that as well. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but don't expect to be.

I think we should have 1.07-1.09 before 1.1?
We should have got version 1.0 before 1.1, we are actually still playing the alpha, not even the beta.

-1.0 is usually the release version ("gone gold"), but some games in eternal alpha like Star Citizen can be like 3.12 without a release in sight;
-Hotfixes are urgent small bug fixes, sometimes with minor changes to existing features, that's why they increase the version by a fraction of what patches do, like 1.06 or 1.08.2;
-Patches and DLCs are usually major and/or minor changes to existing features, addition of new features, scheduled (not urgent) larger bug fixes, and they increase the version by a fraction of what major updates/expansions do, like 1.1 or 1.10;
-Expansions and Major Updates (like an Enhanced Edition or GOTY Edition) are milestones to the game, they usually increase the version of the game like 2.0 or 1.30.

EDIT: Each development stage has it's version number, fun aside, Star Citizen is now Alpha 3.12, when it releases, it will be 1.0.

Last edited:
-1.0 is usually the release version ("gone gold"), but some games in eternal alpha like Star Citizen can be like 3.12 without a release in sight;
-Hotfixes are urgent small bug fixes, sometimes with minor changes to existing features, that's why they increase the version by a fraction of what patches do, like 1.06 or 1.08.2;
-Patches and DLCs are usually major and/or minor changes to existing features, addition of new features, scheduled (not urgent) larger bug fixes, and they increase the version by a fraction of what major updates/expansions do, like 1.1 or 1.10;
-Expansions and Major Updates (like an Enhanced Edition or GOTY Edition) are milestones to the game, they usually increase the version of the game like 2.0 or 1.30.

EDIT: Each development stage has it's version number, fun aside, Star Citizen is now Alpha 3.12, when it releases, it will be 1.0.

Thanks for the explanation, though one needs to mention - it's all internal rating of things. And so it's not a 100% system. As one can easily see when early access title jump from something like 0.7 to 1.0 without any huge changes (so it's not as if that means 30% are missing or they'd have to really count up).

To translate, Star Citizen is 0.3.12, but that would sound horrible for marketing, so they put a "Alpha" in front of it ;)

Yeah, don't feed yourself with unrealistic expectations. I wouldn't count for anything more than optimization in loading the textures and some quest related fixes.

I would be very surprised (positively) to see anything more than that (ie. fixes addressing dull NPC behavior or some glitches with physics).

Anything else (monorail, UI, character customization etc.) is probably out of scope and undo-able in such a short time (if ever)

Fairly certain monorail was cut and isn't coming at any point. Character customisation and UI are unlikely to be improved in 1.1 or 1.2 imo. These patches are mainly going to be optimisation for the console versions, and bug fixes for all versions.

Was Marcin referring to a patch or hot fix? He was talking to continuous updates and improvements, large and small both, when he said the first one will drop in 10 days

You are doing it again.

Counting minutes, imagining the amazing things it will bring xD

Insanity.
We also have people in this thread saying "when it's ready" the exact thing CDPR said about this whole game. It's goldfish memory.

Don't get high hopes for PC, the January & February patches are mainly focused for base consoles..
Don't get high hopes in general. For all you know the patches could end up breaking the game and adding more bugs.

Was Marcin referring to a patch or hot fix? He was talking to continuous updates and improvements, large and small both, when he said the first one will drop in 10 days
He was referring to Patch 1. Bigger Patch 2 will be released in February.
But i got a weird feeling none of the game major issues (AI, NPC, Police etc.) will be fixed with any of these patches.

Someone elsewhere said that CDP tends to push out patches on a Friday. Not sure if valid, but likely makes sense as it gives them the weekend to gather feedback. :shrug:

I think you are quoting me there. I wrote that, cause 1.04 and 1.05 got released on Fridays, initial 1.06 wasn't, cause holidays. 1.06 for Stadia got released on a Friday as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom