Patch 1.1, when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, I'm over here enjoying the game on a level of sober expectation that i have for games that have just released, because i seem to remember this ALWAYS happens with almost every game on release and it's been happing for the last 20 years.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the game looks to be pretty broken on multiple levels from where I'm sitting (AI is quite awful, bugs galore, nothing to do outside mission structure, obviously cut features, etc).
I had tempered my expectations, yet regardless of how I feel (let down), the fact is that the game is not what CDPR had made it appear to be.
It is objectively cobbled in multiple areas, not just 'bad driving'....

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the game looks to be pretty broken on multiple levels from where I'm sitting (AI is quite awful, bugs galore, nothing to do outside mission structure, obviously cut features, etc).
I had tempered my expectations, yet regardless of how I feel (let down), the fact is that the game is not what CDPR had made it appear to be.
It is objectively cobbled in multiple areas, not just 'bad driving'....

Yeah, it's not like they had a Global Pandemic or anything, plus [...] enormous investor pressures ... all from people that have practically zero technical understanding of the challenges they were facing ... all of them screaming to produce despite all the challenges.

... but, yeah, let's put their heads on a pike for caving in to everyone banging on the gates for release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah exactly, so last day would fall on saturday if its coming within 10 days and not working days, so releasing it on saturday falls within promised date and it will not be a broken promise if they do so, I know what within means but the way you structured your post souded like you're making it clear that if it doesnt get released before 10th day then they should be held accountable for not keeping their promise...

I'm just hoping it comes out tomorrow, like the other patches did on Friday, so I can play it this weekend. :)

... but, yeah, let's put their heads on a pike for caving in to everyone banging on the gates for release.

No one wants heads or jobs or anything, we just want to know what the plan is beyond a sentence that gives us the impression CDPR thinks there are no issues. It is 100% possible that they're trying to put back in everything we're calling for and more. It's possible they're going to do none of it and release a few cosmetic things as free content before moving on to new story for paid dlc. It's likely they will land somewhere in the middle, and it would calm everyone down if they gave us some idea where that is going to be.

Given all the communications they managed to constantly roll out to hype the product I really don't think it's beyond their capacity.

*They* chose to say what features the game would have and *they* chose to say they weren't going to release it until it was done. As I've said before, I still would have bought CP had it been a paid beta and I'd have been a lot happier with the product because of the acknowledgement that it isn't done. The lack of communication from CDPR is the real problem here. It takes very little time to acknowledge the people most passionate about your product when they're all saying the same thing.

We are about 1 - 2 days from the 10 day point for patch 1.1 and I'm going to be honest I think it's going to be delayed. SteamDB (https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/history/) says the last time the internal qa build was updated was the 18th. Unless steam DB gets another update about the build debot tomorrow then I think it may be delayed.
It would do some people good to just have some patience until a download drops, instead of being so fixated on these deadline timers.

Dont get me wrong, I get it. But still... I sleep soundly not caring about this stuff.

No one wants heads or jobs or anything, we just want to know what the plan is beyond a sentence that gives us the impression CDPR thinks there are no issues. It is 100% possible that they're trying to put back in everything we're calling for and more. It's possible they're going to do none of it and release a few cosmetic things as free content before moving on to new story for paid dlc. It's likely they will land somewhere in the middle, and it would calm everyone down if they gave us some idea where that is going to be.

Given all the communications they managed to constantly roll out to hype the product I really don't think it's beyond their capacity.

*They* chose to say what features the game would have and *they* chose to say they weren't going to release it until it was done. As I've said before, I still would have bought CP had it been a paid beta and I'd have been a lot happier with the product because of the acknowledgement that it isn't done. The lack of communication from CDPR is the real problem here. It takes very little time to acknowledge the people most passionate about your product when they're all saying the same thing.

In case you missed the news, they're apparently giving out full refunds and not even asking for the game and any other associated swag back. There's a report from Vice Gaming that seems to indicate someone that bought the ultimate whatever version on pre-order with the statue, t-shirts, posters, and whatever else, got his refund and gets to keep everything, including the game.

CDPR is not exactly a gigantic Arasaka Corpo. They've got a LOT on their plates, and there's tones of legal voodoo about what they can/can't/should/shouldn't say ... and, some things said already could have complicated that legal voodoo even more, soo, they kinda have to not only do ALL the dev stuff with patches, and content, and keep working on the stuff they were already working on, but now you've got fanboys calling the game garbage here in the forums because you can't fashion-plate Barbie loot every piece of clothing and item you see on an NPC in addition to a flood of other trifles that are complete non-issues but, it's still noise with all the other noise of legitimate issues.

As such, they're kinda having to do 5X more work in addition to dealing with the Global Pnademic while working, and everyone wants their own personal apology/lip service ... magic words of air to blow up their skirts so they'll feel better ... including a bunch of investors that have sufficiently more than than some scant little retail game purchase invested in the company.

I'm pretty sure there's some folks with over $1 Million invested in the company that might, maybe, perhaps, want their own very extra special treatment ... but, I could be wrong.

it's likely a wise thing to sit down, be paitient, and wait.

Who cares at this point. The people enjoying the game have enjoyed it, and the people who didn't enjoy the game enjoy complaining. So let the patch come out in another day or another month, it makes no difference.

I've enjoyed the game and I enjoy complaining about it.

I don't think it's trash, I think it's the barebones foundation for a potentially great game. If it were trash I wouldn't be here rattling and wailing in hopes of being heard, I'd be playing Below Zero. Unfortunately I'm going to be there sooner rather than later either way unless there's a lot more in 1.1 than I expect, I've done everything on my street kid and my nomad and my corpo doesn't have much left.

I've gotten my money's worth in just a month and change to be sure but there wasn't a single hour of it that I didn't notice something missing. Moreover, rather than looking forward to more content my hopes have moved on to bloodlines 2. They billed CP as the greatest thing since sliced bread and as much as I want it to be, it's a long way off. It would be cool to know if they still felt that way, and if nothing else the contents of this patch give us an idea. The lack of early patch notes makes me a bit nervous, though, lol.

CDPR is not exactly a gigantic Arasaka Corpo. They've got a LOT on their plates, and there's tones of legal voodoo about what they can/can't/should/shouldn't say ... and, some things said already could have complicated that legal voodoo even more, soo, they kinda have to not only do ALL the dev stuff with patches, and content, and keep working on the stuff they were already working on, but now you've got fanboys calling the game garbage here in the forums because you can't fashion-plate Barbie loot every piece of clothing and item you see on an NPC in addition to a flood of other trifles that are complete non-issues but, it's still noise with all the other noise of legitimate issues.

This here is where you lose me. No matter what they might be allowed to say or not, they can say something to acknowledge the game needs some considerable work. "We're on it." would make me feel better. Anything but "We're happy, on to DLC."
There is no way anyone there is legitimately proud of the game as a whole. The devs can certainly take a lot of pride in the characters and the city itself, but mechanically the thing is objectively not finished. Until they acknowledge that by word or by deed(to the people who don't want a refund, that just want a better game) there is going to be a vocal contingent on this forum.

This here is where you lose me. No matter what they might be allowed to say or not, they can say something to acknowledge the game needs some considerable work. "We're on it." would make me feel better. Anything but "We're happy, on to DLC."
There is no way anyone there is legitimately proud of the game as a whole. The devs can certainly take a lot of pride in the characters and the city itself, but mechanically the thing is objectively not finished. Until they acknowledge that by word or by deed(to the people who don't want a refund, that just want a better game) there is going to be a vocal contingent on this forum.

You might also be projecting your own cultural biases on what you think they should and shouldn't do.
The Polish don't exactly have the same value systems or life philosophies in general of, some other cultures.
I try to tell a joke to a russian friend and even though they're absolutely fluent inEnglish, they give that that blank Slavic stare of not understanding, yet will laugh at things I totally don't "get' what's funny about it.
So, there's culture, and, also, though you may not understand it, international law, and lawyers that are international law saavy might, perhaps, be advising them to STFU since there's like already TWO class actions revving up and anything they say, absolutely anything they say, reassuring, culpable, apologetic, whatever, could directly effect those class actions.

We might not get any magic words ... and all they can do is release timelines, and drop patches, updates, and do work until the legal hounds of hell aren't a problem any more.

We don't really know.
That might be unsatisfying but, life aint fair. it's still way early too. the game only just released. Give them time.

I am excited to get 1.1, but at the same time very nervious that a lot of shit won't be fixed. Sure it is going to be a major patch, but at the same time, CP77 was a major game that should not have launched how it did. Hopefully I don't have to wait until February to actually be able to finish some missions...

It's pretty much designated for fixing crashes and other problems on last gen consoles, but that's fine with me. I've at least gotten to play the game, no matter how buggy it is. Besides now we get to share our bug experiences :)

Within the next ten days.

Time is runnuing out.
Off course they can always say they meant working days but that not what iwinski said in the video massage.

The said 10 days. 10 working days are two weeks.

I am certainly not pressing them to deliver the patch within the timeframe but is shows that iwinski and his colleagues on the board did not learn anything.

Don't give deadlines for this game. you are setting people up for disappointment, because the whole game seems to be so fucked that every hole you fix tears two new ones open.

Don't make promises.

Honestly, i doubt anything significant will change until and after 1.2. Most likely they will need a 1.3 to fix the 1.1-1.2 bugs that was born.
:)

Here are the patches Witcher 3 needed to make it somewhat bug free.

Category:The Witcher 3 patches | Witcher Wiki | Fandom
Well, if you will look at Witcher 3 patch 1.10 - there is a massive amount of gameplay changes, bug fixes, perfomance boosts etc. so why should we get less now ?
Post automatically merged:

Within the next ten days.
Time is runnuing out.
It will be today, no worries. No way they will broke that promise.

Well, if you will look at Witcher 3 patch 1.10 - there is a massive amount of gameplay changes, bug fixes, perfomance boosts etc. so why should we get less now ?
Post automatically merged:

It will be today, no worries. No way they will broke that promise.

Let's see, just out of my head.. Because TW3 was released in May and 1.10 came out in October (5 months) ?

Yes, the patch will be out today, but you are in for a huge disappointment.

Yes, the patch will be out today, but you are in for a huge disappointment.
To be honest i'am not planning to play CP2077 after this (1.1) or even after next patch (1.2), just would like to see the patch notes. For me bugs and glitches are not a massive issue, but broken AI, NPC, Police etc.
Would like to see if thye will even start to address these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom