Patch 1.1

+
CDPR --

As someone who:
.. has 100% Achievements on Xbox Series X and 100% Platinum Trophy on Base PS4
.. has end-game characters on Xbox One S and Base Xbox One, both nearing 100% Achievements
.. already purchased _3_ copies of the game - including a PHYSICAL PS4 copy since Sony didn't want a cut of my money

I just want to say thanks for the hard work and long hours you are putting in.
People saying the game is "unplayable" on base "last-gen" consoles are full of crap.
Is it slower on "last-gen"? Yes
Is it as pretty as my Series X? No, but I turned the graphics down on the Series X anyway
Did I have more crashes on "last-gen"? Yes, especially on PS4.
But people saying it was "unplayable" on 1.06 were lying.
It would be impossible to have my Base PS4 Platinum Trophy for the game if it was truly "unplayable."

It is a shame that there are so many self-entitled whiners out there who have no respect or appreciation for all the effort required for something like this.

Keep up the good work and try not to let those clowns get to you.

And yes: I bought the PS4 disc and got 100% just to see if it was REALLY that bad.
I much prefer my Xbox consoles to my PS4, so I am not a Sony fanboy.
I know, yeah. I have been enjoying the game way more than I expected, to be fair.
However...
There is clearly a lot of varying results out there, and many people are getting vastly different experiences with it. I don't disagree that in some situations it's possible to complete the game. But to say everyone else is lying simply because you didn't run into the same problems they did is a bit much.

A quick Google search is enough - try "cyberpunk (insert mission) bug" to see the sheer amount of problems and the forum threads, videos and testing / trying and seeking advice, the frustration and makeshift workarounds etc etc
Even setting aside performance and stability, and discounting the AI and story changes as a non-issue (its a lot to ask at this stage) the list of bugs is still quite long, with some people left unable to complete the main campaign.

Takemura calls immediately in "Down on the Street", but he stays silent. Kinda afraid this will break my game. Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

Didn't a member of the management classify that as a "bug" when people were first complaining about it? I could have sworn there was a quote somewhere that had someone at CDPR saying that it was likely categorized as a bug.
Could be. But as far as I know, I don't think they are classifying the AI as a bug. If they were I think it would have been the first thing they would address given how horrendous it is.

Guys, i don't want to play devil's advocate but we must not forget there is a second patch in february, maybe this one will be good (or not ...)

For my part, I only installed the patch but I don't play it, I'm waiting for DAO to finish the download ... :shrug:

I'm having troubles at a specific achievement. I can't unlock the Gun Fu trophy. I kill all three enemies in really close combat and less than 3 seconds. But the achievement doesn't pop. Any comments or adjustments about this? Thank you!

I was being honest. I did not expected them to add some amazing AI in just a few weeks or add some new physics and innovative mechanics. This is still disappointing! They didn't fix the minimap while driving. Also didn't add an option to walk on PC which are just two of various really easy fixes that modders already implemented in the first place. Why can't they?
Because fixing the trejactory of a grenade in photo mode is more important maaan !

Dear CDPR,

I recently wrote about the Coastview Delamain bug. I think you underestimated how big of a bug it is. When traveling to Coastview the game isn't even registering that I am entering Coastview for some reason. Worse is that the Delamain there will do one lap on its designated path, then it respawns randomly at the intersection of Pacific Blvd and Potomac in Coastview just before the crosswalk on Pacific Blvd, and does another lap. Basically it does one full lap on the map, then disappears and randomly respawns at this point. The game won't let me scan it even if I manage to jump on the hood of the car and go for a lap with it. I am giving you more detail than you probably need in order to try to help you fix this issue because I can't possibly be the only one to have a problem with this given your recent patch notes. Please fix this. Additionally, this new patch introduced a game breaking Takemura phone call/silent treatment bug that was not there before. Aside from the Delamain thing the game was running fine on PS4. Thank you for your hard work!

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:
  • Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World
  • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements
  • Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous
  • Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific
  • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific
  • Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific
  • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific
  • Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.

Any chance of getting the legendary clothing schematics from vendors fixed? Because they disappear if you don't buy them the first time you use the vendor.

Or fix Lizzie's gun not being able to upgrade to legendary or the fact I got double weapons and Johnny's armour I can't delete.

I just downloaded patch 1.1 today and I wonder if they have any clue what they are doing. A few minor things have been fixed but a new bug or feature truly makes the game unplayable om ps4 now. My friends and I have not requested a refund and have continued to play and support CDPR with the faith that they will fix Cyberpunk and the horrible launch will be just that history. We have still enjoyed the game even with the bugs and crashes but patch 1.1 ended that. One bug is that if you travel close to a spawn area and can miss items such as the colby car you lose access to that item even if you never visited the actual area just came close. In their wisdom CDPR now changed the loot system from one that respawns to static so if you ran close to a legendary at level 8 it's locked with that level at slots no matter your level when you do find it. They didn't patch glitches or any number of exploits but chose to get rid of dynamic loot. Now you can't even forgo getting a set of legendary clothes until your max level because if you ran close it's already locked. But patch 1.1 is supposedly a gateway to future patches but everyone I know wants to remove that steaming pile of garbage and go back to buggy crashy 1.06. Because of this issue. Many of us did not request a refund and this is how we are rewarded.

-a fix for randomly cars spawning in front of you while driving

- a fix for your own car spawning inside other cars or spawns half inside the road

I have a suggestion for yall dont touch the game until 2022 23 if they want a comeback like no man sky maybe they should not have focused in the city and more in basic aspects of the game like basic AI it feels like real development was more rushed than anthem.

cause boy hitman 2 looks way better and needs less resources.

Delamain/Epistrophy quests are still broken on existing saves where, before updating to patch 1.1, I had already received the bugged call when entering the respective area and/or tried to approach the car without getting a call.

Holy hell no more T-posing naked above my car!! 🤗🤗😭 It's so beautiful!! My 3080 has never appreciated such an optimization update before.😄 The real test will be after playing for 4 or 5 hours.

Delamain/Epistrophy quests are still broken on existing saves where, before updating to patch 1.1, I had already received the bugged call when entering the respective area and/or tried to approach the car without getting a call.
Yep same here, Delamain is still not calling me for "Don't lose your mind" mission, tried skipping time, rolling saves, nothing.

Guest 4519094

Cyber Engine Tweak has already been updated ... damn that's fast !!

the other mods should take a couple hours of work before coming back online,
if you're a coder and just can't wait to fly around the city take a look at the lua files ;)

I just downloaded patch 1.1 today and I wonder if they have any clue what they are doing. A few minor things have been fixed but a new bug or feature truly makes the game unplayable om ps4 now. My friends and I have not requested a refund and have continued to play and support CDPR with the faith that they will fix Cyberpunk and the horrible launch will be just that history. We have still enjoyed the game even with the bugs and crashes but patch 1.1 ended that. One bug is that if you travel close to a spawn area and can miss items such as the colby car you lose access to that item even if you never visited the actual area just came close. In their wisdom CDPR now changed the loot system from one that respawns to static so if you ran close to a legendary at level 8 it's locked with that level at slots no matter your level when you do find it. They didn't patch glitches or any number of exploits but chose to get rid of dynamic loot. Now you can't even forgo getting a set of legendary clothes until your max level because if you ran close it's already locked. But patch 1.1 is supposedly a gateway to future patches but everyone I know wants to remove that steaming pile of garbage and go back to buggy crashy 1.06. Because of this issue. Many of us did not request a refund and this is how we are rewarded.

Whaaaat ? That was the only way to have decent legendary sets! I think I'm gonna not finish the download and hunt down every legendary first, Jesus Christ why don't they address actual bugs like broken vendors not selling legendary schematics etc I'm so annoyed there's no real end game aswell I already platinumed the game, get 4 slotted legendary cloths was the only end game I had and they're taking it away wtf!

It's immersion that I crave, CDPR. The reason that this game was exciting to me was the idea that it was going to be an immersive experience that "transported" me into a crazy Cyberpunk world. But so much of the game is plagued with bizarre things that scream at you: "THIS IS A GAME".
Obviously, cleaning up the mission-breaking bugs is really important. A game is absolutely hindered when progress is prevented. But, there's still so many immersion breaking things that aren't even bugs. It's as if the game is "working as intended", yet what is happening makes no sense if the point of the game is immersion.

An easy example is a tendency for the random NPCs being generated into the game at any given time repeating in the same scene. Two or three copy-pasted NPCs all walking around in view--sometimes all with the same animation perfectly synchronized.

Because how can you call that happening "a bug", right?

Another one is holdable items constantly floating, or awkwardly sticking to hands. I just was talking to a shop owner that started the conversation with a touch-screen in his hands. So, now throughout the conversation, there's just a touch-screen sticking out of his hand as he crosses his arms, or gestures at something... and it's totally stupid looking and distracts me from the conversation taking place. Why is this a thing? Like, how uncomfortable are you on this engine you're using for the game that these things are still happening POST-RELEASE of the game.

It's just so strange to me that a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 can exist, wherein the NPCs are fairly interactive & appear to be leading a life. Even if it's just a set routine of activities on loop; that's enough to create an impression of a living world and bring immersion to the playable experience.

I'm frustrated at how the world itself is beautiful & the environment itself is so alive--yet it is occupied by these vapid, bumbling, completely inhuman NPCs. It's actually less enjoyable than, say... the NPCs in Morrowind. Because at least the incidental comedy that comes from them glitching out isn't in stark contrast to an inspired, beautifully crafted environment.

I truly hope some of these more fundamental components of an open-world game are more fined tuned in the future. Because that is the Cyberpunk that I want to play.

Last edited:
After the 1.1 update, I am getting the following crash error:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFB4517D5E0.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Any ideas?

Edit:

- I've already tried the verify/repair option

Nevermind... had an outdated mod...
Worked after deleting the files

Last edited:
I am still trying to figure out if there is a way to uninstall this garbage from my system what a nightmare patch

Top Bottom