Patch 1.1

+
Thanks for the update.
Here’s some requests:
If possible, fewer load menu screens at start would be nice.
Auto-crafting for bulk component items.
Visual improvements for current gen consoles - like fixing the art on ads and vending machines; generally gritty/grainy layer on every surface; smoke and atmospheric effects; hair and that weird grain on every strand edge.

download.gif

I know it might be hard to comprehend for you, but cops teleporting behind you simply ruins the ingame experience and therefore is a crucial thing.
I was thinking the same thing...for a month. At minimum they should have a "No__witness=Police 0". Essentially anything to alleviate some of the idiocy of the current police. Heh, I have 7 Tiger Claws shyooting at me from a bar, they follow me to the street, i'm dropping them with hacks, the police ignore them until they hit a civilian at which point the Police attack me. C'mon. Still, it isn't as bad as being out in the Badlands, hitting the one civillian for 3km, with no witnesses and I'm swarmed by 3 drones and 5 Policemen. I sniped a civ from a completely enclosed room on the 7th floor of a building then immediately moved to a corner where I could see the entire room. I could hear them doing their police thing but none physically spawned for over 2 minutes. I looked to my left, then back to my right and there qwerew 2 Officers right on cue.

I really do understand that they can't fix the issue in a realistic fashion right now. It would require an AI overhaul that is tied to too many other things, but the teleporting psychic disaster has to be fixed. Hmm, texture pop-in when moving quickly or Police/NPC Pop-in?

Crashes should obviously be the #1 priority for them, I get that. Next game stropping bugs. Then 30 FPS on a 4/8 CPU with a 570 4GB/970/3GB 1060 lvl card with 8GB SysMem PC at 1080p medium/low 65% draw (This should be pretty darn easy as I've used 3 systems to play the game, two low-end (r5 1400, 8GB PC 2633, 4 GB 570 and 4 GB 580) and besides lower FPS and lower settings I didn't have any more bugs or crashes than I did with a 2700, a 5700 and 32 GB 3633 RAM with crazy tight custom timings running at 1440p high/ultra. I don't know what ppl are doing with their PC's but there is something wrong when I see all these bugs on far superior systems. CDPR shouldn't be held accountable for a dirty OS or a bunch of programs running in the background. Crashes, game halting bugs, then a basic script that requires the police to see/hear be informed there was a crime. Then they can teleport out of visual range and start to search. Is it a great solution? No, but it's fr better than this craziness. I'm starting to think that maybe the Police really do have tech from Alpha Centuri.

It really is a great game, warts and all, but wow could it be so much more. CDPR showed with TW2 and 3 that they do make MAJOR changes, so a near full AI fix and psuedo-real-life NPC lives may very well be implemented, but that's a huge undertaking, and though I do expect better "Fake" systems for Police, I don't expect that big AI overhaul to be done in less than a year. Along with that, I think the last gen consle versions will be stuck with the "Fake" AI as the Jaguar CPUs just can't handle that much computational stress and the memory is always going to be a problem with them. The world is just too big, and the sheer number of NPC's is just too...gargantuan.

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:
  • Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World
  • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements
  • Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous
  • Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific
  • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific
  • Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific
  • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific
  • Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.

Performance vise game run much better now ty! But now Takemura and Lizzie decided to become one, reloading save doesn't help! :cry: Never had this bug before in my 387 hours of CP77 :oops:
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.23 - 05.39.07.66.png

thanks for update, but please tell me we are getting qol improvements soon, and some more upgrades to fix vehicle/ped draw distances, as those are really horrible.

Thanks for the patch. Positively helpful and dont expect everything to be fixed just now. That will be an ongoing thing, appreciated.

Absolutely terrible update. I am playing on PS4 and after installing the update Takemura calls me and proceeds to say absolutely nothing, blocking me from using my phone in game to do other things and wont go away. Had to load a much earlier save to try to circumvent that issue and it worked but that also meant deleting multiple save files that got corrupted with the Takemura phone call/silent treatment. When I did fix that issue, I tested the Delamain patch since my Coastview Delamain mission is still pending since it won't let me scan the vehicle. Went to coastview and no such luck. The patch fixed absolutely nothing. The Delamain cab still drives around aimlessly as though I am not even there and won't let me scan it. The patch did absolutely nothing to fix the Delamain missions. They're better off just deleting that from the game entirely at this point.

Eh, yes and no. If you turn on the highest difficulty, the enemies start having a decent AI. So there's arguably an easy fix for that.

The game's lower difficulties seem to make them all idiots.
This is false. the dificulty level is just a slider for give damage/taken damage ... that's ALLL .... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

First- wow the game is and always has been beautiful on the Xbox series x. First session I had a few tokes and 4 hours went by. I didn’t remember much but maaan was I immersed by the city detail and graphics. I could see the pores in people’s skin. I could practically feel all the clothing and upholstery items with my eyes. Having a smart link and bending bullets around corners to hit perps is incredible and is my fav feature about the game. I especially love how the one gang has smart targeting immunity which the player can also earn. Having to recognize it and switch weapons is slick.

*spoiler alert* When Jackie died I wanted to feel emotional- but something was missing. Unlike other emotional games I’ve played there were so many new concepts and huge ideas that my brain clung to the more sugar-laden stimulants of the game vs emotional development. To this day the only game to make me tear up and blame allergies was “The last of us”. CP2077 music is incredible and this is one of the few games that uses it well to build the mood (Skyrim, mass effect 2, the last of us. Never played Witcher or Ghosts of T.).

Keanu definitely adds some good spice just not sure if it’s my man crush/respect for him or actual value. Keanu was worth whatever he cost and management knew it. I just hope Keanu vets his next endorsement a bit better.

I’m level 22 now, corps gorilla arms street cred 34. Age 36 IRL.

My beefs based on my limited experience:
AI:
-NPC civi’s who all react exactly the same way ie 10 people getting out of their cars and ducking down like a synchronized swimming team.
-teleporting police
-AI is wounded or shot at or witnesses a murder and gives up pursuit way too fast. These enemies should relentlessly pursue or hide or run away until far escape based on their personality.
-After taking down 6+ cops and mechs one can simply run away and no warrant/no consequence after approx 20 seconds. You should need to change your outfit, appearance, if you don’t have extra gear you need to mug or rob ASAP as digital APB’s will quickly alert vendors and cops alike. Serious warrants should not go away unless you get cosmetic surgery, tattoos, haircuts, etc. There should be more interaction with streetside vendor shops and streetmeat-esque spots to dip in and hide or bribe/intimidate for cover.
-AI seeing you through walls, objects, and floors when trying to stealth.

Crafting:
I’m OCD for scrapping/crafting. Having to upgrade each piece of equipment every single time I level up for 2-5 extra dmg or armor points gets tiring quick. Especially because you always find better items alllll the time even if you’ve placed 10 tiers of upgrades into an item (especially true for clothing/armor).
-upgrades should be based on a relevant skill unlock/leveling perk points instead of character level.

Cyberware:
-As someone else mentioned earlier I want to watch the animation of each cyberware being installed like when you receive your first upgrades. Cmon give us some ceremony for spending that cashish!
-Gorilla arms don’t seem to do much aside from help fist fight dmg. I haven’t been able to force a single door or rip off any “turrets” with them. These arms should force all doors as a perk if there is a str option. Maybe crush some skulls GOT mountain style.
-Armor mods- what does 20, 50 etc extra armor do in terms of total dmg reduction?
-Rocket arm- or whatever it’s called. I bought this and then reloaded to get gorilla arms instead. The Rocket explosion animation/effect glitched often... but maaan when it did explode it seems wayyyy too powerful. So much so that encounters were way way way too easy. And unlimited ammo? Cmon.
-Didn’t try mono wire/mantis arms.

General:
-not being able to pick up 10-20% of items without jumping in every axial direction while spamming for grab. I’d say 5% of items can’t be picked up period.
-more joytoys servicing the population. Cmon is this a vice town or what? More emphasis on gambling or at least regular options. Also joytoy risk of being drugged/mugged/diseased.
-random physics crashes and clipping of items into other items.
-game usually crashes for me if riding high speeds on motorcycle (3/5) times. 170km/h plus.
-It feels like my character who is spec’d to be a hacker/infiltrator can brawl through no prob guns blazing (even before gorilla arms) . I don’t feel like all the skills and perks really have a large effect on the game aside from a few cyberware items (time dilation, double jump). I shouldn’t be able to run into a room and gun down 6 mercs with this build by spamming L/R triggers to acquire/fire at targets. I am Neo with only a common rifle.
Food:
-for items we pickup and see the most they are the most overpowered (nourisment food) or useless (stamina drinks) items. It’s super frustrating to have to sell them off to clear inventory too. There should be a sell all option for food/junk.
- Food should not regen health but rather stave off perk reductions or penalties for being hungry. This would also make the combat health regen perk relevant. As it stands why would I waste multiple perk points when eating a croissant gives me a crazy long regen buff? I don’t ever drink because you don’t need to. Stamina never becomes taxed enough where it’s an issue, although my only melee is gorilla arm punchouts. Same for sleeping there is no need to currently sleep. Sleep deprivation should result in increasingly distracting cyber psychosis hallucinations resulting in lack of trigger control aka killing innocents or Keanu taking over violently as you become more delirious.
Apartment:
-So bland... let us choose furniture and accessories. Make as many apartment/mansion/house/drug den/love nest/whatever options as there are cars. Allow us to host our cyberpunk/online buddies over virtually just in our apartments so we can sesh and pool/arcades/gamble/shooting range hallway, etc. Cool house mods. A buddy and I often just wanna see each other’s gear and get baked IRL while playing some time filler virtual game or watch virtual TV. Weird.. I know. Let us roleplay and just enjoy it.
Incapacitate mods:
-my ammo incapacitates, so I get street cred for that. Then I walk over and kill downed enemies for more street cred. It should be the opposite- more cred if you leave people alive to tell the story- but use a lord of the rings template and create nemesis enemies who remember and hunt you.

Hacking:
-unlimited preview time when hacking so no need to get perks that add more time. Preplan then start and all puzzles can be solved within 5 seconds.
-having perks that provide 2 mins vs 5 or 10 mins effects are redundant. 99% of all stealth/hack/assault encounters last 2 mins or less and to waste more perks beyond the initial buy-in is useless.

Dialogue choices don’t seem to have a large effect but then again I haven’t completed the game.

Will add more later.

Last edited:

Just keep plugging away. One thing at a time, stay focused and think long-term, not "All at once". Get the crashes and game-breaking bugs under control for those who can't play the game, as I've played _bad_ games along with exceptional ones. This could be remembered as one of the "Greats", it's that good, even with it's current flaws, if it works correctly. It's far more action immersive sim than RPG, and I don't see that changing, but as much as I want an AI overhaul, I want people to be able to experience the same game I played. Yes, I've had numerous crashes, but nothing abnormal...

As for last gen console players, I feel for everyone. I'm guessing no one at CDPR expected this console cycle to last 8+ years. Then add a pandemic which seems to have made silicon an even hotter commodity that everyone is fighting for. New GPUs and CPUs are outrageously priced, while new consoles are not only in short supply, they are being held hostage by scalpers (as are many PC parts). That doesn't excuse the AI for when players want to get a little (or a lot) nuts, sinking into the ground and being 2' shorter until you restart, get on or off a vehicle etc and the other issues, big and small, but wow is this game still fantastic.

Like I said, just keep knocking out problems one at a time, and don't rush a full AI overhaul please. Use basic ifthen scripts to put a bandaid on things like the police teleporting psychic issues, and when the full AI is done, whether that's 6 months from now or a year; whatever it takes to implement it correctly. Please don't add a broken half-cooked system that just needs to be redone again.

Regardless of backlash CDPR should be proud of what they did accomplish, and even more excited about what they can build on with this game as a backbone in the future. Dystopian setting, but the game's growth and upcoming prospects are anything but. God luck and thank you.

I really don't understand why people thank someone for doing something that shouldn't have been necessary in the first place .... Now if I broke something and they fixed it I would thanking them but frankly they should be the ones thanking us for patiently waiting for them to make things right with us ......

I still think there is a damned good game in there somewhere but it's not there yet so I'll just wait until there is something mostly bug free and with a working AI ......

However one thing I can praise them for is making a helluva lot more progress on this game than Ubisoft has made with Valhalla ..... The only two new games I've bought since August and both turned out to be trainwrecks ....... Oh well back to my 350 mods and patches Skyrim build ..... It ain't perfect but it's a helluva lot more stable than CP 2077 and Valhalla and looks almost as good (Actually the characters look better than either game)

Top Bottom