Patch 1.1

+
Hey CDPR,

could you please release a roadmap when you are planning to implement missing features? I would really like to know if and when you are going to add features you talked about, like a polices system, customizations.

I wouldn't even mind if it is very vague like q3 2022, but at least I would like to hear that you are going to implement it and not just patch the game and move on without improving the bare bone mechanics.

You never mentioned any of this in your commitment to quality video. Please confirm that you are going to add mechanics and which ones.

Why? Please see the roadmap, no new features in these patches.
Because I hoped the broken police system was a bug, not a missing feature.

Hhhhh.... reading some of the posts here as someone who actually works in software development really annoys me to no end. Can't imagine how hard it is for the actual CDPR devs. No wonder they don't interact with the users here much (if at all) anymore.

To the people calling AI/Police a "bug", learn what the term "bug" in software development actually means first. Definition: "An error, flaw or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways." UNINTENDED. A "bad" feature or lack thereof is not a bug.

The AI or police system implementation might be less than satisfactory but if it is actually intended to work that way, then it is NOT A BUG. Crashes, performance optimizations, save file corruptions, quest fixes, etc. on the other hand ARE by the very definition bugs. They aren't intended to work like that. So why are so many people so aggro that the devs fix those problems first? The fuck?

Also, saying they had 4 years to implement the AI and it's still bad is pretty unfair. It's not GTA level, true, but it's not that bad. GTA has had 2 decades over multiple games to continuously improve their AI and police system and they are the actual heart and soul of their game. GTA V took 3 years to develop AND they can take the implementation from GTA IV and just improve that instead of starting from scratch. If GTA V had subpar AI and police system, you might as well throw it in the trash.

Cyberpunk has far better story, music, graphics, acting (subjective), a far more impressive city, more combat variety, etc. than GTA V. Those things take time to develop and 4 years isn't exactly that long for a project the size of Cyberpunk from my perspective. Also, Cyberpunk doesn't have their own equivalent of GTA IV to use as a starting point and one can argue the AI and police system isn't exactly as much as core as in GTA either as the game is not meant to be "GTA Cyberpunk edition". It's the story, music, environment, etc. So of course the AI is "worse".

To people getting annoyed because the specific bug they reported didn't get fixed in this patch. Devs work usually using some sort of planning and issue tracking software like Jira or some internal software. The problems you report are probably all recorded and put into some sort of queue. Then they prioritize based on how game breaking it is (they probably have their own internal system to decide) and how many people reported it.

If your bug didn't get fixed this time around, it doesn't automatically mean that they didn't listen. It just means they decided that there are other bugs that they think is more important to fix or there are other bugs that are reported by more people. Your bug is probably still in their queue and will be fixed eventually in the coming patches, hotfixes, DLCs, and expansions.

Also, this patch is not as bad as a lot of you make it out to be. I don't have that much time to play today but I tried it to drive around for a bit and on my PC (R5 3600 + 2070S) I got 5-10 FPS more on average and to me that's not a bad for a stability/crash/performance fix patch. On top of that, I've had 100+ hours in game and I have never had any game breaking bugs. There are some funky bugs during quests but nothing that can't be solved by a simple save reload or game restart.

All in all, a lot of people here really need to get some insight on how software dev actually works and how hard it really is even for professionals. Some of you are talking without knowing what you are talking about and it's really annoying to read since I have some experience on their field of work. You can argue that they released it too early but those things aren't exactly the devs' decision, it's the board's like Marcin Iwinski said. Stop being unnecessarily rude to the devs and mods here ffs.

Edit: removed some unintended links

The only problem with this patch is that it is 1.1 when it is actually 1.07, because it does not include any new features.

CDPR should reduce its hype in its press releases.

Guys, if you find something is not YET fixed or got bugged because of the patch - instead of dumping everything here to be buried after a few minutes, try to take some time to describe the problem in details and report it to support or in TECHNICAL section of the forums.

This will be definitely more helpful to the game and community than just short messages "THIS thing is still not working" or aggressive remarks, which will get deleted.

The main focus of this patch was the last gen consoles.

And they actually did a great job there, the game is running between 20 and 30 fps from what I've seen in youtube.

Probably at the expense of high-end PC experience.

After the patch the only visual "improvement" I see is downgraded textures everywhere. Especially noticeable on cars and pedestrians. It's not "optimization" you know.

Edit: actually it's Witcher 3 all over again. PC game screwed by the consoles. Except W3 was downgraded even before release.

somehow this patch doesn't seem to be "LARGE" at all.. more like in between small & medium.. if it was "large" then there would have been hundreds of fixes.. now its just 32 fixes & small improvements.. lets see what's in the "MORE SIGNIFICANT" patch in February just as CDPR said in the apology video.. now we see 1.1 patch is not significant.. medium patch at best. guess keep on doing this & as i assumed after 6 months we might get a decent game.. 👍

Hhhhh.... reading some of the posts here as someone who actually works in software development really annoys me to no end. Can't imagine how hard it is for the actual CDPR devs. No wonder they don't interact with the users here much (if at all) anymore.

To the people calling AI/Police a "bug", learn what the term "bug" in software development actually means first. Definition: "An error, flaw or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways." UNINTENDED. A "bad" feature or lack thereof is not a bug.

The AI or police system implementation might be less than satisfactory but if it is actually intended to work that way, then it is NOT A BUG. Crashes, performance optimizations, save file corruptions, quest fixes, etc. on the other hand ARE by the very definition bugs. They aren't intended to work like that. So why are so many people so aggro that the devs fix those problems first? The fuck?

Also, saying they had 4 years to implement the AI and it's still bad is pretty unfair. It's not GTA level, true, but it's not that bad. GTA has had 2 decades over multiple games to continuously improve their AI and police system and they are the actual heart and soul of their game. GTA V took 3 years to develop AND they can take the implementation from GTA IV and just improve that instead of starting from scratch. If GTA V had subpar AI and police system, you might as well throw it in the trash.

Cyberpunk has far better story, music, graphics, acting (subjective), a far more impressive city, more combat variety, etc. than GTA V. Those things take time to develop and 4 years isn't exactly that long for a project the size of Cyberpunk from my perspective. Also, Cyberpunk doesn't have their own equivalent of GTA IV to use as a starting point and one can argue the AI and police system isn't exactly as much as core as in GTA either as the game is not meant to be "GTA Cyberpunk edition". It's the story, music, environment, etc. So of course the AI is "worse".

To people getting annoyed because the specific bug they reported didn't get fixed in this patch. Devs work usually using some sort of planning and issue tracking software like Jira or some internal software. The problems you report are probably all recorded and put into some sort of queue. Then they prioritize based on how game breaking it is (they probably have their own internal system to decide) and how many people reported it.

If your bug didn't get fixed this time around, it doesn't automatically mean that they didn't listen. It just means they decided that there are other bugs that they think is more important to fix or there are other bugs that are reported by more people. Your bug is probably still in their queue and will be fixed eventually in the coming patches, hotfixes, DLCs, and expansions.

Also, this patch is not as bad as a lot of you make it out to be. I don't have that much time to play today but I tried it to drive around for a bit and on my PC (R5 3600 + 2070S) I got 5-10 FPS more on average and to me that's not a bad for a stability/crash/performance fix patch. On top of that, I've had 100+ hours in game and I have never had any game breaking bugs. There are some funky bugs during quests but nothing that can't be solved by a simple save reload or game restart.

All in all, a lot of people here really need to get some insight on how software dev actually works and how hard it really is even for professionals. Some of you are talking without knowing what you are talking about and it's really annoying to read since I have some experience on their field of work. You can argue that they released it too early but those things aren't exactly the devs' decision, it's the board's like Marcin Iwinski said. Stop being unnecessarily rude to the devs and mods here ffs.

Edit: removed some unintended links

You are not right, my friend. It's all been a mistake for years. They have advertised a product far, far beyond the capabilities of what has reached the users, a very different game. Nobody can deny something that is in hundreds of videos on the internet, many things have changed from the great marketing product advertised and the product we have been presented and yes, it is a mistake, not computer, but human. Even if they fix all the problems of the game and its mechanics, which seems impossible to me because many things would have to be approached differently from scratch, the magical game that was sold to us will never be. After having played it in this state, nobody will ever taste the candy in the same way again. Everything has been lies, even the apology video where they blame themselves and at the same time blame the testers of the game for not having detected the problems in the old generation consoles. If a 10 year old child sees those problems ten minutes after playing the game.... The press in my country, Spain, didn't receive the game on consoles until the very day of its release, so that its faults wouldn't be seen and it could be sold. The whole thing has been a nonsense and everything has been for money. That confidence is not going to be regained; after all, we all know that the most important thing for them is money, that's all. No pitiful-faced manager is going to convince me otherwise.

Broken Police AI is a bug, repairing or changing it is not a new feature.
Please learn what the word bug actually means. Bugs are unintended. If they have bad police AI because of time constraints or lack of experience or whatever but it is intended to work that way then it is not a bug.

My Epistrophy quest is still bugged too. I only have the Northside cab left to clear but whenever I get to the area, there are no calls from Delamine, and I see the car, but nothing happens. I tried shooting the car, and hilariously I get a text message from Delamain telling me to stop damaging his cabs.
I’m still having the same problem.

View attachment 11152580
Look at the actual roadmap. They never said that there would be any new features in 1.1. People like you are the ones over-hyping things.

A change from 1.0 to 1.1 in software development usually indicates the introduction of new features.

Version changes from 1.0 to 1.01 are bug fixes.

And already changes from 1.0 to 2.0 a new version. With new engine and features.

Made an account to post about an issue since I can't create a new post and have found other players experiencing a similar issue.

On the mission "With a little help from my friends", Panam's car is still stuck 400m in the sky. I was hoping this would be addressed in this update. I'm debating starting a new game and progressing to this point in hopes of it fixing the issue but I'm also not into spending another 20hours only to end in the same place. Can we please try to address this in the next update if not already on your radar? I've essentially abandoned the game which is a shame because I was really enjoying it. This is on base ps4. Thank you.

Hey folks, so the Takemura bug. "Down on the Street" through all of my play throughs, on my third now I never experienced this bug that was said to be fixed in the patch notes. However just so happens that now that the fix is out I was literally just on that mission and the bug is there and I can get the phone call to go away.

Just to let you know, I am not on the band wagon of bashing you guys, I bought CP on launch day on old PS4. Instead of refunding... I just bought it again on PC as it is that freaking good:) I have not experienced this kind of gaming experince since a child on NES, perhaps on Skyrim.

Anyway amazing, but please see into this bug again, the patch seems to not fixed it but brought it out to the front.

PC:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Adapter Description AMD Radeon RX 5700
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x731F), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Video RAM: 2GB

Top Bottom