Patch 1.10 - GPU Usage Increase / FPS Drop

+
Patch 1.10 - GPU Usage Increase / FPS Drop

Hey guys,

Currently running patch 1.10 with:

- i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz
- 8GB DDR4 2133mhz
- EVGA GTX 970 SC

It seems, when compared to 1.08, my average GPU usage has increased by some 20-30%. With 1.10, it rises to 100% during fighting, causing my FPS to drop below 60 (something it never did before).

Is anyone else experiencing a GPU load increase / fps drop with 1.10?

Note; I have tried reinstalling and deleting my old .ini files, but no change.

I have 980, and I have massive FPS drop too. It looks like it has something to do with the fog created by the wind - it drops by good chunk (6-10 frames).

Before 1.10, I could play 1440p with hairworks off, shadows/terrain quality/foliage distance on high, everything else on ultra and worst case scenario was 50 FPS (with SSAO it could probably be smooth 60 nearly all the time). Now with turning the options down (SSAO, shadows medium), the game drops to 45 FPS. And God help you if there is building on fire.
I used no mods, no edits to ini, and the famous compedium gives placebo effect only.

Witcher3 uses SO MUCH DAMN CPU

I would check out http://cpucores.com it makes your windows use less cpu and be better for gaming. I have it and use it every day for Witcher3, GTA, and ARMA and my FPS goes up by a lot, sometimes double the FPS. I think with your hardware it might help you out a lot.

Top Bottom