Patch 1.10 - Reason of State still shows up as failed; Novigrad: Closed City II failed on 1.10

+
Patch 1.10 - Reason of State still shows up as failed; Novigrad: Closed City II failed on 1.10

I thought this patch was supposed to fix that? I completed the game on 1.08 and completed Reason of State but in postgame it shows up as failed.

In addition, Novigrad: Closed City II, which was successful in 1.08 (Or at least not in the "Failed" part of the log) now shows up as failed in 1.10

Same for me. I had the Reason of State problem in 1.08, stil showing up as failed on 1.10 with all individual tasks in green, and Closed City II joined with the "follow the missing man" task as failed.

I think when u already failed the quest it keeps it as failed, u guys played that mission after the patch or before it ?

I think when u already failed the quest it keeps it as failed, u guys played that mission after the patch or before it ?

I had no failed quests on my first completed round but now that quest (Novigrad: Closed City II) is showing as failed after installing the patch so something went wrong with the patch :)

On the other hand, I had 1 bugged treasure quest (the only opened quest) and this one got completed with the patch.

Just came here to say that for me too Closed City II is now marked as failed, come on CDPR... I thought this patch was supposed to fix this sort of thing?

Still, you did fix other annoying things and I appreciate that, just hope another patch comes out soon to fix this sort of stuff.

Novigrad, CLosed City II wasnt even a quest before 1.10.

I have no idea why they'd add it in since it seems to just fail for everyone anyway. O_O

Hello,

After my laudatio, I must grumble again. I can confirm this bug, too. For me it happens with "Ein leerer Stall" (please translate yourself in english or polish, it is the quest with the orphans, who stole the hens from the older women). And I don't have for this a metaitem and I don't follow the false quest-order. First I talk to the older women with the exclamation point. And please fix it, so that this quest is open again. Thanks.

View attachment 25660

Attachments

• Quest fall with Patch 1.10.jpg
    Quest fall with Patch 1.10.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 81
Hello,

After my laudatio, I must grumble again. I can confirm this bug, too. For me it happens with "Ein leerer Stall" (please translate yourself in english or polish, it is the quest with the orphans, who stole the hens from the older women). And I don't have for this a metaitem and I don't follow the false quest-order. First I talk to the older women with the exclamation point. And please fix it, so that this quest is open again. Thanks.

the quest is called "Empty Coop" for anyone wanting to know.

They just pushed out a DLC update on Steam (~315MiB), but it doesn't resolve this problem.

What is Closed City II quest anyway?

I'm pretty sure I completed this quest before the patch (though it also shows up for me failed now). I believe it is the one where it starts with some guys on a street corner wanting your help to track down their friend who was attacked and injured.

The guys seem shady from the start and are all labelled bandits. You follow the blood trail and it turns out to be a witch hunter they attacked who attempted to crack down on their fisstech ring. You can either help the witcher hunter or take the coin from them and let them kill him.

Can confirm Novigrad: City Closed II is moved to Failed.

Also, pretty sure I do not remember seeing City Closed "I" or "II" before, only "Novigrad: City Closed".

What I think they clearly did was separate the 2 parts of the quest, since there was an obvious issue with people not completing one or the other parts at the same time.

This makes sense, as this was the only quest in which the subsequent parts were labeled with yellow "!"s, instead of normal quest markers. I believe one of the earlier patches addressed it so there'd be no Failed listing, and this made them 2 separate quests....

which now needs to be fixed again. lol

Last edited:
They were 2 separated quests with the same name. I think we have to do the quest after 1.10 is installed. It will not correct already failed quests. And one of those quests are easy to fail just by walking a few steps on the wrong direction.

Same here.

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (2).jpg
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (2).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 53
  • The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.jpg
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 43
They were 2 separated quests with the same name. I think we have to do the quest after 1.10 is installed. It will not correct already failed quests. And one of those quests are easy to fail just by walking a few steps on the wrong direction.

Tried going to both starting locations for the 2 parts. Nothing to do. No contacts or yellow "!"s.

Top Bottom