Patch 1.10 - Reason of State still shows up as failed; Novigrad: Closed City II failed on 1.10

+
@Illisine Seems to me that you completed one and failed the other. Two separated quests. If you stray but a little to the wrong direction (outside the yellow circle), the thieves will say something about you're not being that good a tracker and leave, thus failing the quest.
(agora, jogar dublado em português? Eu não consigo, depois de anos jogando the witcher em inglês, as vozes e tal... odeio dublagem...hehe)

@Illisine Seems to me that you completed one and failed the other. Two separated quests. If you stray but a little to the wrong direction (outside the yellow circle), the thieves will say something about you're not being that good a tracker and leave, thus failing the quest.

This has nothing to do with people failing one of the 2 "Novigrad: Closed City" quests before they split them up. I am 100% sure I completed both. Novigrad: Closed City II still shows up as failed after I loaded my game in 1.10. It's a bug.

i didnt have that problem i just finished the game from start to finish without failed quests in 1.10 i found 1 bug that is missing crystal on the wolfen gear quest.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with people failing one of the 2 "Novigrad: Closed City" quests before they split them up. I am 100% sure I completed both. Novigrad: Closed City II still shows up as failed after I loaded my game in 1.10. It's a bug.

Well, I had both completed after 1.10 and they show OK to me. I'll check later, as I progress thru the game, if any of them will become failed.

View attachment 25853
View attachment 25854

Attachments

• TW3_Novigrad1.jpg
    TW3_Novigrad1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 54
  • TW3_Novigrad2.jpg
    TW3_Novigrad2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 54
Well, I had both completed after 1.10 and they show OK to me. I'll check later, as I progress thru the game, if any of them will become failed.

Which of the 2 portions did you complete first, the "5 points" thug who signals you, or the female on the bridge to Temple Isle?

And what patch version was your game when you did it?

Which of the 2 portions did you complete first, the "5 points" thug who signals you, or the female on the bridge to Temple Isle?

The thugs first, the 3 keys right after. Both on 1.10

The behaviour after 1.10 is indeed strange. I started a new play through (not NG+, clean 1.08 from the beginning) a few days ago and completed both Novigrad: closed city quests.

To avoid misunderstanding: closed city I: find the 3 keys and open a treasure; closed city II: help two bandits to find a wounded soldier (that's how it was with 1.08 )

Both were marked as "completed" with all subtasks green. So everything worked perfectly with a clean 1.08 savegame.

After starting the latest savegame with 1.10 (shortly after finishing most novigrad sidequests and just started skellige main quest) the closed city II quest was marked as failed (subtask follow the blood trail -> red). The strange thing is: an older savegame from the same 1.08 play through (a few novigrad sidequests behind and skillige main quest not yet started) where the closed city quests were also already completed, is still fine. Closed city II is still marked as complete (no failed quests).

So it seems the quest progress is somehow related to other quests that have nothing to do with closed city quests.

Last edited:

I've just put my 1.10 run on hold and loaded a 1.08 end game save to play HoS at once and Novigrad Closed City II shows as failed to me. I guess it has to be done on 1.10 or it will show as failed. JFYI.

To avoid misunderstanding: closed city I: find the 3 keys and open a treasure; closed city II: help two bandits to find a wounded soldier (that's how it was with 1.08 )

It's been a few months, but I do not remember the 2 portions of this quest being tied to one another.

I do not remember starting and completing 1 and then starting and completing the 2nd part. I do know for a fact that I had no idea there even WAS a 2nd part, since when I lead the thugs to the downed Witch Hunter, the quest Completed, I got the completed sound, and moved on. It wasn't until much later, at least 2 patches, that the quest immediately reverted to Failed after a patch, that I learned there was a 2nd part.

It was then, with that first part in the FAILED section of my Journal, that I then went and completed the 2nd part (on the Temple Bridge) which reverted the entire quest (as a single quest, not I or II) to successfully Completed in my journal.

And now, it seems they've broken it up into 2 official quests, the 2nd of which (II) we all have listed as Failed.

Yes, Reason of State is not alone now.
Closed City II, clearly completed by me many hours ago, failed as well after 1.10 patch.

Please, guys from CDPR, thanks for amazing game, but maybe small patches, that fixes specific problems will be more suitable than one huge patch in 2 months.

Same here : after 1.10, Novigrad Closed City II is failed. funny thing is, I have a savegame during this quest. I completed it again with 1.10 (I helped the wounded soldier) , to see if it works, and it's marked as completed. for how much time ? I dunno.

Anyway, with my "current save", I've finished the main quest and most second quests. so I won't do everything again. I've begun HoS.

The "Faithful Friend" quest, btw, isn't stuck anymore in the quest log. a good thing. (but I also have a savegame just before this quest, and it still isn't completable... I guess patch 1.10 "completed" it automatically)

The performance is much better now, with my Geforce 980 GTX. (I'm using old drivers : 344.75 : never a single TDR with those) Hairworks ON, everything ultra. Vsync ON in Nvidia panel, no AA, no AO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom