Patch 1.10 - Script compilation error

+
Patch 1.10 - Script compilation error

TW3 fails to start after I upgraded to 1.10.
The Redengine splash screen appears, script compilation begins. After script compilation an error report appears and the following errors are displayed:

Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.

Game doesn't start after that. As far as I recall, I haven't changed any script files manually or by mods (prior to official mod support). Any ideas how to solve this?

Last edited:
TW3 fails to start after I upgraded to 1.10.
The Redengine splash screen appears, script compilation begins. After script compilation an error report appears and the following errors are displayed:

Game doesn't start after that. As far as I recall, I haven't changed any script files manually or by mods (prior to official mod support). Any ideas how to solve this?
If you are using any mods (even those created after the support was added) they might not work, due to changes in the base scripts. If the problem persists verify your game files.

Yeah, I will try disabling/reenabling hte mods one by one. Thank you.

Doing the same thing now.

My error log consisted of alot of things I recognize from the mods I removed. Hopefully, most of the texture replacing variety mods will still work...

edit: I did try removing everything from the Mods folder, and it launched fine.

Last edited:

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
If one's <gamedirectory>\mods folder contains script mods that modified scripts which were changed in 1.10 (and a lot of them were) script compilation errors will occur. I'm afraid those mods will have to be updated by modders to work.

If one's <gamedirectory>\mods folder contains script mods that modified scripts which were changed in 1.10 (and a lot of them were) script compilation errors will occur. I'm afraid those mods will have to be updated by modders to work.

Is this a global rule? Meaning, any mod that simply has blob files etc, should work the same?

Is this a global rule? Meaning, any mod that simply has blob files etc, should work the same?

Work on the assumption that all script-based mods and most mods that change xml files will fail. Texture mods are more likely to be OK but may still have problems, especially if they include armour swaps (I'm going to have to run through all of mine this weekend and see if they need changes. And I think at least one will.).

Anything else, you'll need to check on a case-by-case basis.

Basically, if you encounter any issues and have mods installed, assume it to be the mod before looking elsewhere. And if you're asking about specific mods, it's probably fastest if you check in the related comments section over at The Nexus.

• RED Point
Reactions: kcs
Navigate to this directory: <Witcher 3 Install Path>\content\content0\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks

Then delete the folder named "hacks" (make a backup of it first somewhere). Now everything should compile fine.

EDIT: By the way, to any CDPR officials who see this (and anyone else who's curious) -> this particular issue is not (strictly) a mod problem. It's a problem with the game's default, uncooked script files directory (at <Witcher 3 Install Path>\content\content0\scripts). It only crops up when script mods are enabled because that's the only time the game attempts to compile from that directory (instead of using the pre-compiled objects that the game ships with).

Last edited:
Sooooo, I take it this only works for script mods that modify things in the bahaviour_tree? cause I deleted the folder and 90% of my mods still get compilation errors, even mods as simple as timeflow that changes the games default timescale.

some elaboration on this FIX would be great, cause I'm not sure if this fix is only for a small group of mods or if I'm just doing something wrong

and other bigger mods like the alchemy overhaul have tons of script errors with thsi hacks folder deleted.

here's the mod for reference

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...age=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=3173829&pUp=1

Last edited:
Sooooo, I take it this only works for script mods that modify things in the bahaviour_tree? cause I deleted the folder and 90% of my mods still get compilation errors, even mods as simple as timeflow that changes the games default timescale.

I'm a bit confused about the bolded above. Mods that changes timeflow? I have that in my install as well, but I did not use any mod to do it, just edited the r4game.ws in Witcher3/content/content0/scripts/game/ - (changed "SetHoursPerMinute" from .25 to .04 [4.5 up to ~19 seconds per] and saved the file).

As I see it, I'm simply editing the file directly, so that it becomes the default if I decide to make any further mod-changes to that file.

edit: AND it seems that method no longer works. Set the above to .04, saved the file, in game clock is ticking at the default 3-4 seconds per. Oddly, I notice some new notations in the file after this setting:

SetHoursPerMinute(0.04); //this is actually set somewhere in C++ but we need to reset it with each new game session as editor fails to do that
SetTimescaleSources();

Interesting... anyone have any idea how this should now work? I do like my extended (and almost realistic) timescale...

Last edited:
ya, my point was only that even a really simple mod like that wont compile with the above fix. still needs elaboration from the poster or someone who understands this stuff better.

does deleting the "Hacks" folder as mentioned above fix some mods? if so what type? does it onyl fix mods that change files in the behavior_tree ectect

from, what was written it sounded liek deleting this file woudl fix some packign error CDProjectRED had made that would enable most script mods to function again, but I guess I'm reading it wrong, which is why it needs elaboration.

please, anyone who knows about this type of stuff!

Work on the assumption that all script-based mods and most mods that change xml files will fail. Texture mods are more likely to be OK but may still have problems, especially if they include armour swaps (I'm going to have to run through all of mine this weekend and see if they need changes. And I think at least one will.).

Anything else, you'll need to check on a case-by-case basis.

Basically, if you encounter any issues and have mods installed, assume it to be the mod before looking elsewhere. And if you're asking about specific mods, it's probably fastest if you check in the related comments section over at The Nexus.

The Slim Griffin and Dark Wolven mods I'm using compiled without any problem and game is running ok with them. Just hope the lots of CTD I'm experiencing have nothing to do with them.

It is essential information - you will have to remove that hack folder just as stated, but you will ALSO have to wait for each mod author to update their mod to be compatible with v 1.10.

I'd just hold off a bit kcs, especially since it seems like a sure bet there will be additional updates very soon to fix things 1.10 broke, AND another update with the expansion on Tuesday.

I have this also with two mods made on my own:

"Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainsp eed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainsp eed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws( 4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws( 15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined."

I made an install from scratch and this script error is now gone for me.

I have the GOG version : 1.6 -> language pack -> 1.10 -> new free dlc (all in one) install pack

(I still need to put the "telemetryKeyword.ws" file)

I'm a bit confused about the bolded above. Mods that changes timeflow? I have that in my install as well, but I did not use any mod to do it, just edited the r4game.ws in Witcher3/content/content0/scripts/game/ - (changed "SetHoursPerMinute" from .25 to .04 [4.5 up to ~19 seconds per] and saved the file).

As I see it, I'm simply editing the file directly, so that it becomes the default if I decide to make any further mod-changes to that file.

edit: AND it seems that method no longer works. Set the above to .04, saved the file, in game clock is ticking at the default 3-4 seconds per. Oddly, I notice some new notations in the file after this setting:

SetHoursPerMinute(0.04); //this is actually set somewhere in C++ but we need to reset it with each new game session as editor fails to do that
SetTimescaleSources();

Interesting... anyone have any idea how this should now work? I do like my extended (and almost realistic) timescale...

SetHoursPerMinute is working for me. I set it to 0.125 (with mod option, without editing the original r4game file)

Last edited:
Navigate to this directory: <Witcher 3 Install Path>\content\content0\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks

Then delete the folder named "hacks" (make a backup of it first somewhere). Now everything should compile fine.

For me this did not fix the problem entirely, but it shifted the error to a later stage in the compilation process. I still had to disable a couple of mods which modify scripts, but then I could start the game, at least.

Interesting.

Do you have a link to the mod you're using?

I just take the r4game.ws file and put it in the "mods" directory. After that I changed the value of "SetHoursPerMinute" . Nothing more.

My file location is :

'\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\mods\modtemps\content\scripts\game\r4Game.ws'

there are still errors

Error [modbasescripts]engine\physicsworld.ws(9): Cannot find structure 'SCollisionInfo' to import
Error [content0]game\cameras\exploration\driftcamera.ws(131): Class 'CCameraRotationControllerDrift' already defined.

Top Bottom