Patch 1.10 - Undocumented Changes

+
when geralt takes damage, the screen borders turn red, and the guys carring the crates don't walk funny anymore, and i've read somewhere that yennefer disappeared...?

and frogs, there are red frogs

Last edited:
Did not see it in the changelog but in Alchemy, every item on the left shows a picture of the Substance, Alcohol, Bombs, Decoction, Oils, Potions, & Quest instead of looking at a piece of paper. Also, it will tell you if you have the ingredients to make the item. Example, On my Alchemy page it shows Oils (2), scroll down & sure enough I have 2 Oils in green text letting me know I can craft them.

That's a "Woah, Cool" moment! And each oil bottle is a different shape.

is Snow new? I dont recall it ever happening before...... just seeing the flakes I was like WTF snow? and then the time/weather thing says Snow which I am 99% sure I never saw before.....
Mod titled WEATHER makes snow and raindrops significantly thicker and fuller.

Awesome if you combine it with extreme weather.

---------- Updated at 05:38 AM ----------

Did not see it in the changelog but in Alchemy, every item on the left shows a picture of the Substance, Alcohol, Bombs, Decoction, Oils, Potions, & Quest instead of looking at a piece of paper. Also, it will tell you if you have the ingredients to make the item. Example, On my Alchemy page it shows Oils (2), scroll down & sure enough I have 2 Oils in green text letting me know I can craft them.

That's a "Woah, Cool" moment! And each oil bottle is a different shape.

Nice find.

These seem like the kinds of tweaks that sat on the backburner for awhile. But welcome all the same.

Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but its trivial anyway:

I walked past a guy carrying a crate in Novigrad, correctly, and he said "Someone finally took pity! thank you!" as he walked past.

Well played CDPR

:pride:
lol, that's pretty neat and snarky :p

In meditation screen they have removed Geralt image. Why?

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-10-11 12-35-24-46.jpg
    witcher3 2015-10-11 12-35-24-46.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 33
  • witcher3 2015-10-11 12-48-17-01.jpg
    witcher3 2015-10-11 12-48-17-01.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but its trivial anyway:

I walked past a guy carrying a crate in Novigrad, correctly, and he said "Someone finally took pity! thank you!" as he walked past.

Well played CDPR

:pride:
I love it when developers cleverly put these things in the game...since Fallout II, I haven't played a game rich with so many easter eggs, jokes, memes etc. Until now.

near the little lake between ursten and the cave on the right

I found the little buggers, but I fear the threat of human encroachment has dwindled their habitat and their population to near extinction. If I don't find them anywhere else on the map, I'll be forced to lobby the REDs for their relocation and a rigorous breeding program. We've already suffered one downgrade as it is. :(

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet as I didn't see it mentioned on the first page or if this is even a patch 1.10 thing and maybe I just completely missed it up until now since I'm playing New Game+ on DeathMarch and using them is nothing short of essential... but blade oils actually show up on the sword with their matching respective color. An amazing little detail that's remarkably useful in-battle too. <3

Had to attach them separately I guess, because I have less than 10 posts. :l

[Edit] I just re-read the first post and saw it was there. Sorry! Still a really awesome attention to detail though.

Attachments

• 2015-10-12_00007.jpg
    2015-10-12_00007.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2015-10-12_00006.jpg
    2015-10-12_00006.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2015-10-12_00005.jpg
    2015-10-12_00005.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Another un-documented change is what merchants will buy. Crossbow bolts are no longer sellable and general items like animal pelts have stopped being sellable to some merchants that you were able to originally.

I read an interesting thread in the Tech Support forum a day or two ago. Apparently this was removed because there was a money exploit where you could craft bolts and then sell them for ridiculously more than they cost to produce. Apparently you can still craft them then dismantle them and get way more materials than you needed to craft them in the first place. The OP on that thread was a little hard to understand, but it was an interesting read.

Top Bottom