Patch 1.10 - Undocumented Changes

+
In my subjective opinion, they changed the graphics rendering on PC a little bit. The fog seems to be reduced. It is still there but I think I can see things more clearly in the distance. Overall I think they are improving graphics step by step. The game looks much better now than in May. Did anyone notice that?

that's awesome, where have you seen them? I've been looking for them for a while

Ribbit

Attachments

• ribbit.jpg
    ribbit.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 35
In my subjective opinion, they changed the graphics rendering on PC a little bit. The fog seems to be reduced. It is still there but I think I can see things more clearly in the distance. Overall I think they are improving graphics step by step. The game looks much better now than in May. Did anyone notice that?

I din't notice the fog but I thought there was something done with grass or other ground vegetation .

Guest 3837211

1.) I think the groovy blur effect after exiting the shop panel is a bug. The same happens when you talk to persons. And the effect is way too long.

2.) One good change is, that you now can close the Gwent victory/losing screen with the mouse. The text in the right bottom is now a button. Yeah :)

I've noticed that selling ingredients at blacksmith/armorer doesn't gives much profit right now. Prices at which they buy now are much lower than before patch.

I May be wrong, but walking on Velen and Skellige it seems that are more monsters in the world than before, in special in places where you kill monsters before...

Must admit, I thought the graphics had improved (once I'd sorted out all the glitches) but wondered if it was because I'd had E3FX and then ULM installed for so long I'd forgotten what vanilla looked like. Does look less foggy and the storms look a lot more dramatic - lightning above the clouds etc.

---------- Updated at 09:04 PM ----------

I've noticed that selling ingredients at blacksmith/armorer doesn't gives much profit right now. Prices at which they buy now are much lower than before patch.

can't sell them stuff like bear hides any more either, at least almost every vendor I go, things like vials, hides, mugs etc can't be sold.

Glyphs crafting, which Master craftsman now?

"3. Crafting requirements for Greater Runestones and Glyphs increased to Master (e.g. the Novigrad blacksmith can't craft them anymore)"

I'm only lvl 8 and it took ages to unlock Novigrad blacksmith for Greater Glyph of Quen crafting, now i'm left without options unless you guys say this is a temporary bug/issue?
Also need two "Glyph of Quen", not 3 lesser Glyph like before, but can't find the diagrams anywhere?

yeah I've finally found them in and around the south west forest in the novigrad region, they seem to be glitched since a lot of them spawn on the same ponds and apparently nowhere else, but it is awesome, I hope they fix it and keep adding stuff like this, maybe some turtles and hedgehogs, etc. I love this kind of details. so far I've only seen rabbits or hares as smaller wildlife.

Maybe I hadn't noticed before but I also found a string of wild horses east of novigrad

Hey guys/gals. I know this is for undocumented changes to 1.10 but I just wanted to throw a question out to you here instead of starting an entirely new thread for it. I noticed that the new massive patch says, "1.01+ -> 1.10". I bought the CE and I remember that you had to download a patch to unlock the game to play it. Is that day one patch included with the new update in case I ever had to reinstall from DVD?

Also, what the heck is with the all encompassing patches. I'm on a crappy DSL, and each time they patch it takes me forever and a day to get them. This latest patch is going to take me 3 or 4 days to get, LOL. I wish they'd offer the latest fixes in one patch for download, and have another download with all of the patches together.

Sorry for the off topic post and thanks. :)

The only thing I see about yrden in the changelog is that the ability to freeze opponents has been removed.

So leaving aside the question of whether 100% should / ought to freeze opponents, it appears to be the case, as many players have noticed, that our slowdown % has been cut, somewhere around 50% cut.

I just want a yes or no answer: was that intentional? I'm asking because I am hoping that if the answer is no, this change will be undone. I would argue that yrden wasn't nearly OP enough to be nerfed, but certainly if a nerf was to happen, 50% cut in slowdown is crazy.

So has slowdown been cut by design, or it's incidental?
I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I remember reading in a previous patch notes for one of the 1.8 patches they were capping the amount yrden could slow to like 45%. Though apparently they did it wrong in the previous patch and it still wasn't capped. So now apparently they capped it correctly. I don't mind capped slowdown, I just wish they'd tie some other things to intensity or attack power, like aard damage for signs and sword bleed for combat tree.

Decoctions and Potions now tell you how much of a bonus they provide. For example, Water Hag Decoction now says it gives 50% damage increase.
These are the sort of details that shouldve been there from the start, but at least the devs are coming around to it. So well done.

Decoctions and Potions now tell you how much of a bonus they provide. For example, Water Hag Decoction now says it gives 50% damage increase.
These are the sort of details that shouldve been there from the start, but at least the devs are coming around to it. So well done.
I agree. Most of these fixes seem rather basic and really should've been there since Day One.

But, I'm not complaining. I salute CDPR for caring. Better late than never.

Top Bottom