Patch 1.11 lets the game stutters

+
I hadn't touched this game for months but this week I decided to reinstall Witcher 3 and update to ver. 1.11 and started over with fresh save. Everything was fine up until I spoke with Vesimir to set the trap for the Griffin. After finishing the conversation with Vesimir the Thunderbolt potion was added to my inventory, so I brewed it and added it to my consumable slot. I then backed out of the inventory to continue playing and the game was stuttering constantly, Geralt seemed to move fine but the background was like a slide show. I reloaded my save before Vesimir conversation and the game ran fine again, got Thunderbolt, brewed and placed in inventory then it was back to stuttering. I went back into my inventory and removed all my consumables and put them back and the stutter stopped.

Edit: So I decided to fiddle around with my consumables and try to narrow down whats causing stutter for me. Seems that if I don't have all 4 slots occupied then the stutter occurs, it didn't seem to matter what consumables were equipped as long as all 4 slots were filled.

Last edited:
I hadn't touched this game for months but this week I decided to reinstall Witcher 3 and update to ver. 1.11 and started over with fresh save. Everything was fine up until I spoke with Vesimir to set the trap for the Griffin. After finishing the conversation with Vesimir the Thunderbolt potion was added to my inventory, so I brewed it and added it to my consumable slot. I then backed out of the inventory to continue playing and the game was stuttering constantly, Geralt seemed to move fine but the background was like a slide show. I reloaded my save before Vesimir conversation and the game ran fine again, got Thunderbolt, brewed and placed in inventory then it was back to stuttering. I went back into my inventory and removed all my consumables and put them back and the stutter stopped.

Been a lurker since W3 came out on launch. Created account today to save people some grief. I noticed the jutter for he 1st time today, i had removed 2 potions from the newly added extra slots. So i can confirm the above poster's findings. Potions, food, decoctions; any will prevent stutter. Leave 1 slot empty, and stutter is back.
I thought i was gonna be the hero, but i was beat to it by minutes. Lol.
I had tried reloading, rebooting, re-doing database; nothing worked. Then i thought about undoing setting changes i had done. After 2 hrs, it hit me. The only other change had been removing those potions so i could more easily use them from the inventory. But I thought to my self "how in the hell would that make the game stutter, it makes no sense". But i did it any ways. I freaking screamed in joy "OMFG"!! I'm so happy i can now play again. Cause before with stutter, it was unplayable.
So the moral of this story is: When trying to trouble shoot bugs in games, nothing is too stupid to try! LOL. I'm glad i did.

Best regards, l3l312

vladgiurgiubv

thanks for the fixes....you are right: not having all consumable slots occupied makes the game stutter, but this fix doesn't fix the camera bobbing back and forth while running/sprinting

I've had this problem since 1.10, changing consumable configuration does nothing, but thanks for the suggestion.

I agree. Even with all consumable slots filled, camera stutter is still present. Tested it as soon as I read about the fixes.

Fully equiping the quickslots removed the stuttering, however camera bobbing is still present not to mention distracting. I posted a video to CDPR, but they do not acknowledge the problem to be on their side. In other words, there's nothing wrong with the game. Perhaps a mod can fix this someday...

Edit: So I decided to fiddle around with my consumables and try to narrow down whats causing stutter for me. Seems that if I don't have all 4 slots occupied then the stutter occurs, it didn't seem to matter what consumables were equipped as long as all 4 slots were filled.

Thank you so much for this! I just tried removing a rabbit leg from my inventory and the stutter appeared. I then put it back and it was gone. :D

I can finally play the game now. Yay.

My game doesn't stutter for me in both 1.10 and 1.11 then I tested if I could reproduce the stutter you are all experiencing. As soon as I removed one of my consumables the game instantly became a slideshow! like wat de actual fok cdpr???

Thanks for the "fix", guys!

Btw... what a weird fix it is. The game stutters when one of the potion slots is empty? That's just stupid.

Last edited:

vladgiurgiubv

Camera bobbing will never be fixed by CDPR if they don't aknowledge it as a problem with their software: I guess we bought the wrong PS4, maybe we should have chosen the one that was at the bottom of the pile in the store (there is where the good hardware always is, right CDPR?)

I want to re-buy The Witcher 3 ( i sold it for the frame rate ) now .... but i heard of this new problem !!!
Everyone have stutters with 1.11 ?
I watched some recent ps4 gameplays and it seems smooth...

Last edited:
:sadtriss:I'm having this problem as well. I have stop playing for now, hoping that they will fix it asap.
Still have not install HOS because of this issue. I'm on PS4 by the way.

...mmmm...
Hey you guys, any news when they are goin' to fix the stuttering thingy?...
:hope:

Marcin did?...
Okie, thanks for the heads up. I'm dying to play HOS. Already bought the limited edition one. Haven't install it yet due to the stuttering thingy.
:welcome:

Top Bottom