Patch 1.12 Gwent cards victory display too bright

+
Patch 1.12 Gwent cards victory display too bright

Yes, I did a verify/repair before loading the game. Old bugs like Person in distress was fixed, very happy for that.
But this bright display annoyed me.

I have an AMD Radeon R9 280X, i5 4460 and 8GB RAM and Windows 10 Pro.

Please check the files in attachment.

Attachments

• 2016-01-11 22.51.16.jpg
    2016-01-11 22.51.16.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 2016-01-11 22.52.58.jpg
    2016-01-11 22.52.58.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Same here. I'm sorry to say this, CDPR, I love your game but you need to improve your testing team ASAP. Do you even have someone to play the game before releasing a patch? I discovered this glitch after 10 minutes of playing with the 1.12 and it happens 100% of the time. I just can't believe no one in CDPR played Gwent with the 1.12 patch.

I'm tired of discovering new glitches and bugs every time they release a new patch. I'm going to stop playing and I'll wait for the enhanced edition.

Same here. I'm sorry to say this, CDPR, I love your game but you need to improve your testing team ASAP. Do you even have someone to play the game before releasing a patch? I discovered this glitch after 10 minutes of playing with the 1.12 and it happens 100% of the time. I just can't believe no one in CDPR played Gwent with the 1.12 patch.

I'm tired of discovering new glitches and bugs every time they release a new patch. I'm going to stop playing and I'll wait for the enhanced edition.

I agree 100%. How I wrote one hour before in an other thread about the new patch of CDPR...

Currently I read the news about that patch here http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-wi...2,3242112.html and here in Englisch https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...itches_thread/

OMG. Whar have you done, CDPR? I think I will wait for patching my game... I hope only they will fix all the problems before the release of BaW. @CDPR Think about stoping the patches and think instead about an EE version. The experiences of the past show us that it works much better!!!

It seems there doesn't exist a testing team by CDPR anymore!!!

Last edited:
I have the same problem.
While playing gwent, everything looks normal.
But on the final results screen this bright layer of fog appears.

i7-4790K@4.00 GHz, 16 Gb RAM, GF GTX 980, Win 7

I have the same problem.

Not everything is normal. When you hold space, you won't see the bar filling up like it previously did.

Anyway, looks like it's game related

Guest 3837211

I have the same issue with an ATI Radeon R9 270x.

When your testing team sucks, the best option is to release Beta patches. CDPR should do that.

A nice way, should be to make smaller and more frequent patches on PC...but this probably would make console kiddies angry, and perhaps cdpr has some sort of agreement with sony and ms to make simultaneously patches.
It's absurd that patches on console and pc are available on same day, considering that on PC they need much less "permissions" to upload a patch.

Could you try something please?

There's a new option in Options/Video/Graphics called "Preserve System Gamma". Could you try toggling that setting, see if that makes a difference?

There's a new option in Options/Video/Graphics called "Preserve System Gamma". Could you try toggling that setting, see if that makes a difference?
I tested this. Regardless of whether the gamma preservation is on or off, the Victory and Defeat screens for Gwent remain unusually grey and washed-out, as in the screenshot provided by the OP.

To add to this the pass rotation animation sometimes stays on screen partially animated around. ( usually 1/4 the way round ) ( I'm using an Xbox controller, so it steh animation around the (Y) button icon. )

Guest 3837211

I just noticed that there is the same problem with the gamma adjustment screen (Settings -> Graphics -> Gamma).
The screen is very bright and the picture in the middle (witcher logo) is not even visible. The screen says you should adjust gamma until you cannot see the picture anymore. I'm unable to do that, as the picture is never visible.

I assume there are more screens affect within the game, would be nice if could get a hotfix for this.

Can confirm this aswell. High brightness / washed out color on the victory screen and no circular pointer when skipping turns.

Just confirmed this myself. Preserve Gamma set to on and Gwent victory screen is completely blown out. Didn't test without the Gamma setting though.

EDIT: I suppose I have to admit it was a Defeat screen (not Victory). Don't tell anyone.

I tested this. Regardless of whether the gamma preservation is on or off, the Victory and Defeat screens for Gwent remain unusually grey and washed-out, as in the screenshot provided by the OP.

Exactly the same here, since patch 1.12.

I have the same problem.

Ditto; altho i shrugged it off assuming it was just a change in UI
i7-3770@3.40 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, GTX 660Ti, Win 7

Top Bottom