Patch 1.2 available!

+
Leblanc said:
Well, even if I also want REALLY BAD a WALK feature and I am quite disapointed of it's absence, I actually voted.Ok, did my part, now devs, pls gief walk mode in OTS! :D
i want to walk too in the ots cam.i hope they do this quickly.

No thanks for the patch. I just installed it and now Witcher crashes when I start the game. Since I knew you would ask, my Dxdiag file is attached.Not a Christmas present for me.Please advise as to what I need to do now.Thanks.- Tony :'(

asif105878 said:
Is there an alternate patch the just upgrades from version 1.1a to 1.2 ?
Nope, patch 1.2 works from either the retail version or from 1.1a. At least I went 1.1a -> 1.2, and haven't had problems.

[quote author=mmike link=topic=7466.msg203087#msg203087 date=1198163279]I cannot install it: when I run TheWitcherPatch.1.2.0.1160(314).exe this message box comes back and the .exe will shut itself down few seconds later:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@WindowsXP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16574
I have rather a common system, no fancy things to generate problems: AMD Athlon 64, Windows XP SP2 with all updates, .NET framework 2 and 3 with all updates, etc. And the game is patched with the 1.1a patch so far.Since the error message shows the line 135 in setup.cpp generating the error I hope someone will handle this properly and rapidly.Thanks.[/QUOTE]I had that error mess. as well - turned out I did not get the entire download. Second time it was all there and insatlled perfectly.

Thanx Guys! Really a good job!Patch makes loading and saving times very faster and... the game is really FANTASTIC!(Voted to Gamestop! ;) )Hasta!

Greetings! :)What I have to report, is that while performance and loading times have been GREATLY improved, my only complain, allthough partly I myself am to blame, for not waiting the game to clear it's memory,is that I still have the memory dump crashes, usually after a two and a half to three hours of play. :( But other than that,the patch did its job nicely! :) Thank you, Menicus.

hi, loading times are really better but i still have crashes after 30min - 1h playing under vista. it`s really anyoing in act 4 & 5. :mad:

wow love it, load times are unreal compared to before, but this is the way it hsould have been from the start)anyways kudos, will make the game from act 4 on so much more enjoyable. excleent game and storyline.

Although loading and saving are much faster indeed, I have to report that on my computer the game crashes much more frequently than before installing 1.2 patch, especially in act IV, from once every 2-3 hours of gaming to once every 20-30 minutes. Is there any explanation for that? Do you plan a 1.2a or 1.3 patch to fix the problem or I am the only one experiencing it?TxsAlberto

After that I've installed the 1.2 patch, when I play, the game randomly crash and exit to windows with an error message :eek:And I had this since I've bought tha game.Somebody can help me? I've also installed all the patch e newest driver for my PC.Thanks a lot!p.s.(Sorry for my bad english :-\)

Hi everybody,I am really fed up with the way CD Project team works on the technical problems and more and more I start to be really fed up with the whole game!Since I bought The Witcher, I suffer from the well known vista memory crashing problem for which nobody knows the real answer. In my particular case, the first patch partially solved the problem - surprisingly after the installation of "the magic patch 1.2" (I have no idea what you people are so thankful for?) the game crashes even more ofter than at the very beginning (before patch 1.1 installation) - Therefore, For me the famous patch 1.2 did not solve the main problem, furthermore, it made the issue even worse (and as far as I know I am not the only one!).I can see people trying to help by publishing different solution on the forum. Ok, for some it works for some it doesn't but it is not the main problem. The thing is, I am sorry to say, this is not what I paid for - This is CD Project responsability to solve the issue and solve it globally ASAP... apparently they are not prepared for it.Many people saying how fantastic the game is... well, yes the game is great, the idea is perfect but from technical point of view, honestly, I prefer playing minesweeper rather than swearing every time the Witcher is crashing in the most unexpected moment... I think some of you know what I mean... The Witcher technical performance is far less than expected and the fact is that the CD Project team is not able to solve the issue (2 patches released = no solution)... The Witcher was supposed to be an international success - as far as I know it is but be careful - there are more and more people like me who are completely unsatisfied by the technical performance of this game.I don't want to know when CD PROJECT releases the next patch - I want to get the clear answer for the following question: WHEN THE VISTA CRASHING ISSUE WILL BE SOLVED? :mad:UTAH.

Utah said:
Hi everybody,I am really fed up with the way CD Project team works on the technical problems and more and more I start to be really fed up with the whole game!Since I bought The Witcher, I suffer from the well known vista memory crashing problem for which nobody knows the real answer. In my particular case, the first patch partially solved the problem - surprisingly after the installation of "the magic patch 1.2" (I have no idea what you people are so thankful for?) the game crashes even more ofter than at the very beginning (before patch 1.1 installation) - Therefore, For me the famous patch 1.2 did not solve the main problem, furthermore, it made the issue even worse (and as far as I know I am not the only one!).I can see people trying to help by publishing different solution on the forum. Ok, for some it works for some it doesn't but it is not the main problem. The thing is, I am sorry to say, this is not what I paid for - This is CD Project responsability to solve the issue and solve it globally ASAP... apparently they are not prepared for it.Many people saying how fantastic the game is... well, yes the game is great, the idea is perfect but from technical point of view, honestly, I prefer playing minesweeper rather than swearing every time the Witcher is crashing in the most unexpected moment... I think some of you know what I mean... The Witcher technical performance is far less than expected and the fact is that the CD Project team is not able to solve the issue (2 patches released = no solution)... The Witcher was supposed to be an international success - as far as I know it is but be careful - there are more and more people like me who are completely unsatisfied by the technical performance of this game.I don't want to know when CD PROJECT releases the next patch - I want to get the clear answer for the following question: WHEN THE VISTA CRASHING ISSUE WILL BE SOLVED? :mad:UTAH.
Same problem here. After installing patch 1.2 the game crashes more.I like "The Witcher" very much. It´s an awesome game, but the crashes are terrible.Merry Christmas!DragonBaron

Utah said:
Hi everybody,I am really fed up with the way CD Project team works on the technical problems and more and more I start to be really fed up with the whole game!
Merry Christmas!Just a suggestion, but instead of flaming CD Projekt (with a "k") in your first post, perhaps listing your system specs, and/or attaching your dxdiag.txt file along with specifics about your system crashes and any error messages displayed would garner more support if someone wished to assist you.From the information that you have provided, it is impossible to tell if the cause of the symptoms you describe is TW, Vista, or any of a hundred variables. It could even be several things working together to cause your system to crash. ;)

from what I understand, most people who use Vista have problems with games in general. the easiest solution would be to just wait with using Vista until the OS is stable in itself. which it doesn't seem to be.

Top Bottom