Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all saw it coming :) But it would be great to get some info what we can expect with the patch if that is another month of waiting. Like a pre-realese patch notes so people would be more realistic about what will be included. At least some general ones. I mean people expect full Police/Ai overhaul with this one and looking at all the problems and issues with this game i don't think that it is even considered as important.

I do appreciate the updates. It takes a community to flesh out all the bugs that could come up.
I find it sad people are being so cynical against the game. I love the game and the times I had to reset or load back to a previous save are a lot. ALOT less than previous/other games.
The newest build is working fine. I haven't broken the game un-reversible yet.

Keep up the good work CD project red.
Post automatically merged:

I do appreciate the updates. It takes a community to flesh out all the bugs that could come up.
I find it sad people are being so cynical against the game. I love the game and the times I had to reset or load back to a previous save are a lot. ALOT less than previous/other games.
The newest build is working fine. I haven't broken the game un-reversible yet.

Keep up the good work CD project red.

First, some really great communication guys much appreciated.
Another great Classic is in the making here so in the grand scheme of things another month or 2 here n there is fine.
Keep up the good work folks, you'll get there !

Quality Vs Timeliness ? Pretty clear to me

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

All good, guys. We know you do your best.

Keep it going!
Seening people actually being supportive here gave me a relief after all that burning trash in twitter. It hurts how hateful people can be.

Dude don't let them hurt you, blummin' 'eck no, life is too short for that! Such venom and faux-hate towards videogames is nothing short of hilarious, thank them for the grins rather than let them get to you :D

What we aren't going to do around here is, blame the victims. Nope. Lacks respect - and appreciation for what those who've had to deal with this have endured. If you don't like how CDPR treated you, don't then do the same yourself.

Companies are hacked constantly, steadily. This isn't even CDPR's first time. Simple truth is - if your property has value, it is a target for thieves.
The people that bought their product and are disappointed get blamed all the time. But I guess it becomes a moral question when a company is attacked.

Ok, I can tell you right now this is blatantly untrue. Most companies are attacked constantly, very few companies are actually hacked, even fewer several times.

I, myself, work for a very large financial company. We are attacked daily. We have never lost any data. Ever.

We have several silos within the company and several levels of different databases within these silos. Every silo only has a few key people with full access, the rest has limited access to the part they need. No single person has access to more than one silo, not even the IT guys. We do daily backups to an external partner of our entire database in the eventuality that some part of it would be lost to attacks. The worst that has happened to us is local computers being infected/locked (we do not save data locally). These computers are immediately replaced and backed up from the previous day. Usually we lose less than a few hours of data.

We work with SLA:s to gigantic clients. We do not measure downtime in weeks, we measure it in minutes per year.

Do NOT insinuate being hacked is normal. It is not.

Well, I have worked in IT and networking for 25 years. Being attacked is normal. Being attacked successfully is common. It happens to schools, hospitals, and companies on a daily basis. There are so many potential exploits these days, all it takes is being at the wrong patch level on one piece of software, running one out-of-date driver, or having one firewall rule that isn't quite as tight as it should be.

CDPR probably doesn't have the staff and resources as your "very large financial company." And the rules and regulations for data storage on financial data are far tighter than the non-existent ones for a game software company.

Bravo that your company has not been successfully attacked. Don't take that one anecdotal piece of data and generalize it to the conclusion that CDPR's situation is some crazy one-off that occurred only because they have a porous network or bad IT staff. If that's your opinion, you know nothing about networked systems and security and should stick to finance.

Well, I have worked in IT and networking for 25 years. Being attacked is normal. Being attacked successfully is common. It happens to schools, hospitals, and companies on a daily basis. There are so many potential exploits these days, all it takes is being at the wrong patch level on one piece of software, running one out-of-date driver, or having one firewall rule that isn't quite as tight as it should be.

CDPR probably doesn't have the staff and resources as your "very large financial company." And the rules and regulations for data storage on financial data are far tighter than the non-existent ones for a game software company.

Bravo that your company has not been successfully attacked. Don't take that one anecdotal piece of data and generalize it to the conclusion that CDPR's situation is some crazy one-off that occurred only because they have a porous network or bad IT staff. If that's your opinion, you know nothing about networked systems and security and should stick to finance.
Its like he's never heard about the recent Nintendo leaks. They've been hacked too. Or how about how the prototype for Half Life 2 got stolen from Valve servers mid development and they had to start over from scratch. The game we got is completely different as a result. It happens more than anyone would like to admit, but its rarely this malicious. These particular hackers are scum. They arent just hurting CDProjektRed (there's no reason to take it out on the devs when the decision to rush out the release came from higher up), they're hurting us consumers by rubbing salt in the wound and making it harder for the devs to deliver the game they promised.

Wait. So when the cyberattack happened. You guys lost a whole month of work. Or couldn't do any work for these two weeks. Or are you just combining patches together. That where for Feb and the following one. Delaying it a whole month seems weird. I expected it. But a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom