Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all good, I really appreciate the effort that has gone into the game and continues to go into the game. I'm looking forward to more content and I can say I'm looking forward to whatever extra content you put out at whatever speed you release it. As you said as a company earlier, better to get it late and right rather than early and buggy.
..but saying that I know I'd love some hints at what is planned :D more LMG's? :D more customization options, more side quests (pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassseee!)

If you do some research on the general problem with games being rushed out, you would probably see a common thread in what´s happening. Some games are released badly, others are forced, some are released in panic.

They already released one video describing some of what happened and what mistakes they made, and if you have not seen that one i recommend it. That will shine some light on the question for you feel.
Do you really believe EA releases regular bad products because of panic, not because of greed, profit?
Doing the least ammount of work while charging the same ammount for their games.
Development cost money. Making really good polished games costs more money.
Probably Its the same case with CDPR.
So you release a broken, unplayable, unfinished product on consoles because of panic but you dont panic or fear about the outage that will follow knowing will release such bad product. They knew this beforehand. Tried to hide it.

Last edited:
It's all good, I really appreciate the effort that has gone into the game and continues to go into the game. I'm looking forward to more content and I can say I'm looking forward to whatever extra content you put out at whatever speed you release it. As you said as a company earlier, better to get it late and right rather than early and buggy.
..but saying that I know I'd love some hints at what is planned :D more LMG's? :D more customization options, more side quests (pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassseee!)

Looking at W3, my guess is we can look forward to options to cosmetically mod V, more homes, weapons, clothes, gear in general, difficulty settings with the AI, more advanced hacking and beyond.

W3 did not release like a perfectly raised butterbun with sugar ontop, but it grew into it.
We just need to give them some breathing space and understanding for all the flak that has been thrown their way. Just imagine the pressure all these years, and the second one thing is seen, it´s jumped on like a packfight.
Post automatically merged:

Do you really believe EA releases regular bad produs cuz of panic, not because of greed, profit?
Doing the least ammount of work while charging the same ammount for their games.
Development cost money. Making really good polished games costs more money.
Probably Its the same case with CDPR.

Look up the company and their works prior to CP2077, see if you can find any greed there and if you feel it supports such a theory. If you feel you find that, then you would have a concrete issue to point at.

Up til then, only you can decide if you want to consider them as such.

Last edited:
There was no "rush" that I'm aware of. I believe you've missed the point of my post. Of course, a studio would not want to release something before it's ready. (As Iwinski himself said in the response video -- it was believed the work being done on the Day 0 patch would rectify the major issues with the game, and it would be ready for the launch date.) Technically, work can go on forever. Deadlines are a thing. Hitting deadlines is a goal. Don't want to delay too many times. Have to make a call, eventually.

My point is that many of the same players that are upset about how long something takes are also the same players that get upset when something is released too soon. I could use that as a textbook definition of irony.

The point, in plain terms, is that patience will be needed even if inconvenient. Rushing = mistakes. Time = solutions.
They knew the game was not ready. They tried to hide it, the game on consoles.
They tried to hide consoles performance and visuals. Thats deliberate. Proves premeditation.
They did not issue any review codes for console for review and disallowing reviewers from using any of their own gameplay footage.
Cyberpunk 2077 Review (Spoiler Free, PC) - YouTube
(2) Cyberpunk 2077 On PS4/Xbox One Is Pretty Much Unplayable For Many Right Now - YouTube

CD Project Red themselves admitted they tried to hide the gameplay on base consoles from gamers: "First of all," reads the statement, "we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase.”
Looking at W3, my guess is we can look forward to options to cosmetically mod V, more homes, weapons, clothes, gear in general, difficulty settings with the AI, more advanced hacking and beyond.

W3 did not release like a perfectly raised butterbun with sugar ontop, but it grew into it.
We just need to give them some breathing space and understanding for all the flak that has been thrown their way. Just imagine the pressure all these years, and the second one thing is seen, it´s jumped on like a packfight.
Post automatically merged:

Look up the company and their works prior to CP2077, see if you can find any greed there and if you feel it supports such a theory. If you feel you find that, then you would have a concrete issue to point at.

Up til then, only you can decide if you want to consider them as such.
They tried to hide consoles performance and visuals. Thats deliberate. Proves premeditation.
They did not issue any review codes for console for review and disallowing reviewers from using any of their own gameplay footage.
(2) Cyberpunk 2077 On PS4/Xbox One Is Pretty Much Unplayable For Many Right Now - YouTube

CD Project Red themselves admitted they tried to hide the gameplay on base consoles from gamers: "First of all," reads the statement, "we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase.”

Do you really believe EA releases regular bad produs because of panic, not because of greed, profit?

They knew the game was not ready. They tried to hide it, the game on consoles.

Yes. Now.. they have apologized for that, taken responsibility for it, addressed it publicly, gone openly with it..so what more would you want them to say?
This is the issue. The company have admitted it´s mistake, but people still throw insults and ask the same questions over and over again.

What would you like them to say more than this then, that they have not said?

Yes. Now.. they have apologized for that, taken responsibility for it, addressed it publicly, gone openly with it..so what more would you want them to say?
This is the issue. The company have admitted it´s mistake, but people still throw insults and ask the same questions over and over again.

so did i found any greed there and if you feel trying to hide consoles performance, visuals supports such a theory?
so is the greed theory correct?

Do you really believe EA releases regular bad produs because of panic, not because of greed, profit?

so did i found any greed there and if you feel trying to hide consoles performance, visuals supports such a theory?

I don´t really understand what you mean. If you ask me about EA that has nothing to do with this, yes i find them extremely greedy, and no i do not find them a good company.

Now... can you answer my question. What would you want them to say, they already have not?

I don´t really understand what you mean. If you ask me about EA that has nothing to do with this, yes i find them extremely greedy, and no i do not find them a good company.

Now... can you answer my question. What would you want them to say, they already have not?
Why dodge my question?
answer

The solution is:

1 - Forget the game on the first ps4 and xbox. (in any case we will come to the next generation).
2 - Focus on "bug" fixes and optimisation on ps4 pro and Xbox one x.
4 - Quickly add a minimum of content PC at the first time and after on console.
5 - Focus on optimisation next gen Ps5 and Xbox x series.

This is in my opinion what it is necessary to do so that everyone is happy !

Everyone? Even console players like myself who bought a game that was developed for and released and their console? No, this is clearly not about making "everyone" happy.

Why dodge my question?
answer

Calm down bud.
No, i do not see this as greed, but a bad decision based on a hope that a day 1 patch would fix. Greed would have been to sell the game on one platform exclusively, added loot boxes or pay to win mechanics etc. What they did was a bad judgement call, that backfired.

So, now that i have responded to your question, twice, can you answer mine?

2.) Many clamor and tap their feet impatiently because the game needs to be released already.

Didn't CDPR management themselves declare that they felt under no undue pressure to release the game and that they had taken responsibility for that, or are we now off-loading that one on to the customer? I'm happy to wait, but this is not good, nor is the pity party that some seem to be throwing for a company that has just done the dirty on its customers.

Calm down bud.
No, i do not see this as greed, but a bad decision based on a hope that a day 1 patch would fix. Greed would have been to sell the game on one platform exclusively, added loot boxes or pay to win mechanics etc. What they did was a bad judgement call, that backfired.

So, now that i have responded to your question, twice, can you answer mine?
Even If they did not try to hide the consoles performance and visuals its still greed.
Greed is because they did not want to lose the old gen consoles money.
They could have not released on old gen but just next gen.
They knew how bad the game was on old gen consoles.

Deliberately trying to hide consoles performance proves at best evil intent. Not the care for gamers they were bragging about .

Even If they did not try to hide the consoles performance and visuals its still greed.
Greed is because they did not want to lose the consoles money.
They could have delayed at least the consoles.
They knew how bad the game was on consoles.

I don´t see how that answers my question.
What would you want the company to say..that they have not already say?

If you don´t have anything, then this conversation is over. Your personal grudges does not interest me at all bud, so do you have anything constrictive you want them to address, or not?

Imagine you're on a space ship. You told people you're at your destination at a certain time measuring your ship's speed and factoring in the usual complications because a space ship is a complicated machine that's hard to fly.

And then someone sabotages your ship on purpose.
It's really completely irrelevant what your crew and yourself and your ship did in the past.
It's still sabotage.

I don´t see how that answers my question.
What would you want the company to say..that they have not already say?

If you don´t have anything, then this conversation is over. Your personal grudges does not interest me at all bud, so do you have anything constrictive you want them to address, or not?
your the one avoiding my argument.

to answer your question:

they should have not released on on old gen consoles if the hardware cannot run the game.
lose the money and still be respected as a company that really cares for gamers.

your the one avoiding my argument.

to answer your question:

they should have not released on on old gen consoles if the hardware cannot run the game.
lose the money and still be respected as a company that really cares for gamers.

Ok friend, it was nice talking to you. I responded twice, just scroll up a bit and you find it there. Don´t see why you claim i did not.

We are done with this, because this is not constructive in any way shape or form, so tnx for your POV and happy gaming this weekend. Stay safe and have a good one.

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

I LOVE this game and I LOVE you guys, BREATH TAKING! :D
p.s PC MASTER RACE! >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom