Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would happily have waited 2 more years.

Assuming that's true, you're the exception, not the rule unfortunately :shrug:

Regardless, I doubt CDPR could've kept on developing for two more years, or even one, without a major cash influx. GOG is a constant revenue stream but I highly doubt it's anywhere near enough to support the kind of cost associated with CP2077's development.

Last edited:
By all means take the necessary extra time, So long as the patch releases reasonably soon and most of the technical problems people are still having get fixed by this patch people like me will forgive the sorry state the game was in at launch and a few months afterwards.

/
Assuming that's true, you're the exception, not the rule unfortunately :shrug:

Regardless, I doubt CDPR could've kept on developing for two more years, or even one, without major a cash influx. GOG is a constant revenue stream but I highly doubt it's anywhere near enough to support the kind of cost associated with CP2077's development.
I would have waited longer, as well. I don't want to put a time boundary on it.

You are probably right that CDPR would not have wanted to wait that long.

CDPR is like a star employee with a legendary track record, who recently however started taking a lot of days off from work. Early announcement, premature release and under-deliverance. It sure was a test of players' faith. Can't be helped if there really was a cyberattack. Wish you guys the best of luck.

I don't follow the development of the patches for Cyberpunk 2077 anymore so I eventually decided to check it out but this is another blow and for someone who has bought the collectors edition and has the game getting devalued each day passes as it's now so much cheaper than at release I feel a fool and disappointed. I hold on to my copy until it's eventually fixed to play it, but won't buy the DLC for sure as I lost trust and money in a game I can't play without a barrage of bugs and crashes on my PS5 (literally every other game runs fine).
Yes it sucks CDPR was understaffed, over promised, under delivered, released too early, [...] and now clearly doesn't have it's security in order. I tried but I can't feel any compassion for this company anymore. There has been too much incompetence and betrayal to give them a pass.
If anything the statue that I look at every day and the game disk will remind me daily to never ever pre-order a game, to not trust or fall in love with a company. It's a bloody expensive lesson for a low income disabled person and that is my stupid mistake. I tell my self this costly failure will save me money and disappoints in the future so if I have to thank CDPR for anything it's that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was greed. It's that simple. Because the reason why they where in this mess. Was because of incompetant handling of the game. By making x amount of features. [...] Than scrapping loads of them, late into the game. Constantly giving release dates. That couldn't be locked. If they didn't say junk about all the way back in April. Fans would have not got annoyed. It is not our fault in them mishandling resources and [...].

Also, I don't give a crap about FO76 at this point. It took them YEARS to basically make a story campaign that everyone asked why that was missing, when the game was first announced.

If they never announced a date AT ALL. On top of the pandemic which was starting when they said the date. No one would have really complained. It was their failure with telling us multiple times, this is THE date. That pissed everyone off.
Heavy moderation here, but i can read between the lines.
I agree, they should never have anounced a fixed date. They said "When Ready" and i was happy with that, let them do it propper i tought. A year or two to wait for a full-fledged Cyberpunk RPG, would have been worth the wait.

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Considering the punch in the mouth you guys took from those hacker gonks, you just keep soldierin' on. Never stop fighting.

Oh, and let us know how many fingers you chopped off of those hackers when you find them.

Make that patch shine (hopefully you had the patch work backed up somewhere.)

Dear CDPR,

I know you are not general software development company so you might just not know how to version your stuff in meaningful, package-manager friendly manner (and you don't have to), but I hope at least you know that 2 is smaller number than 12 so you cannot call next patch 1.2 if you want to avoid overall confusion.

Make it 1.20 if you will.
Or 2.0 since your versioning scheme is meaningless anyway :p

Thank you for your dedicated work on making what I already consider to be one of the best games I have enjoyed. Thank you for being honest about the updates and sharing even when others try to use your honesty against you. I look forward to the fixes, not because I have any serious issues, but because once they are done, we can get to the extra content. I am looking forward to the vision of Cyberpunk 2077 being expounded upon, and seeing more of the Cyberpunk 2077 world. I currently have over 425 hours playing, and plan on many more hours of enjoying this massive and brilliant game.

This patch will only better the game even more,
Thanks Devs. your work is truly appreciated...
Take all the time you need looking forward to any improvement :)

The most game breaking bug or oversight?

I want to start by saying that I was sold on teaser trailer 8 years ago and I sincerely enjoy the game.

But…

2 Major problems… Which IMHO should of been hotfix worthy, since it really forces people to infest their PCs with malware/viruses to fix pretty obvious bug and/or oversight. (aka save editors etc…)

1. Quest items flooding your inventory with no way of stashing or deleting them.
2. Attribute reset.

Both super easy to fix, yet ignored.

Suggestions:

Pop up, if you are about to dismantle Quest/Iconic item or something like that.

Attribute reset item, similar to perk rest, costing twice as much or more. ( No reason to punish a new player so hard for miss-placing an attribute due to the lack of initial knowledge)

I understand that the game was probably meant to be way more than it is right now, just by looking how deep the skill tree, perks etc are. And having a forced new character creation
for a different set of attributes/playstyle was probably a “corporate” decision. BUT as of now its a non competitive, Single player. People who want to spend more time and level multiple characters to 50 will do it regardless, without forcing them to it. And the ones who feel connected to their character and trying to play fair and square without any mods, editors, etc… are kind a screwed.

i finished the game in a state it was released and think majority of people did the same and just moved further to other games, i appreciate that you try to improve this game and i will definitely return to it someday after some DLCs added (i suppose there will be DLCs). But i think at this point there's no need to hurry anymore, hype passed away.

I wish you'd just fix the thrice damned game blocking second conflict mission bug already instead of doing whatever you're doing. Who the hell cares about useless qol improvements if you're stuck af for 3 months, damn it
Post automatically merged:

nah, who I'm kidding, don't listen to me, keep doing whatever

So just because you happen to own a computer, you should be given priority?
Imagine if someone decided, let´s drop the computer version and focus on console.

Would you be alright with that then?

No, because one scenario is sustainable to produce an exceptional game while the other isn't.

Consoles completely handicap the technical capabilities of the game's design. PC does not. PC's can be upgraded within months or a year, piecemeal. A console has to wait years to do so, in a single batch.

And the fact that instead of working on adding back cut game features, they will be wasting time on the impossible task of trying to make this game look decent on PS4/Xbox, likely delaying the development of DLC's and actual content additions to the game by months if not almost a year, is particularly what sucks with the greedy move to try to fit this game into old gen console markets.

Cyberpunk update delayed because they suffered a cyber attack. From a "cyber punk". Delicious. I wonder what implants the hacker had :oops:
No seriously it's OK, we will wait, and what happened is truly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom