Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
do we know the date of the next patch and by next i mean the patch from FEB(assuming we are getting one that is cause right now i dont trust a damn thing they say)?

and when exactly are we getting the game they promoted? not the game(if such a shallow thing can be called a game)they sold us?

do we know the date of the next patch and by next i mean the patch from FEB(assuming we are getting one that is cause right now i dont trust a damn thing they say)?

and when exactly are we getting the game they promoted? not the game(if such a shallow thing can be called a game)they sold us?

In a latest interview, CD Projekt CEO said that they will publish it in a second half of march (and he cant say if after that game will return to PS store as its sony decision).

And from me - no, you will never get a game you think they promoted. I would suggest accepting reality that product is not what a lot of people thought it would be. It will save you a lot of nerves. Enjoy what you have or move on to something else if youre not happy.

Last edited:
After my playthrough, i have now completely lost interest. Shame really. But too many things dont work and no matter what life path you take - its the same game, minus a few "choices". I doubt the 1.2 patch will make it worth replaying. My guess is i will try again once that first DLC is out. Until then, good night NC.

Same. I played through each life path once, and found like you that it's exactly the same except for a few "exclusive" dialogue choices which change absolutely nothing... At the end of the third playthrough, with the game seemingly becoming more unstable over time, I finally reached my "meh!" moment. I haven't touched the game since Feb 5th. Waiting for the promised improvements and fixes before I look again.

In a latest interview, CD Projekt CEO said that they will publish it in a second half of march (and he cant say if after that game will return to PS store as its sony decision).

And from me - no, you will never get a game you think they promoted. I would suggest accepting reality that product is not what a lot of people thought it would be. It will save you a lot of nerves. Enjoy what you have or move on to something else if youre not happy.

I hope, that we at least get a quest-reset-function, because the "fixed" Epistrophy-Delamain-Quests, are still not working for me.

It would be also great, to have a perk- / ability-reset-function, like one per playthrough for free and another one for a x-amount of coins.

As it seems to me, all people see the problems of the game like this:

-Police AI

-Optimisation

-Broken Perks

these three things have a huge impact on immersive and gameplay. And ignoring them would be a huge mistake.
I hope some of them will be fixed in patch 1.2.

And also like Elon Musk said:

And much more:
- AI (General, enemies act, sometimes, like really idiots, or VERY (rookie, raw, sorry my english)
- Optimisation (In general too, idk if I was lucky or not, but, I played Cyberpunk 2077 in PS4 and PS5, and gameplay were the same, while in car, objects are like distortionate/blured idk, npc pop up in front of you, in general almost all objects spawn/pop up near you, and you can see it)
- UI (HUD) is sometimes AWFUL, I complete the game with the "mobile call" bugged since Delamain missions, I thought it was normal because the story (no spoilers), but with hotfix 1.1 (or any, idk) one of the fixes was it, but, wow, STILL bugged...., and more errors related to UI.

And without mention water physics, road elements (fences, railings, traffic lights, etc...), explosions physics, physics in general, not gonna lie.

But, still loving the game :D, im waiting for NG+ for replay it and earn platinum trophy.

I've really been enjoying the game, partly from the lore and well-illustrated setting and partly from trying different V builds.

But, with over 260 hours on the PC version, I'd like to see some optimization, especially graphics and audio. Sometimes audio will cut out or be distorted like a character is speaking from in a tube; bodies or objects will float ridiculously in space; cars will appear and disappear randomly.

I would love for some AI improvement, especially being able to have conversations with more NPCs that go beyond them blowing me off with one line of dialogue. And not having a whole lot of NPCs appear out of the blue, say, in the canal after a mission against the Tyger Claws to get a data shard from a club of theirs.

These are, I guess, atmospheric, immersive dimensions to the game. But they would improve the overall game experience a lot.

EDIT: Oh let me add the mass of perpetually disappearing car traffic just within the horizon on roads in the Badlands. Very weird and off-putting.

Last edited:
I am waiting for the patch so much. But I do understand the time they need. Every day more is hard for me but gives me much more hope it will be great. Despite that, I will get the dlc as its one of the very very few games which made me forget everything around me and play more then 100 hours even without finishing the game as I want to finish it with the next update. Great game for me and one of the very few games which made this hard times we have right now much more enjoyable and I could exape into a world where found myself a bit more. Dont think the patch will be delivered this week, maybe next week or so but I hope you surprise me. Any hints when the patch might be released?

Any update on the patch release date?
(I've had a skim through but there's a lot of off topic stuff and general discussion and haven't found the info).
I did spot that this next patch is larger than the previous one. Can only be a good thing (?)

Any update on the patch release date?
(I've had a skim through but there's a lot of off topic stuff and general discussion and haven't found the info).
I did spot that this next patch is larger than the previous one. Can only be a good thing (?)
the official announcement says that the patch will be released in the second half of March. ( 15 - 19 or 22 - 26)

Given how bare-boned patch 1.1 was I'm not really expecting much.

Then again to be honest I'm not expecting much in general, regardless of the time frame considered.
It seems rather clear that CDPR seems to think there are only minor technical and performance issues to solve but that the game is mostly fine as it is in their opinion.

Too bad I happen to disagree. I think in its current form the game is mechanically speaking pretty much a mess from whatever angle you may look at it.
Shallow in terms of RPG mechanics, unreliable on the technical side, questionable in terms of core gameplay loops and with one of the worst itemizations in the genre.
I can't even really imagine a future scenario where I'll satisfied enough with the improvements made on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom