Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad I happen to disagree. I think in its current form the game is mechanically speaking pretty much a mess from whatever angle you may look at it.
Shallow in terms of RPG mechanics, unreliable on the technical side, questionable in terms of core gameplay loops and with one of the worst itemizations in the genre.
I can't even really imagine a future scenario where I'll satisfied enough with the improvements made on this.
Huh, fancy meeting you here!

Anyway, yeah. I somehow managed to enjoy the game a lot over the past few weeks in spite of those things, but they've been constant irritations and really do need significant improvement. I'm surprised some very conspicuous bugs have managed to persist through 12 patches, too. :|

Still no official news about the update?

C'mon, didn't you say "we'll keep you updated"?
The next monday is already 2nd half of the March.
Post automatically merged:

To be honest, I expect the patch to arrive around March 31 (Wednesday) - so as late as possible, but still within the promised time frame (second half of March). But hey, pleasant surprises are welcome.
I've been checking up https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/depots/

They've done at least 2 updates to the test branch in past week. So perhaps the first one was the official 1.2 build they indented to release, and they run a bunch of tests and all the quests and figured out some fixes.

So maybe things are still being tested if new stuff arrives, but if not they might release 1.2 in next week.

Just my guess. Still would at least want some confirmation about incoming changes this Friday.

Better to release polished patch (let's hope so) on 31th than too early (it led us to this place).
Yes, exactly my thoughts.

Still no official news about the update?

C'mon, didn't you say "we'll keep you updated"?
The next monday is already 2nd half of the March.
Post automatically merged:

I've been checking up https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/depots/

They've done at least 2 updates to the test branch in past week. So perhaps the first one was the official 1.2 build they indented to release, and they run a bunch of tests and all the quests and figured out some fixes.

So maybe things are still being tested if new stuff arrives, but if not they might release 1.2 in next week.

Just my guess. Still would at least want some confirmation about incoming changes this Friday.

Sure, why not? Your guess might be still correct, friend. We will see, I guess, but it's really no big deal now, just a couple of weeks to go anyway :)

I think it's pretty universally expected that the police chases are going to be implemented in this patch.

I think it'd be quite foolish to delay that workaround any longer.

Huh, fancy meeting you here!

Anyway, yeah. I somehow managed to enjoy the game a lot over the past few weeks in spite of those things, but they've been constant irritations and really do need significant improvement. I'm surprised some very conspicuous bugs have managed to persist through 12 patches, too. :|
Minor remark, there have not been 12 patches as far as I know.
The game went from base --> 1.04 hotfix --> 1.06 hotfix --> 1.1 patch --> 1.11 hotfix --> 1.12 PC specific hotfix (or maybe also xbox, but no ps)

The game went from base --> 1.04 hotfix --> 1.06 hotfix --> 1.1 patch --> 1.11 hotfix --> 1.12 PC specific hotfix (or maybe also xbox, but no ps)
Yeah pretty much only 1 official "patch" where everything else was just fixing undiscovered issues.

They were talking about introducing other smaller patches after 1.2 which would add more content or work arounds, so I'd expect if it were indeed a "patch" it'd go by the name 1.3, and whatever they need to fix would be 1.31 that follows.

Well they might not be able to work properly still so maybe we dont even get the patch or its gonna be just small bug fixes once again cause of the "hacking probs"....

No wonder I can't keep up! Then again, I used to work for DEC, whose product numbering was... well I never understood it. And nor did anybody else.

Exactly this.

We know it's in the second half of March and constant SteamDB updates indicates they are working on the patch and it's much bigger than what they've released so far.

They need to release it only when ready. Too much is riding on this one.

There is no way to know the changes made until they make it known. They may replace large files with small changes.
I hope they come with a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom