Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an X - old fan boy of Bethesda, I can tell you that it would go a long way to publish the planned patch log. Give it with the necessary warning that not everything on the list will actually get done but at least we would know what you are working on! And THAT makes waiting far easier.

Here comes the million excuses for CDPR. Can't wait to see how it gets twisted to defend them.

Well to be fair most of the people that have problems with CDPR and the game have moved on to greener, better released pastures, leaving this board to be an echo chamber of CDPR white-hats and loyalists. It's only events like these where disappointed people like us, those of us who want to like the game, but just can't get over CDPR's handling of it, that we come back en-mass.

As far as I'm concerned the well being of the devs after this hack is more important, but thank you for letting us know and thank you for the hard work.

I'm personally looking forward to the quality of life improvements and the general bug squashing (please be NPC and car culling system :D).

Regards and stay safe everyone :).

Being an X - old fan boy of Bethesda, I can tell you that it would go a long way to publish the planned patch log. Give it with the necessary warning that not everything on the list will actually get done but at least we would know what you are working on! And THAT makes waiting far easier.

You mean putting out a patch notes doc with a disclaimer on top saying "WORK IN PROGRESS. Everything you read is subject to change and might not make it into the final release"?

I remember this approach to trailers and promotional videos going down pretty well with the community. Since then I just prefer silence.

You mean putting out a patch notes doc with a disclaimer on top saying "WORK IN PROGRESS. Everything you read is subject to change and might not make it into the final release"?

I remember this approach to trailers and promotional videos going down pretty well with the community. Since then I just prefer silence.

I prefer communication. :shrug:
It worked for Bethesda in the early days anyway...

Heck apparently a hack that stole private employee data that's being used in a fraudulent manner and infected the mainframe freezing the systems is some sort of excuse to delay a goddamned patch for some people...

My thoughts exactly.
Lets wait until that second half of march hits, and then we'll see what gives.
In the mean time I'll be having fun in Watson :)

I believe those of us who played the game and have appreciation for it's quality, would LOVE to have it extended and improved.
I can't wait for an expansion and every time I see the media or users overcriticizing the game or its developers/creators just makes fear the fact this could be at some point abandoned or forgotten about for the sake of PR or profit.
Here is hoping this game will take its intended course despite all it's shortcomings !
Cheers guys

may very well be already planned DLC for second half of the year.
someone called it: we can dream, right :)
I would rather have a buggy game and add some DLC that will make the game as enjoyable for straight females as straight men but that's not gonna happen. It would be easier to deal with the delays if you get to have a Panam for your male V and Judy for your female V, with tons of repayable content and endings that are meaningful. I just don't think I can keep myself interested in this game to wait for these patches and all that because we do not get that experience.

Honestly I do not think CDPR cares that women don't get to enjoy the game as much as men. That's the whole gaming industry I guess, nothing has changed.

I would rather have a buggy game and add some DLC that will make the game as enjoyable for straight females as straight men but that's not gonna happen. Honestly I do not think CDPR cares that women don't get to enjoy the game as much as men. That's the whole gaming industry I guess, nothing has changed.
All I can say is patience.
Time will tell if you get the part you would like there to be.

You're not wrong, but on the other hand, there's a line between cut content, and making a patch (or game) that's is so different from what is placed into trailers and promotional videos (and patch notes) that's it's almost practically unrelated to what was initially put out. Or you know the whole "we don't support grind", or the whole "there will be no more delays" tweet.

It's not an easy line to walk, I'll give it that, but no communication is just as bad as too much (or false) communication, something that CDPR hasn't learned yet.

No problem the update is delayed for obvious reasons; the problem is the failure of your communication once again; leaving it to the last possible moment at end of February to announce the delay, when you should have done it weeks ago and save those few people who still root for you from false hope for two weeks.

Most people saw this coming after the hack took place and we can see the ongoing effect on Gwent still to this day with Journey story not being able to update due to server issues, there was close to no chance Cyberpunk would be getting the update, so why not come out weeks ago and be honest back then that you are not going to make the February deadline?

Communicate honestly and be transparent, two key pillars of good PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom