Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh mother! From 10th december to last days of march to get a presumptuous fixed game?
Big disappointment!

You're assuming that this patch actually fixes it, and doesn't add any more game breaking bugs into the game. You know like their track record suggests will happen and we'll have to wait even longer for those fixes.

CDPR's track record isn't exactly golden right now.

I prefer communication. :shrug:
It worked for Bethesda in the early days anyway...

Well, communication is what we received.

1. The hack affected the development process.
2. The scope of the patch was bigger than previous patches.
3. 1+2 = delay is needed

It's pretty clear, at least for me. After all the flak they've got for "promising and not delivering" it would be surprising for CDPR to release literally anything about possible but not final content of the patch. I think they learned their lesson.

3. 1+2 = delay is needed

It's pretty clear, at least for me. After all the flak they've got for "promising and not delivering" it would be surprising for CDPR to release literally anything about possible but not final content of the patch. I think they learned their lesson.
I wish they would talk about what kind of DLCs they are working on. There is a middle ground between overpromising being secretive. It is the responsibility of any company to find the middle ground. You cannot use fear of overpromising as an excuse to simply decline to speak with your customers at all about progress. You have to have transparency. It is hard to feel positive about the future of this game without having something to wait for. I'm feeling like we aren't going to get much more and that is why they do not say. And honestly, that is what we should assume. If they do not tell us what they are working on we should assume they are not working on anything.

Players will put the game away and the community will be dead if they think that this is it.

Last edited:
SpookyFX said:
I prefer communication. :shrug:
It worked for Bethesda in the early days anyway...

3. 1+2 = delay is needed

I would even like to add, the issue with communication often is that sooner or later it will start to lead a life of its own and run straight out of the original context. Things will get twisted and turned into something it wasn't.
Look at the hypetrain from 2013 onwards (haven't followed personally, but I have since heard and read more than enough)
Thats your perfect teaching school as to how communication can go haywire.
and given the current situation: very slippery slope to walk.

I wish they would talk about what kind of DLCs they are working on. It is hard to feel positive about the future of this game without having something to wait for. I'm feeling like we aren't going to get much more and that is why they do not say. Players will put the game away and the community will be dead if they think that this is it.

Now on this one I'm going to 100% agree with Gregski on this. Releasing anything on the DLC now, before the game is even totally playable on half the platforms they released it on, would be suicide at best. I mean they had to learn their lesson that advanced marketing this far out, before they have a handle on what the DLC will actually look like, would be a PR nightmare when it came out differently in 6 months then what they said today.

Edit: Also lets be honest, most people have already put the game away and moved on, either from frustration, lack of replayability, or they've just played it so much they can't be bothered to play it anymore. The only thing that's really kept people playing Cyberpunk this long, is the serious lack of almost anything else that's new and shiny.

To be fair CDPRs "disastrous" launch may work out for CDPR in the long run. All the other AAA companies are seeing the backlash on CDPR and I expect we'll see a mass delay of any game that was being concidered to be released this year. This will bring a dearth of games to play, allowing the DLCs to be more welcome then they normally would.

Last edited:
I guess we reap what we sow. There are endless comparisons and analyses of each word of what was said before and what is now. It is normal that CRPR prefers to remain silent about what is planned for the release. It is better to release when you are prepared so better a delay than fixing bugs to have new ones. I love the game and I'm impatient for all improvements but I will survive for few weeks :) Good luck CDPR.

I wish they would talk about what kind of DLCs they are working on. It is hard to feel positive about the future of this game without having something to wait for. I'm feeling like we aren't going to get much more and that is why they do not say. Players will put the game away and the community will be dead if they think that this is it.

Its pretty clean CDPR has gone into a no-communication mode about all future content and releases, and only giving small updates at the last possible second when something goes wrong.
If you play Gwent you are very familiar with this terrible stance to communication; the last several big content drops had zero info give before they went live. Even when something breaks or does not work as expected they wait until the community outrage reaches a boiling point before saying anything, end even then its usually through less official channels like random reddit comment from someone on the team or a random tweet, no official communication on their news website, their own forums, or in-game news section.

I guess we reap what we sow. There are endless comparisons and analyses of each word of what was said before and what is now. It is normal that CRPR prefers to remain silent about what is planned for the release. It is better to release when you are prepared so better a delay than fixing bugs to have new ones.

That happens with every game to a degree, but to blame the gamers for voicing their displeasure with CDPRs mismanagement of the game's design is just wrong. They put out a game that wasn't as marketed, full stop. We as customers complained. Now it's up to CDPR to fix their very tarnished reputation, and staying silent because they are scared of more backlash is just poor management again since it won't fix anything, just make it worse.

Now on this one I'm going to 100% agree with Gregski on this. Releasing anything on the DLC now, before the game is even totally playable on half the platforms they released it one, would be suicide at best. I mean they had to learn their lesson that advanced marketing this far out, before they have a handle on what the DLC will actually look like, would be a PR nightmare when it came out differently in 6 months then what they said today.

Edit: Also lets be honest, most people have already put the game away and moved on, either from frustration, lack of replayability, or they've just played it so much they can't be bothered to play it anymore. The only thing that's really kept people playing Cyberpunk this long, is the serious lack of almost anything else that's new and shiny.

To be fair CDPRs "disastrous" launch may work out for CDPR in the long run. All the other AAA companies are seeing the backlash on CDPR and I expect we'll see a mass delay of any game that was being concidered to be released this year. This will bring a dearth of games to play, allowing the DLCs to be more welcome then they normally would.
A DLC can be simple as new customization features like hairstyles or other small things that would not affect the broken parts of the game. It would not have to be new quests and story lines although that is what we all want. And actually I think the free DLC will just be customization stuff anyway. There is no real reason to wait for that

So there was another update to the cdpr_internal_qa on steam, yet they're aiming for the second half of march (probably the 31st) how quaint.
I wonder if consoles are holding them back again.

Hardly. What we received was an excuse at the last second, in which they would've known was an issue as soon as the hack happened if they were actually communicating with their playerbase instead of sitting in silence.

Last edited:
Its pretty clean CDPR has gone into a no-communication mode about all future content and releases, and only giving small updates at the last possible second when something goes wrong.
If you play Gwent you are very familiar with this terrible stance to communication; the last several big content drops had zero info give before they went live. Even when something breaks or does not work as expected they wait until the community outrage reaches a boiling point before saying anything, end even then its usually through less official channels like random reddit comment from someone on the team or a random tweet, no official communication on their news website, their own forums, or in-game news section.
I do not play games really so I have no experience with the way the companies are... But... I hate having to bitch to get listened too
Post automatically merged:

So there was another update to the cdpr_internal_qa on steam, yet they're aiming for the second half of march (probably the 31st) how quaint.

Hardly. What we received was an excuse at the last second, in which they would've known was an issue as soon as the hack happened if they were actually communicating with their playerbase instead of sitting in silence.
Exactly. They knew about this for weeks. There was no need to announce this at the last minute

I'm alright with the delay, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about it being pushed to the SECOND half of March. But I understand and will wait patiently (and eagerly). I'm lucky enough that I only ever had one bad bug and it was taken care of in a hotfix, while the rest have been merely cosmetic.

The post makes it sound like it's going to be an even bigger patch than we may have expected?

3. 1+2 = delay is needed

This.

They communicated. They learned to keep their mouths shut until they are 100% certain of what they'll deliver.

It's unfortunate that they couldn't make their original timeline but now we know. Back to waiting another month, nothing else to do about it. :shrug:

A DLC can be simple as new customization features like hairstyles or other small things that would not affect the broken parts of the game. It would not have to be new quests and story lines although that is what we all want. And actually I think the free DLC will just be customization stuff anyway. There is no real reason to wait for that

IMO new DLC is so far out for CDPR at the moment it makes no sense to say anything about it; I would not expect any new DLC content in 2021,maybe some minor free content updates in 2H; and with probably more then a year away a lot can change. I would rather have communication about stuff that is expected in the next 1-2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom