+
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Skill trees with useless, unbalanced and for the most part, boring perks
-Quests with plot holes
-Can't rebind keys for dodge and other mechanics
-World is pretty to look at but it's just a veneer
-Limited customization
-NCPD quests make no sense (sorry I didn't pick the vigilante lifepath)
-Main story arc is short and padded by randos who just call you when you're close to a quest

ok...and yet I liked playing it. Most players feel the same per all the various 7/10 user scores. It is getting decent critic reviews and it is still as of Feb 13, 2021 in the top 20 NPD's list of January 2021's best selling games.

So there is some je ne sais quoi there. A game with soul despite its blemishes and dull wit...

I am still excited to see where this all go's once it is patched and mod creators are given full access!
It requires a certain kind of game with IP holders willing to allow full moding to get your Oblivions, Skyrims and Fallouts. This game seems to have that.

Last edited:
thanks for the update and understandable considering recent events, look forward to the update and upcoming dlc when they are ready and take care of yourselves

Didn't they tell us that all the servers were backed up and no data was lost? Maybe due to working at home, some content was not backed up? Just speculating here, I don't know much about the infastructure.

Didn't they tell us that all the servers were backed up and no data was lost? Maybe due to working at home, some content was not backed up? Just speculating here, I don't know much about the infastructure.

They said none of the forum members' personal data was compromised. There are many other aspects of the attack that have nothing to do with with the personal information of forum members.

Not the news we deserved? Really? The fact that they told us why we aren't getting the patch on the schedule they proposed in mid December is news enough. Is it great news that this is the case? No, but it's better than no information at all much like many other developers would give. Plus a hack into company systems isn't exactly something that speeds up work. We deserve to know what's going on, and they're giving us that.

I feel you totally missed the context (and reference, dry humor) of what I was saying. I am really not disagreeing with anything you said.

Actually not, i think its time you receive some criticism from your fans [...]. Since you released the game its been excuse after excuse to justify the mediocre release you did and the subsequent mediocre attempt to fix that.
"ohh we didn't notice that on consoles", "ohh we deserve to rest now so it that shit you paid for while we go on holydays", "ohh we receive a cyberattack but we are not paying to protect YOUR privacy because thats not our policy" and now "ohh we don't release a patch that it wasn't going to fix any shit of this half baked game that even we dont play because we received a cyberattack (even thoug suposedely we had a security copies of our data and the only thing that got exposed was your personal data users....)"
I personally defended your company with this game, but getting to this point its time to face reality, you released shit, a game that its a broken shell (beatiful shell) with nothinig inside, 90% of the map its empty, 90% of the quests are the same quest with someone else in the phone and no background or whatsoever, congratulations CDPR you released your FF XV, this game can't compare to witcher.... not even to Valheim and fucking Valheim is an early access game.
Good luck with next game whichever it will be, don't count me for buying your it, i had enough

Last edited by a moderator:
So any particular reason you guys can't release a smaller patch with what fixes you do have done?

The fact that you all didn't do this is pretty concerning to be honest. Just how busted up is the game under the hood that even after a month there isn't enough progress to even bother releasing a patch?

1: Did you buy the game directly from CDPR? If not, where?
2: What platform do you use?
1. Physical copy directly from CDPR - distributed by CD Projekt gear store, because CDP which was originally supposed to do it, filed for bankruptcy after CP2077 delays.
2. GOG

Please please remove polygons for some trees in the desert, you're driving through the desert trees and suddenly crash with just a tree

Just a small tip in 5 steps for the next game release, especially to the managment people who thought it a good idea to release the game in its state because of the pressure from investors:
1. Close your eyes.
2. Imagine a world where you pushed the release of CP2077 to March 2021.
3. After the initial disappointment, most players would still be hyped, buy a great product and you can keep your good reputation. Feels good, doesn't it?
4. Remember that feeling.
5. Recall that feeling when you are in the shareholder meeting in 2024, when Witcher 4 and its release date are about to be discussed.

Does the next update will be for consoles too? Because after Sony pulled out Cyberpunk 2077 from it's digital store, i'm afraid if there won't be any updates for the PS4/PS5 version, thanks. (i play on the base PS4 console btw)

Does the next update will be for consoles too? Because after Sony pulled out Cyberpunk 2077 from it's digital store, i'm afraid if there won't be any updates for the PS4/PS5 version, thanks. (i play on the base PS4 console btw)

All previous updates were available on consoles so there's no reason this one won't. The game is not available on PS Store for digital purchase, but if you own the physical version you should receive the 1.2 patch just like previous ones.

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Were you able to confirm exactly who/whom performed the cyberattack? Hopefully law enforcement is handling this and repercussions against those involved will be harsh.

1. Physical copy directly from CDPR - distributed by CD Projekt gear store, because CDP which was originally supposed to do it, filed for bankruptcy after CP2077 delays.
2. GOG

Considering the amount of people probably filing for returns, combined with a pandemic, and now this... i´m sure a delay is to be expected. Are you fully unable to play the game at all, or do you just want to refund the game anyway?

Please please remove polygons for some trees in the desert, you're driving through the desert trees and suddenly crash with just a tree
Has nothing to do with the existence of the mesh. All that does is give form for the textures to wrap around. They just forgot to tag those trees as destructible.

Just a small tip in 5 steps for the next game release, especially to the managment people who thought it a good idea to release the game in its state because of the pressure from investors:
1. Close your eyes.
2. Imagine a world where you pushed the release of CP2077 to March 2021.
3. After the initial disappointment, most players would still be hyped, buy a great product and you can keep your good reputation. Feels good, doesn't it?
4. Remember that feeling.
5. Recall that feeling when you are in the shareholder meeting in 2024, when Witcher 4 and its release date are about to be discussed.

Witcher 4 is fine and all, but some of us don't want another fantasy game.

We wanted a Witcher 3 quality version of a sci-fi IP in this game.

1. You're missing the point, again, and at this point I'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose. I am not claiming I know what the situation was. Quite the contrary - no one knows.

2. Most pre-orders were made a few days before release. As is always the case with any pre-order, the closer a game gets to release the more pre-orders there are. You can observe this fact with pretty much any game on Steam. CP2077 is no exception. CP2077 became the #1 top seller on Steam less than a week before release. Consequently, one can assume they didn't have the money until just a few days before release. It's not enough time to completely change your release plan - for any product.

3. You, or anyone else had no any idea how long the console release would've had to be pushed back so let me turn your question back on you. Who in their right mind thinks gamers and investors would be "happy" about the game being pushed back potentially several months, perhaps even a year? Furthermore, the PC release was also, arguably, not ready for release. Should they just delay everything? Should they release the PC version, which is also rather disappointing, and have console people see that and simply cancel their pre-order?
I would happily have waited 2 more years.
It really depends on what the MP plans are.

I mean, as far as we know they could be going for some run of the mill deathmatch type game set in Night City.

If the plan is to re-create the SP experience in an MP setting while adding MP specific mission/activities (which seems probable considering the heist code that was left in the CP2077) the way GTA 5 did.... Yeah, that's far more complex and so far I have absolutely no faith they can pull it off.

Not just as far as creating a working MP game that works well with good quality content but also to keep producing quality content at a decent enough pace to keep the game relevant. Not to mention that is also far outside of their area of expertise. It took Rockstar 4 GTA games to jump in the online world and by that time they were experts at their craft. CDPR isn't.

But alas, they've already confirmed MP is still very much in the plans and a lot of the career opportunities they've opened are about MP. I have no doubt they're already working on it. I'm just hoping that whatever they're working on isn't to the detriment of the single player's game future.
Unless they pull of a Multiplayer so good, it feels like playing Cyberpunk pen and paper, with a group of friends. I never realy cared much for my "V" or Silverhand trough out my journey(dont get me wrong, there were some cool characters and stories along the way). So jumping in to a new fresh story in Night City with others, would be pretty cool right about now. Let me actualy feel like a mercenary scumbag, with love only for eddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom