Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they decide to go forward with multiplayer CP2077, and I assume they will, they can get benefit from doing a PTR. For the solo game, I would not bother, as the multiplayer game will replace it, anyway.

I just hope the multiplayer won't be a pay to win scop that many multiplayer games are.

take your time no rush make this game an epic one ... cyberpunk 2077 is the first steps for a new world hopefully like Witcher need just to do better... c'mon stay safe do your best

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Take your time. You guys have been through the ringer lately and deserve a break. Take care of yourselves in body and soul. We'll be here whenever you are ready :)

Steam stats for yesterday: Cyberpunk: 20K, Witcher 3: 22K, Skyrim: 26K+7K (SE and OE are counted as two different games)

I'm holding out till patch 1.2 to see what it brings and then I'll uninstall CP2077 for good. Each day it passes I'm finding a new glitch. Today I had to reload an earlier save because I wasn't able anymore to lift bodies to carry them to a dumpster. If I took note of every glitch I found, I could write an encyclopedia.

I'm starting to believe, one of these days, CP2077 will go full Skynet and it will try to kill me or my PC :ROFLMAO:

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Yo, keep your chins up. The content I played was unfinished, but still i give it a 10/10 for what was there. Everybody poops in their pants at some point in their life. Just throw your drawers in the bin and carry on.

Stay healthy, and keep doing what you do so well. I was there on day 1 for the first witcher, and I look forward to all of your kick ass games. <3

CDPR could help themselves by bring more open about what they aRe working on and current status of the work.

They need to level set expectations which would also help to rebuild trust with their customer base.

What could it hurt if CDPR said they are currently focusing on optimization and ensuring the game runs well on all platforms and no one should expect any signfiicant QOL improvements until the second half of 2021?

Why not be honest and let players know they are or are not working on improving NPC or the wanted system?

Steam stats for yesterday: Cyberpunk: 20K, Witcher 3: 22K, Skyrim: 26K+7K (SE and OE are counted as two different games)

To be fair, I do believe that a large chunk of people (myself included) are waiting for patch 1.2. Still, for your own 6 years old game to outdo your brand new game and IP only 3 months after it's release... that's gotta sting.

1.2 better be a good one.

Guest 3847602

Still, for your own 6 years old game to outdo your brand new game and IP only 3 months after it's release... that's gotta sting.
Not necessarily. What would sting pretty badly is if they'd be earning more money in 2021 from TW3 sales than Cyberpunk's.
Number of concurrent steam players (or Twitch viewers) is not that important for singleplayer-only game with zero microtransactions.
Those numbers are not telling you anything about how many Cyberpunk owners are willing to purchase expansions. Hell, I haven't played the game for more than a month and I'm certain to buy them when they come out.

Not necessarily. What would sting pretty badly is if they'd be earning more money in 2021 from TW3 sales than Cyberpunk's.
Number of concurrent steam players (or Twitch viewers) is not that important for singleplayer-only game with zero microtransactions.
Those numbers are not telling you anything about how many Cyberpunk owners are willing to purchase expansions. Hell, I haven't played the game for more than a month and I'm certain to buy them when they come out.

Neither is anecdotal evidence proof of anything. I haven't played in a month and as it stands I'm not willing to buy any of them. It doesn't prove anything either way and we won't know for sure until said expansions are released.

The point is that, so far, their 6 years old game is outperforming their brand new game in every metric. Be it sales (as it stands, CP2077 is never reaching TW3 28 million sales), professional reviews, user reviews or concurrent players. It is not necessarily the doom and gloom that some make it out to be as it is a single player game but it is not encouraging.

I am probably on the minority who does not care at all? I see a lot of people who are mad, offended, disappointed and the others on the fence white knighting CDPR. I mean, I had fun with the game, even if it was a complete turd, I was not expecting anything, plus, was just 60 bucks, shit you can recover in half a day...

I did not pull my hair because of an entertainment product that does meet this criteria:

1. It is not expensive;
2. It is not the end of the world if it ends being a turd;
3. I am well aware CDPR is a corporation.

I can add more to 3 as it is a reason to not put trust. Given they are a company which main interest is profit (like all corporations) why should I trust them for anything or give them blind faith at ANY time? They are just a product producer of irrelevant and non-essential goods. Losing my mind over something as trivial like a game and then getting mad at a corporation acting like... well, a corporation, is extremely stupid in my view.

I was not forced to buy the game nor I was forced to pre-order it; I do not recall any CDPR employee holding me at gun-point to purchase their product and I am more than sure that no one here had that experience.

P.S.: In other words, I do not really care this much about an issue that is really not that big, it is more interesting to see people getting so angry on one side and the other being so defensive like if they were majority shareholders.

Last edited:
A few things:
1) People have the right to be unhappy about the game and express that unhappiness. Just like people who are happy have the right to express their happiness. Everyone's opinion is to be respected -- it's in the forum rules.
2) Rudeness, e.g. accusations of lying, is against the forum rules.
3) Quotes of content that gets deleted also get deleted.

Some content deleted. Please follow the rules, and avoid posting flamebait.

Guest 3847602

Neither is anecdotal evidence proof of anything. I haven't played in a month and as it stands I'm not willing to buy any of them. It doesn't prove anything either way and we won't know for sure until said expansions are released.

The point is that, so far, their 6 years old game is outperforming their brand new game in every metric. Be it sales (as it stands, CP2077 is never reaching TW3 28 million sales), professional reviews, user reviews or concurrent players. It is not necessarily the doom and gloom that some make it out to be as it is a single player game but it is not encouraging.
Never implied it means anything beyond "not playing the game" =/= "disappointment" or "not interested in future content".
You're right about about other examples, but it was pretty obvious 3 months ago that beating TW3 review scores or lifetime sales is not happening, so that's probably not something they're concerned with in March 2021.
Cyberpunk's critic scores are still decent on PC (user scores are higher than that of RDR2), sales can hardly be described as disastrous for CDPR, they've underlined console performance as their main priority for now and number of concurrent Steam players is unlikely to be something they ever cared about.

sales can hardly be described as disastrous for CDPR
That's short term gains. Long term damage needs to be looked at next. Syfy channel ruined its reputation with crap products and cancelling shows before completion. I never watch their station and shows (good or bad) for the past decade.

Guest 3847602

That's short term gains. Long term damage needs to be looked at next. Syfy channel ruined its reputation with crap products and cancelling shows before completion. I never watch their station and shows (good or bad) for the past decade.
Sure. Their next game is unlikely to see 8 million pre-orders unless they bring console versions to a decent state.
I still doubt this hypothetical game will have trouble selling well in the end, assuming it's actually good.

Never implied it means anything beyond "not playing the game" =/= "disappointment" or "not interested in future content".
You're right about about other examples, but it was pretty obvious 3 months ago that beating TW3 review scores or lifetime sales is not happening, so that's probably not something they're concerned with in March 2021.
Cyberpunk's critic scores are still decent on PC (user scores are higher than that of RDR2), sales can hardly be described as disastrous for CDPR, they've underlined console performance as their main priority for now and number of concurrent Steam players is unlikely to be something they ever cared about.

I'm assuming you're talking about Metacritic when you say CP2077's user scores beat RDR2's since it's the only place I could find where it does. Let's be honest - Metacritic is a shithole for user reviews. If you look at Steam, RDR2 is sitting at a very comfortable "very positive" score in both recent and all time reviews. Whereas CP2077 is now sitting at a "mixed" score in recent reviews and a "mostly positive" all time review

RDR2's score is also rather irrelevant and an unfair comparison in my opinion. Rockstar has been at this kind of game/world for far longer and have become masters of their craft. CDPR doesn't have anywhere near the experience to compete with Rockstar in anything but writing.

I'm far more interested in how it compares to TW3. That is where CDPR truly showed what they were capable of. Unfortunately, they also lost a huge chunk of that team.

You're right that sales are not disastrous by any measure. Yet, they still are far below their projections and objective and there is no doubt that there will be a measurable long-term impact.

There is a lot resting on that 1.2 patch.

Guest 3847602

I'm assuming you're talking about Metacritic when you say CP2077's user scores beat RDR2's since it's the only place I could find where it does. Let's be honest - Metacritic is a shithole for user reviews.
Yes and yes. I've only mentioned it because it's funny how often Cyberpunk is being compared to GTA and RDR2 despite having almost nothing in common with them. For the sake of irony and nothing else.
Agree with the rest, only exception being loss of TW3 team, most of senior developers are still there and they worked on Cyberpunk. Those on lower positions have probably moved, but that's not uncommon practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom