Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told, it should be interpreted as 26th of March the earliest - 31st of March the latest. But i wouldn't get my hopes up judging by what we have seen up to this moment. We are exactly at 90 calendar days past the "release date" of the game. I saddens me that this youtube video is so relevant regarding a CDPR product :(.

I have stopped playing halfway through Act III after i noticed that 30% of the perks i have invested in are broken, and some of the mods too...50ish hours in.

I think that we can power a mid sized city with the energy that some users spend jumping between this type of threads saying "its an unplayable mess I felt cheated" and posts were they explained " i played >100h,did all stuff,story sucks,tried all mechanics its a very bad game"(100 h,60 dollars,still cheaper than going to the cinema for your generic blockbuster).
For the update I guess focus on last gen trying to convince Sony and maybe some stuff that cross ripples between platforms,nothing fancy I fear.

Well let's agree to disagree. I didn't feel cheated 3 months ago - i bought the game and i fully expected it to be a "buggy mess". But i was hoping with a couple of quick patches it could be called playable and satisfying experience.
What i feel cheated about is that the company's CEO promised us fast reaction and holding true to the company's "commitment to quality" and being transparent about the development process.
Let's sum up what we got from December 10th 2020, up to this moment - a couple of quest fixes, a couple of interface bugs, and a couple of gamebreaking bugs fixed.
The current information we were provided is "we are working on substantial stuff". After this whole fiasco is this what we deserve as paying customers? And yes when you pay 60eu /euro in my case/ i expect to get a competent AAA title - not an early access title - if they were being all front about it being one - nobody would have been mad about it. But with the mentality "let's take the cash and think about the backlash later" it's actually quite a bad look.
Honestly what would actually calm the crowd down is something as simple as "current build patch notes" - something as simple as that. Or a real roadmap of what is expected to come in the next couple of months.
My two cents.

Honestly what would actually calm the crowd down is something as simple as "current build patch notes" - something as simple as that. Or a real roadmap of what is expected to come in the next couple of months.

It would be nice and it would actually account towards promised "transparency".
But not going to happen because every word and every comma would be scrutinized and then used against them if/when something described in the roadmap/wip patch notes wasn't there when released.
Sadly I have to admit that CDPR are getting what they deserve - they played us for fools, not because the wanted to fool us from the beginning but because of severe mismanagement of the development process as a whole which led to suboptimal results.

I did enjoy the game, 149 hours logged and in my opinion it's not a bad game, but it's not a good game either, could've been so much better ... a lot of wasted potential and broken/unfinished stuff.

It would be nice and it would actually account towards promised "transparency".
But not going to happen because every word and every comma would be scrutinized and then used against them if/when something described in the roadmap/wip patch notes wasn't there when released.
Sadly I have to admit that CDPR are getting what they deserve - they played us for fools, not because the wanted to fool us from the beginning but because of severe mismanagement of the development process as a whole which led to suboptimal results.

I did enjoy the game, 149 hours logged and in my opinion it's not a bad game, but it's not a good game either, could've been so much better ... a lot of wasted potential and broken/unfinished stuff.
A branch of the company I work for was recently hit by ransomware, not only has it taken nearly a month (and still about half a month away at least) to rebuild, but the lawyers involved are making sure that anyone who knows anything are not saying anything. I'm sure it's the same for CDPR. It's not that they don't want to let us know what they are working, what they plan on doing, etc. it's that they can't.
And they have the double whammy with the release lawsuits and their hit with ransomware/blackmail.

Plus whole team worked hard to deliver patch 1 at the premiere date so actually real work after its released started on beginning of january, then they had cyber attack which shut them down for at least two weeks. And all of that in a middle of pandemic.

You guys are looking at isolated issues they had.
  1. Hack/ransomware - inadequate/insufficient IT/security department. I don't see why it should be _my_ problem as a customer. I've paid full price.
  2. Pandemic - everyone was affected. Period. If the product is not ready - don't release it (yet) or don't release it on every gaming platform known to man because of greedy reasons.
I'm trying to look at the game development process as whole using _all_ the information I have available.
And the picture I'm seeing is clear - bad decisions made by greedy and incompetent management led the product to what I would qualify as "almost a failure".

Seems like the attack was a good screen to delay the patch. Given how far back its delayed, its pretty clear it wouldn't have been ready in February anyways.

Oh wells. Anyways, it kind of sad to see so many people clamoring and rejoicing over basic communication. We really are at the bottom of the barrel with CDPR.

Apologies for sounding so negative and cynical. Its just kind of how I see the situation. Im just hoping my xbone version will be playable next patch. Fingers crossed. See ya then.

You're completely right, The Witcher series and Cyberpunk 2077 are my last games from CDPR. Next time I will not pre-order and just wait for reviews. I can't trust this company again. Greed is the mother of all fuckups and this company went full corpo (ironically).
Post automatically merged:

1. Hack/ransomware - inadequate/insufficient IT/security department. I don't see why it should be _my_ problem as a customer. I've paid full price.
  2. Pandemic - everyone was affected. Period. If the product is not ready - don't release it (yet) or don't release it on every gaming platform known to man because of greedy reasons.
I'm trying to look at the game development process as whole using _all_ the information I have available.
And the picture I'm seeing is clear - bad decisions made by greedy and incompetent management led the product to what I would qualify as "almost a failure".

Exactly this. Greed has poisoned this company. The top management needs to go if the company wants to survive. If this greed continues then I see a very dark future for this company.

Last edited:
I was mostly speaking about the lack of communication part.
I agree that the state of release was definately poor management.

Exactly this. Greed has poisoned this company. The top management needs to go if the company wants to survive. If this greed continues then I see a very dark future for this company.

Why do you even care? Are you majority shareholder or anything? If CDPR stops existing tomorrow I doubt it shall affect any of the customers here in any meaningful way or in any way at all.

Honestly, peeps put too much attention on stupid/irrelevant/innocuous stuff.

I think CDPR got good payment for the game, its surely undeveloped abandoning it now will close them for good.
they will at least finish the bugs and out few dlc's before stopping the dev of the title.
hope it will happen sooner then later.

Well, as I can see from the discussions here someone believes in CDPR,someone does not,BUT people are really waiting and hoping for the expansion of the game and this is very important.I am also waiting.I really want the game to become bigger, more exciting and most importantly more logical in many places.No matter how naive it sounds

I think CDPR got good payment for the game, its surely undeveloped abandoning it now will close them for good.
they will at least finish the bugs and out few dlc's before stopping the dev of the title.
hope it will happen sooner then later.
this is the same company that sold a 40+ hour expansion for 20 bucks. They're committed to building up the game to what they wanted originally. Think about the witcher 3, and how it still sells copies and pulls numbers 5 years after release.

CDPR is playing the long game here. 2 years or so from now other people will hear about this game called cp2077 and install the version cdpr wanted to put out and they will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom