Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also people should cool down expectations of any of this class action lawsuits and Poland Government fines.
As somebody that works and has worked in public traded companies: any time that stock falls due to a bad earnings,bad product launch,virtually anything... specialized lawyers search for shareholders to fill a lawsuit, some base money + % of what they can get(if they can get) in court.Normally, they are not even accepted in courts: they should prove that board inflated stock and that the board benefited from the crash(i.e did they sold significant shares just before the crash?).
For government,I heard that is because they received some funding for r&d( i think was related to crowd and city ai) .... this normally boils down to just a couple of interns working on the project,filling in a time spreadsheet and writing a report of the results in each milestone and at the end...
So I don't think that anybody should expect that a patch fundamentally alters the game core/story/mechanics because all this lawsuits/investigations sounds like business as usual to me.

They need to take as long as it takes. No more rushing because someone is impatient and has to have it _now_. That includes both players and management.
The game wasn't rushed because people were whining online about the delays, it was rushed because it was the single most ideal time to release the game in order to maximize profits (Christmas, end of 8th console gen, niche release spot with no other major titles).

People whining online has never influenced a game developer's decision to the release their games. Ever.

The game wasn't rushed because people were whining online about the delays, it was rushed because it was the single most ideal time to release the game in order to maximize profits (Christmas, end of 8th console gen, niche release spot with no other major titles).

People whining online has never influenced a game developer's decision to the release their games. Ever.

well, management was in his post, and yeah they released because management said it was good enough, and as you said, missing this release frame is a huge fiscal set back.

To be honest, even with the bad results, they may have been better off releasing it when they did. The big question is the long term effects.

Guest 3847602

- they had more than 8 million preorders, so I doubt they were that thirsty for more money
- game was originally planned to be released on 16 April, then on 17 September, so it wasn't about deliberately targeting holiday season
- other studios, like Ubisoft, were adjusting their release schedule to avoid Cyberpunk, Cyberpunk was the biggest fish in the pond, only Rockstar releasing the game could have been the cause for concern

Last edited by a moderator:
Also so many people are wrongly accusing investors pushing for releasing the game out.

Investors did not gain access and played the working title, in those investor calls you get very little information about the action product. There wasn't a vote cast about "Should we release the game now, it has issues but is working great on very high end PC, press 1 for yes, 2 for no."

So putting the blame on anyone else but the management is just plain wrong. Also even the management didn't say that they were pressured to release the game early, they of course themselves didn't have any more information that was provided for them by the testers. There was just a lot of miscommunication about actual issues.

Last edited:
Also people should cool down expectations of any of this class action lawsuits and Poland Government fines.
As somebody that works and has worked in public traded companies: any time that stock falls due to a bad earnings,bad product launch,virtually anything... specialized lawyers search for shareholders to fill a lawsuit, some base money + % of what they can get(if they can get) in court.Normally, they are not even accepted in courts: they should prove that board inflated stock and that the board benefited from the crash(i.e did they sold significant shares just before the crash?).
For government,I heard that is because they received some funding for r&d( i think was related to crowd and city ai) .... this normally boils down to just a couple of interns working on the project,filling in a time spreadsheet and writing a report of the results in each milestone and at the end...
So I don't think that anybody should expect that a patch fundamentally alters the game core/story/mechanics because all this lawsuits/investigations sounds like business as usual to me.

That's not exactly right.

The class action lawsuits aren't about the shares falling per se. The accusation is that CDPR deliberately hid the state of the game to mislead investors and generate investments. The damages would be calculated based on the share price but the case itself isn't about the share price.

With that said, if I remember correctly all the lawsuits had a February deadline to find a lead plaintiff to represent the class. I.E.; an investor to file the actual lawsuit and represent the other investors. No one has stepped up. I'll admit I stopped closely following the different cases mid-February but I haven't heard anything indicating they had found one and this would've made big news. A very summary research indicates this still holds true.

The deadline is up. No lead plaintiff - no case. It's possible no investor stepped up because they didn't feel like they deserved their money back but after a more than 50% drop, I doubt that's the reason. It's much more likely they realized that the case was nearly impossible to win and only lawyers would get richer here.

At this point, the lawsuits aren't motivating anything.

The part about their government isn't about the funding. It's the Polish consumers protection agency that's monitoring the situation and it's about the state of the game on consoles. The government funding them surely helped motivate the agency a bit but that's all it was at best; extra motivation. The agency indicated it would closely watch and monitor progress on the two patches that CDPR announced in December and, yes, they do have the power to impose a fine on CDPR based on their findings.

Personally, I don't think they'll hand out that fine. The patch is coming out later than originally announced but they have a damn good reason for this - the security breach. It's part of the reason why so much rides on this patch.
Post automatically merged:

To be honest, even with the bad results, they may have been better off releasing it when they did. The big question is the long term effects.

In all honesty, gamers are probably the one demographic with a shorter than a week's attention span that rarely sticks to it's guns. I mean, we all remember this little gem, right?

1615816432559.png

If CDPR fixes the game, it won't matter much what state the game launched it. If they hype it enough, it'll sell.

Last edited:
Also even the management didn't say that they were pressured to release the game early, they of course themselves didn't have any more information that was provided for them by the testers.
You seriously believe this? That the QA team did not report all the issues with the game to higher-ups?

watch it, in a couple of months it'll be the dev's fault and not the managment. Textbook historic revisioning.

Oh boy, feels like we're in the week where the 1.2 update will finally be released. Dunno how it works for other people but for me, CDPR *usually* releases their patches on a Friday, and with it being Monday the 15th, that means just 4 more day! Like a lot of people, more nervous than excited about the fixes that we'll see, but I can always hope.

For government,I heard that is because they received some funding for r&d( i think was related to crowd and city ai)

If you only read articles dated post Cyberpunk 2077 launch that would be the general consensus yeah, but it's a gross misrepresentation of what it was actually about.
  • City Creation – technology that can be used to create cities that feel real and hold up in an open-world setting.
  • Seamless Multiplayer – every aspect of integrating multiplayer into a game from searching for players to actually getting on with it.
  • Cinematic Feel – “film quality” RPG open worlds and dedicated tools to create them
  • Animation Excellence – further to the above, making characters more realistic with better animation
Yeah I think they used the grant to research all of that and develop the game based on those principles, there's nothing suspicious about it.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cd-projekt-new-game

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rom-polish-governments-usd27-4m-research-fund

The government investigation boils down to customer protection and I don't believe it will surmount to anything:

https://www.thegamer.com/polish-government-monitoring-cd-projekt-reds-cyberpunk-2077-progress/

https://www.pcgamer.com/polish-regu...projekt-over-cyberpunk-2077s-troubled-launch/

Sigh...

That's anywhere between now and the end of the month, no?

That's not what the OP was saying.

That is literally what the OP is saying.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

That means they are aiming (emphasis on this keyword) to release the patch between now and the end of the month.

That is literally what the OP is saying.

That means they are aiming (emphasis on this keyword) to release the patch between now and the end of the month.

Are you trolling?

Please also bear in mind, fellow fans and enthusiasts, that the update says 'aiming' for the end of March. Wouldn't want anyone stewing in their own venom because they misunderstood what that means.

End of march and second half of march means different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom