Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, what is surprising about it out of curiosity? I mean no offense but there are only so many hours in a day. Even if it's going on, what, three to four weeks since the 1.2 announcement how much change can we really expect within such a short amount of time? How many constant day to day, "We're working on it.", messages do we need?
My thought is that they could update us when it goes to be certified, just to let us know that it is coming in a couple days. You know... something of a "call before you come over" sort of thing. :)

And radio silence again... man if only they would be a little more transparent... it's either "here's the patch" or "delaying because [excuse... and we knew several days before now]"

Sheesh, March still has 12 days, what are they supposed to say instead of working on the patch? It will come, eventually, and if it comes in early April it'll be fine too as long as it fixes stuff and isn't rushed out because people keep nagging. :p Why is everyone expecting a patch announced for the 2nd half of March to arrive at 12am on the 16th?

Sheesh, March still has 12 days, what are they supposed to say instead of working on the patch? It will come, eventually, and if it comes in early April it'll be fine too as long as it fixes stuff and isn't rushed out because people keep nagging. :p Why is everyone expecting a patch announced for the 2nd half of March to arrive at 12am on the 16th?
Yeah it's not like they had an insanely long development cycle to get the bulk of the game finished or anything, completely blew that, and [...]... It would be crazy to expect real progress in so "short" a time, almost as if they only started working on the game launch day. They might as well have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think CDPR management and developers also fell this will be very important patch, which is what a lot of people are waiting for and if done well, can help with future sales of Cyberpunk 2077 (eg. console sales) or if not, can discourage lot of remaining or potential players from Cyberpunk 2077.

I hear people are worrying this patch 1.2 isn't going to bring a lot of people to the game and it's somehow going not to revitalize the game community.

But if you look other games like Doom (2016) which I've played through in 14 hours and have no intention to play anymore, sure it was a fun experience, and despite only 14 hours it doesn't mean the game wasn't a great. Technically you could call the Doom Eternal just "expansion" since it runs the same engine and a lot of the mechanics are unchanged (more polished) from it's 2016 game.

And the game has only been out like half a year and is now having less players than Fallout 4.

https://steamcharts.com/app/782330
https://steamcharts.com/app/377160

And if you check the review scores of Metacritic you see 8.5 for Doom and 5.5 for Fallout 4.
I think it's quite clear none of this has to do with the actual reality of people who enjoy the game and are willing to sink in money for upgrading the experience with expansions and sequels.

People should stop speculating on things that don't really matter and cherry picking statistics that only support their side of the argument. If Doom Eternal had only 1,924 daily players in 2022 and then sequel comes and then sales increase from past titles, daily concurrent players or Metacritic review scores clearly has no connection to sales.

Having a constant stream of people playing on offline game is kinda pointless statistic anyway.
These people might even be playing the game but they just happen to be offline for whatever reason. They might put the steam in offline-mode to allow them some peace for playing the campaign without being harassed by friends to join xyz game.

May I remind that Doom 2016 sold only like 1 million copies on launch month.
Doom Eternal sold 3 million in first week.
Cyberpunk sold over 13 million in launch day.

So if anything, "Cyberpunk 2078" will sell more than two-three times the starting date launch if they're able to upgrade the graphics and the content, slap in some 3rd person cinematic everywhere, put some brutal advertisement of wild life of Night City and the content they're able to create.

There's never been a sequel with less polish and less side activities so I have full confidence in for more polished experiences to come in future.

I can't wait what the next years will bring us.

Little off topic:
Beside the point of 1.2, in fact it might be actually better for Cyberpunk 2077 to receive so much bad press from a release, since it's now being followed everywhere in news, where a title like Doom received far less coverage. Some might even call this the "Trump effect", where something is seemingly so absurd, it gets covered a lot, just because it makes people to comment an talk about it. The more people show up, the more ad-revenue the websites give and the more they get covered.

Once you cover up a lot of certain topic, naturally more people are going to hear about it and eventually that'll convert into more followers.

Btw still going about police chase, I'm not the only one expecting 1.2 to have them.

Last edited:
Arguably the mostnimportant for Cybeepunk is to not be forgotten as has happened to Anthen.
Both have had quite a bumpy ride. But CP is still under a close eye, and welcome or not, it makes them visible.
Patch 1.2 will do also just that. If its poor, people will rage and it hit the news. If its great people will sheer and it also hits the news.

And in the latter case, people will automatically pick it up (again)
And if the former happens CDPR is once again obligated to fix. But either case it will remain being talked about and keep incentives alive.

Look at anthem... Bare any news. It was covered up, washed away... And 2 years later and its officially deceased.

Why would a person deprive themselves of enjoying a good game because they didn't like the developers previous efforts?
It happens in lots of things. Take the Syfy channel. They do make good content. But because I was burned many, many times of good shows getting cancelled before completing. I never watch anything on the station. And their bad track record continues today. 95% of the time, their good shows will get cancelled after season 3/4. it happens like clock work. None of the writing teams have ever prepared to end the series. So no reason to invest.

Same position I have now with CDPR. I haven't bought a game from them before. 2077 was my first. I don't have a problem walking away in looking at the company. EA made one good game, Fallen Order. Haven't bought anything from EA since ME Trilogy. Don't care to. Thanks to their practices. They have to do what Hello Games did. For me to change. Half the blame goes to the marketing team. Half the blame goes to CDPR making a story not fleshed out.

Last edited:
I think we will see the release the 26th this month, not before that and that's fine with me :)

New testing branch uploaded to steam today. So I quess lets forget about release this week.
It could be the final release version (with I assume CDPR's own hacks removed to let testers skip directly to the content to be tested), which they'll just test out today before release.

Why else would they be doing new branch this late?

Well, new things included in patch? Things not working as intended? Extra updates to remove new bugs created by new patch?

I have no idea :)

But I think its safe to assume that testing period takes more than day or two.

But I think its safe to assume that testing period takes more than day or two.

Depends what you're testing.

If they just test the access rights for finished build work, they'll need few hours. If it's something bigger like removing "hacks" that allows them to move faster and level any quest and immortality and other stuff that they might use to test the combat.

Last edited:
I hear people are worrying this patch 1.2 isn't going to bring a lot of people to the game and it's somehow going not to revitalize the game community.

But if you look other games like Doom (2016) which I've played through in 14 hours and have no intention to play anymore, sure it was a fun experience, and despite only 14 hours it doesn't mean the game wasn't a great. Technically you could call the Doom Eternal just "expansion" since it runs the same engine and a lot of the mechanics are unchanged (more polished) from it's 2016 game.

And the game has only been out like half a year and is now having less players than Fallout 4.

https://steamcharts.com/app/782330
https://steamcharts.com/app/377160

And if you check the review scores of Metacritic you see 8.5 for Doom and 5.5 for Fallout 4.
I think it's quite clear none of this has to do with the actual reality of people who enjoy the game and are willing to sink in money for upgrading the experience with expansions and sequels.

People should stop speculating on things that don't really matter and cherry picking statistics that only support their side of the argument. If Doom Eternal had only 1,924 daily players in 2022 and then sequel comes and then sales increase from past titles, daily concurrent players or Metacritic review scores clearly has no connection to sales.

Having a constant stream of people playing on offline game is kinda pointless statistic anyway.
These people might even be playing the game but they just happen to be offline for whatever reason. They might put the steam in offline-mode to allow them some peace for playing the campaign without being harassed by friends to join xyz game.

May I remind that Doom 2016 sold only like 1 million copies on launch month.
Doom Eternal sold 3 million in first week.
Cyberpunk sold over 13 million in launch day.

So if anything, "Cyberpunk 2078" will sell more than two-three times the starting date launch if they're able to upgrade the graphics and the content, slap in some 3rd person cinematic everywhere, put some brutal advertisement of wild life of Night City and the content they're able to create.

There's never been a sequel with less polish and less side activities so I have full confidence in for more polished experiences to come in future.

I can't wait what the next years will bring us.

Little off topic:
Beside the point of 1.2, in fact it might be actually better for Cyberpunk 2077 to receive so much bad press from a release, since it's now being followed everywhere in news, where a title like Doom received far less coverage. Some might even call this the "Trump effect", where something is seemingly so absurd, it gets covered a lot, just because it makes people to comment an talk about it. The more people show up, the more ad-revenue the websites give and the more they get covered.

Once you cover up a lot of certain topic, naturally more people are going to hear about it and eventually that'll convert into more followers.

Btw still going about police chase, I'm not the only one expecting 1.2 to have them.
Fallout has endless replayability. Its an RPG. DOOM is just a FPS, its got one story and then its over. Big difference.
Now, where is that goddamn patch! I want to play my 300$ game.

Fallout has endless replayability. Its an RPG. DOOM is just a FPS, its got one story and then its over. Big difference.
Now, where is that goddamn patch! I want to play my 300$ game.

If history is anything to go by, we still have at least a week to wait.

Could be a bit more too. The 31st is a Wednesday after all :shrug:

On steamdb tehre has been a very recent update to the testing branch, the first after one week... So I guess they are still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom