Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming damage

The part where Jackie falls silent at the food stall to progress just call for your car it caught me out on my third play through.

Cant remember having to do this on my earlier builds im sure the car just arrives.
Ok, thank you very much for the advice! I will try that for sure :)

Incoming damage

The part where Jackie falls silent at the food stall to progress just call for your car it caught me out on my third play through.

Cant remember having to do this on my earlier builds im sure the car just arrives.
No. You have to call it yourself.

You lucky beast, can I borrow your computer? ;)
I can speak only for myself of course, but yeah, I have at least some of these bugs very frequently. Not playing on a newest machine, but still quite powerful one, so I take it it's not the hardware problem. Maybe bad karma, or something? :rolleyes:
They should indeed focus on fixing all this stuff or providing hints to players to optimize their experience. I'm not on PC,but is there a bug report feature for devs?
PCs is even worse than a console for bug fixing,in the console the OS/hardware is a common platform.In a PC you have different OS,hardware and versions on top of whatever software the user installed or mods for the game. Is why in many companies all the computers are the same , with a clone of the software installation and the user cannot install anything not approved by IT... just to avoid IT guys a hell every time a computer doesn't work as expected.

Guest 3847602

I can speak only for myself of course, but yeah, I have at least some of these bugs very frequently. Not playing on a newest machine, but still quite powerful one, so I take it it's not the hardware problem. Maybe bad karma, or something? :rolleyes:
It's only my theory, but I think playing CP2077 on HDD or SSD is determining factor of how many physics-related bugs you're going to experience.

All I can say is that on PC I had a relatively bug-free experience, with a relatively lowend graphics card even. Minor bugs yes, like some glitches, but zero showstoppers and nothing like the catapulting, t-posing, bent streets and whatever else you see on console. For me this was simply a good game with some major pacing issues and a braindead AI in the open world part, but nothing I haven't seen from other games shortly after release, and nothing like the console stuff. TO ME, if I hadn't seen all the videos from the last gen consoles, this game looks like it's relatively easy to bugfix - but maybe just on PC, maybe just on my PC. However, I'm hoping for more than simply bugfixes, the open world part needs some serious rework to be actually enjoyable, not only "working".
Post automatically merged:

It's only my theory, but I think playing CP2077 on HDD or SSD is determining factor of how many physics-related bugs you're going to experience.
Oh yes, I'm pretty sure it highly depends on that, more than on the graphics card it seems.

Sure, it's very possible, but I do have SSD already :) Also, GTX 1070 (newest drivers), Intel Core i7 3.40 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Windows 10. Not sure if that's relevant, I'm not a "hardware" person unfortunately.
Anyway, would be really sweet if these problems were solved somehow by the devs, I can't be the only one experiencing such bugs?

Sure, it's very possible, but I do have SSD already :) Also, GTX 1070 (newest drivers), Intel Core i7 3.40 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Windows 10. Not sure if that's relevant, I'm not a "hardware" person unfortunately.
Anyway, would be really sweet if these problems were solved somehow by the devs, I can't be the only one experiencing such bugs?
Is why I was asking if there is a bug report in-game, they can collect all your hardware/software information and cross-check with their internal databases.
If general PC users see much less issues than you and your HW is within recommended,I will suspect that is something software related on your side.
PS:just to clarify,i don't think cdpr did a good game release...i'm not trying to defend them in all that issue

Is why I was asking if there is a bug report in-game, they can collect all your hardware/software information and cross-check with their internal databases.
If general PC users see much less issues than you and your HW is within recommended,I will suspect that is something software related on your side.
PS:just to clarify,i don't think cdpr did a good game release...i'm not trying to defend them in all that issue
Quite frankly, I never checked if such feature exists in there, I'll see once I'm back in the game, thank you.

Since February 24th no news... At this rate we will have DLC in 2025... If we ever get any. Everyone, and me first, think that this game is dead and totally abandoned because of the little news we have. We don't care about the photo contests etc... We want bug fixes, real bug fixes and content.
We are all patient, very patient even, because we love this game... But we shouldn't push too much and take us for idiots.

It would be stupid for CDPR to simply give up on the game and release multiplayer.

Fix the single player game before they even think about multi player.

Well within specs and comparable to mine, only my Radeon RX580 is even a little lower. But with software it could be a hundred things, or whatever hardware differences there might be. Also, are you still that bug-plagued with the latest hotfix? I only played the game at it's current state, no bad memories of how it was before hotfix 1.12.

Since February 24th no news... At this rate we will have DLC in 2025... If we ever get any. Everyone, and me first, think that this game is dead and totally abandoned because of the little news we have. We don't care about the photo contests etc... We want bug fixes, real bug fixes and content.
We are all patient, very patient even, because we love this game... But we shouldn't push too much and take us for idiots.
Okay, seriously, this gets annoying. The next patch was announced for the 2nd half of march, which only started 3 days ago, and you already declare the game dead because it didn't arrive on the 15th at midnight and CDPR hasn't apologized for that?
Please, can't you at least wait until the end of march before you complain, so you have an actual reason? What do you want them to say? That it's still coming? Or a feature list while they still might not know how much they can pack into it until it's ready?

These people already crunched their asses off, during a pandemic, because they didn't want to delay the game any further, even though they should have. And we got the result we deserved for complaining it's not going fast enough. Apparently that wasn't lesson enough to be just a liiiitle bit more patient. There's zero reason to believe CDPR will just stop patching the game, given their past track record.

Last edited:
Well within specs and comparable to mine, only my Radeon RX580 is even a little lower. But with software it could be a hundred things, or whatever hardware differences there might be. Also, are you still that bug-plagued with the latest hotfix? I only played the game at it's current state, no bad memories of how it was before hotfix 1.12.
The problem is, I really don't know what on my PC might cause problems, friend :( My technical knowledge of hardware and software is very limited, I'm afraid (just know my way around some graphic design programs a bit and a couple of commonly used software).
As for the bugs themselves: well, some of them only happen from time to time and fall under the game's "aesthetics" - which isn't a tragedy, I guess. Some though are really annoying and even breaking gameplay, like the one with character teleportation upon collision with objects / surfaces. It all still happens after 1.12 patch, at least on my side.
Anyway, all this stuff from me here was just to emphasize problems that still exist in the game at least for some people - really thought that these are more common. Don't want to spam this thread with my personal issues anymore though :) , sorry for that!

Last edited:
Fair enough, but I would think there are still more people waiting for CP77 updates and willing to give it a chance than were on Anthem. Hell, even Fallout 76 is relatively active now, and nothing could beat that shitshow - but Fallout still has lots of fans having seen some potential I guess. :)

Fallout 76 was also in a series of other Fallout games, so the hype and belief that it will be good eventually was there.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a new IP from CDPR so the belief isn't there as it's not something they've done before so to speak, but it should be as they got rave reviews with The Witcher (I haven't played it as that era of games doesn't really interest me).

EDIT to add your post (I quoted the wrong one sorry)

You wrote :
(Junky animation, broken ugly V model in-game. Floating items. Npcs suddenly changing vertical position. Npcs and cars vanishing / appearing in front of our eyes. Items frequently blowing off near our character. Unconsious npcs blowing off and changing into a bloody pulp when we want to put them on the ground while sneaking (very frequent). Speaking dead npcs. Hostile npcs sometimes spawning under the ground or within buildings, not letting us "clear" the area / crime scene.
Quest bugs: in one of my newer builds, in the prologue, Jackie falls silent after giving me a card at the food stall outside V's megabuilding. It results in not letting me leave the scene and progress in the game. Reloading earlier saves doesn't help.
Serious collision problems, not just visually but gameplay-wise: this one is an absolute TOP PRIORITY - my character VERY often is teleported forward or sideways when I walk on uneven surfaces, it sometimes results in serious injuries or even death; it also breaks the stealth approach, because this glitch suddenly moves my character out of hiding place. CDPR, please fix this.

Any "alive Night City / activities / barber / plastic surgery" stuff can wait, if these are planned at all. Please focus on core things that EXIST in the game already, so that at least some of us can finish it without constant annoyances. Thank you.)

My reply :
I played cyberpunk initially on the xbox one, so I'll see you all those issues and raise you 1 hourly crashes and a complete shutdown every 3 hours..
Managed to have one mission (where you rescue Saul) suffer from three out of the (reported) possible 4 bugs in a single attempt. I was pretty chuffed with that one actually.
So yeah I definitely agree with you about the bugs being the focus of the next patch. People have been writing their 900 word wishlists asking for half a game worth of features for patch 1.2 and I think some perspective is in order.

I'm not sure where things stand regarding the PlayStation store but that certainly seems to be the general consensus. Maybe both older gen consoles will get some love. Also the broken perks should be in there somewhere.
Fingers crossed for the projectile launcher alternative ammo situation, and gorilla arms opening doors. As well as the Not getting quickhacks from access points bug.
That's pretty much what I am hoping for anyway.

Last edited:
(Junky animation, broken ugly V model in-game. Floating items. Npcs suddenly changing vertical position. Npcs and cars vanishing / appearing in front of our eyes. Items frequently blowing off near our character. Unconsious npcs blowing off and changing into a bloody pulp when we want to put them on the ground while sneaking (very frequent). Speaking dead npcs. Hostile npcs sometimes spawning under the ground or within buildings, not letting us "clear" the area / crime scene.
Quest bugs: in one of my newer builds, in the prologue, Jackie falls silent after giving me a card at the food stall outside V's megabuilding. It results in not letting me leave the scene and progress in the game. Reloading earlier saves doesn't help.
Serious collision problems, not just visually but gameplay-wise: this one is an absolute TOP PRIORITY - my character VERY often is teleported forward or sideways when I walk on uneven surfaces, it sometimes results in serious injuries or even death; it also breaks the stealth approach, because this glitch suddenly moves my character out of hiding place. CDPR, please fix this.

Any "alive Night City / activities / barber / plastic surgery" stuff can wait, if these are planned at all. Please focus on core things that EXIST in the game already, so that at least some of us can finish it without constant annoyances. Thank you.)

I played cyberpunk initially on the xbox one, so I'll see you all those issues and raise you 1 hourly crashes and a complete shutdown every 3 hours..
Managed to have one mission (where you rescue Saul) suffer from three out of the (reported) possible 4 bugs in a single attempt. I was pretty chuffed with that one actually.
So yeah I definitely agree with you about the bugs being the focus of the next patch. People have been writing their 900 word wishlists asking for half a game worth of features for patch 1.2 and I think some perspective is in order.

I'm not sure where things stand regarding the PlayStation store but that certainly seems to be the general consensus. Maybe both older gen consoles will get some love. Also the broken perks should be in there somewhere.
Fingers crossed for the projectile launcher alternative ammo situation, and gorilla arms opening doors. As well as the Not getting quickhacks from access points bug.
That's pretty much what I am hoping for anyway.

Sounds like you've had a bad experience, I play on One X and haven't seen half the issues that everyone else has! I had a complete shutdown once when going into a braindance when you meet the monk in the park. Seems the patches affect everyone differently.

Any chance of a brief summary, for the hard of thinking? :)

Sounds like you've had a bad experience, I play on One X and haven't seen half the issues that everyone else has! I had a complete shutdown once when going into a braindance when you meet the monk in the park. Seems the patches affect everyone differently.
Sorry, had some issues with the auto merge 'feature' on the forum.
Anyway yeah, no exaggeration. All the bugs and glitches mentioned in the post I can recall having them. Except the Jackie failing to speak one. Could probably add a few more.
But like the poster mentions, it was mostly all cosmetic or minor niggles - the actual game breaking problems were in the minority for much of my first play through, and I ended up really enjoying the game.

Last edited:
A brief summary of?

What changed in the internal build based on SteamDB?

No one knows and there is no way to know.
Ah - sorry I had a quick look at it but couldn't make sense of a lot of it, so I figured it might be worth asking. Could have been just me not having enough sleep.. :p
Thanks for the reply anyway though.

Ah - sorry I had a quick look at it but couldn't make sense of a lot of it, so I figured it might be worth asking. Could have been just me not having enough sleep.. :p
Thanks for the reply anyway though.

Unfortunately not, we can see what files get updated but what the actual changes are and, by extension, what it would mean inside the game is completely unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom