Patch 1.2, hello, comments

+
Patch 1.2, hello, comments

So, apparently, CDPR guys were either joking when they told us that comments won't return in a new patch or their coders forgot to remove them. My question is: will there be a new patch in a day or two to remove these comments? Seriously, guys, please, decide whether you're giving us commented scripts or not.

P.S. Please, "summon" someone from CDPR here, I forgot how to do it.

Why would they remove the scripting comments?. Did the guys mention why they intended to do so?

1: the informative ones are pretty helpful
2: the rest are pretty funny xD

win:win?

If it's for spoiler reasons, there's literally no point. The name of files, and the script functions themselves can be riddled with spoilers.

Tip: Stay out of the Environmental CSV / definition files for each area you've not completed yet. Those are hotspots for bad spoilers...I'd have liked if somebody had said that to me back then :sadpandaface:

Last edited:
Wait, what.

Can you PM me these? This sounds hilarious.

This was a joke by @Vinthir:

Well. let's say programmers held Yen vs Triss wars in comments and we really didn't want one of the great sorceresses to think we are partial to the other based on that

Update mods or not update mods? That is the question?

I'm waiting for an official comment on this matter before starting an update process only to discover that 1.22 patch has these comments removed.

Why would they remove the scripting comments?. Did the guys mention why they intended to do so?

Because there's swearing in comments and other purely internal things you usually avoid to make public. But yes, some of those are hilarious, this is one of my favorites:
// I DARE YOU
// I DOUBLE DARE YOU
// USE return IN THIS FUNCTION AGAIN AND
// I'LL SEND HARPIES TO YOUR HOME IN THE NIGHT
//
// YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

This was a joke by @Vinthir:

I'm waiting for an official comment on this matter before starting an update process only to discover that 1.22 patch has these comments removed.

Because there's swearing in comments and other purely internal things you usually avoid to make public. But yes, some of those are hilarious, this is one of my favorites:

Lol, I don't see the big deal, tbh. Have they gotten all fancy since they've become really big.

I say leave them in...yep, rebels would leave them in :p :stoptrolling:

*hides*

Whyyyy did you let them know?
I'd rather have all the patches with comments, because at least then i can understand what #J, #B, and all the coders wanted in some places.
Not to mention code that's interesting. Dang.

Whyyyy did you let them know?
I'd rather have comments too, but they made it clear back then that comments won't return and now it looks like they forgot to remove them. This means double work for us, modders, when they discover it and remove comments in the next patch.

Well the truth is we were so busy working on all the new content that we forgot about the comments.
Thanks for visiting us here :) Can we expect some quick fix for that? Or maybe not so "quick" but when you guys wipe up all patch issues.

I see and I understand but I do not yet know what we shall do. I will investigate though. Thank you for directing my attention to this issue.

EDIT:

Well the truth is we were so busy working on all the new content that we forgot about the comments.

Please, pretty please, we need an answer to this as soon as you will decide what to do.

Top Bottom