Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
Maybe in 6 months this game will be what it was supposed to be.
Six months, or six years, it will never be what some people think it was "supposed to be".
The patch isnt released yet, only the patch nites, and it says release date "cooming soon" so may be their fail to deliver the patch in second half, and this is LATE OR LAST DAY OF MONTH NOT SECOND HALF
Honestly, it looks like CDPR is done with the patch. When the player gets it depends on when the platform provider gives it to them. I hope CDPR isn't trying to coordinate a simultaneous release across all platforms.
That's a great long list of fixes (ending with "and many more", no less). One small thing, however - though perhaps too late for this one already: in the patch notes, can you actually group the various fixes in their respective categories? Or at least group all the quest-related fixes together? I mean, how is "Fixed an issue where a player could die right before the scene transition in Play It Safe resulting in blocked progression." a UI fix?
Grouping all the quest fixes together would allow people who want to avoid potential spoilers to skip over those when reading the list.
They could have done a better job editing, yes. As for how stuff got into the wrong category, assuming that someone did not accidentally paste into the wrong section, sometimes the "department" that fixes something doesn't line up with how the players see the game.

Another place where an editor needs to step in is that they refer to "V" as "Player" in too many places. Player's getting electrocuted. Players dying. This game is really tough on the customers. :)

Hmm, I love how everyone switched from hate to praise...
I have a bad feeling, that this patch was only a show off for the investors, and the rest of patches will be one tenth of it's size, just like the previous ones were.
But go on CDPR, surprise me.

Still no walk button for PC? Is it hard to apply?
AND ALSO I AM SO DISSAPOINTED WITH THE POLICE SPAWNING, IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT? I WANT POLICE CAR CHASE JUST LIKE IN GTA V!
body, thats how wanted systems work.... this isnt GTA. maybe we get car chases one time, but again, this isnt GTA.

Its a CDPR game. its rich in stroy and characters. it kicks GTA butt in that regard. if you want gta, play gta.

I wonder what's the "and many more" at the end of the patch list means...
Is this the full extent of patch notes, or are we expected to receive additional information before the patch release?

I am not expecting any additional word from them. There is always something that gets fixed that is not in the patch notes. Perhaps it is not included because it isn't something that the players have noticed, or something that the players would notice. Maybe it is something that is just hard to summarize for someone not familiar with the game's design. Sometimes, it is because they simply forget to add the note to the list.

As for your list, I doubt they are going to do any major rebalancing. This is very subjective, so it is best handled by mods so the player can pick the balance that they want.

Hmm, I love how everyone switched from hate to praise...
I was expecting more whining. The patch notes are considerably larger than I expected, and people are still stunned and reading through it all. As they realize that their pet fix is not in there, they will wake up and resume the funeral for the game. :)

• The "One more gig" message will no longer be displayed when the game ends and there is no Point of No Return save.
Does this mean i can't continue playing after choosing an ending like it is right now?

You can't possibly expect them to release patches containing 500 fixes with every update. They'll probably release minor patches and quickfixes from now on. They now need to concentrate on DLC, new content and possibly some more QoL and AI improvement.
But not 5 fixes either...
The game is not in such state they could afford it.

ya1

Forum regular
Congrats CDPR on fixing so many issues in spite of everything. I completely disagree with the priorities but I know there isn't time for everything. However, I hope that the issues such as AI, game balance and certain elements of character progression (perks, stats, functioning of certain abilities) are being worked on right now. The disillusionment with CDPR integrity, ethics and true commitment to quality many ex-fans experienced after CP release will not be dispelled by mere bugfixes.

To all naysayers: are you happy now?

No. Before people try to frame this as a meteor shower of CDPR benevolence, here's a little thought: about 95% of all that are BUG FIXES. The length of the patch notes only shows how bad the release was.

With AI, rpg elements, balance and open world content and many other things untouched, the game is still miles behind what is to be considered as a finished quality gaming product. I say good job. Mission complete 5%. Back to work, respectfully.

This list is great! Thanks for the updating!
Some of us were just worriing that they may not on track.
But now, even if we all know other problems are still in game (of course), I believe CDPR are working hard and those problems can be solved finally.
Best wishes for CDPR's bright future, and for Cyberpunk 2077!

Last edited:
Top Bottom