Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
That's a big patch, but man this is all basic stuff that should've been required before the game released.

Everyone is all "haha I bet this shuts all the haters up!" but I wonder why that would be the case. I played through this game on PC with comparatively very few glitches and interruptions what I've heard a lot of people experienced. I played on the highest settings with a pretty good framerate throughout (roughly 80-110 fps, but that's a pretty wide variance, so hopefully that's stabilized with this update).

My progression was not halted, my game did not crash, and my saves did not get corrupted. My disappointment with this game is how absolutely bland it is. Just as the primary story started to get somewhat interesting, it ended (and all the endings are a major bummer). The best story experiences were found in some of the entirely optional and missable side quests, and even those were sometimes far too brief. When I decided to shift my efforts to clearing the map of side missions and quest markers, I actually began to hate this game. There is absolutely no reason to invest the time to complete all these filler missions; they're all the same, all cookie-cutter.

There is a huge lack of content here, contrasting to what was originally promised. Missing sections of the city, missing gameplay elements, missing follow-up to story elements established in your intro/life path missions, missing customization options to your character's history, etc.

Also, in a game that takes place in a world with such a heavy emphasis on body modification and manipulating outward appearance, the fact that I can't even get a haircut, let alone modify anything else about my appearance, is absurd. The decision by the higher-ups to switch the game to first-person kills the enjoyment I would get out of finding and equipping all manner of cool looking outfits, consequently nullifying the one aspect of visual customization this game actually does have.

And so now with this patch that makes an average and incomplete-feeling FPS run a bit smoother, we're supposed to fall in love with it? Absolutely not. This game needs a MASSIVE content patch/update/overhaul, and until then, people have every right to continue to be disappointed in it.
They could have fixed the perks. Half of the perks just NOT working seems like a big issue but I'm not sure that CDPR has even acknowledged that problem. Also, I agree entirely this game is boring and 90% dialog.

Great work chooms, My V is going to appreciate :) . Never stop fighting!

photomode_28032021_193307.png

I also skimmed over the patch notes looking at the console section for ps4, did anyone notice if they mentioned anywhere that they fixed the shard notification issue? Very minor issue, but it does it twice in a row everytime you pick one up and I often think it's a notification for something else that I just picked up next to it, but it's just the same message for the same shard repeated twice every single time.

Eitherway, nice job! I hope this improves a lot of the wonkiness on playstation, it was pretty rough on base ps4.

That's a big patch, but man this is all basic stuff that should've been required before the game released.

Everyone is all "haha I bet this shuts all the haters up!" but I wonder why that would be the case. I played through this game on PC with comparatively very few glitches and interruptions what I've heard a lot of people experienced. I played on the highest settings with a pretty good framerate throughout (roughly 80-110 fps, but that's a pretty wide variance, so hopefully that's stabilized with this update).

My progression was not halted, my game did not crash, and my saves did not get corrupted. My disappointment with this game is how absolutely bland it is. Just as the primary story started to get somewhat interesting, it ended (and all the endings are a major bummer). The best story experiences were found in some of the entirely optional and missable side quests, and even those were sometimes far too brief. When I decided to shift my efforts to clearing the map of side missions and quest markers, I actually began to hate this game. There is absolutely no reason to invest the time to complete all these filler missions; they're all the same, all cookie-cutter.

There is a huge lack of content here, contrasting to what was originally promised. Missing sections of the city, missing gameplay elements, missing follow-up to story elements established in your intro/life path missions, missing customization options to your character's history, etc.

Also, in a game that takes place in a world with such a heavy emphasis on body modification and manipulating outward appearance, the fact that I can't even get a haircut, let alone modify anything else about my appearance, is absurd. The decision by the higher-ups to switch the game to first-person kills the enjoyment I would get out of finding and equipping all manner of cool looking outfits, consequently nullifying the one aspect of visual customization this game actually does have.

And so now with this patch that makes an average and incomplete-feeling FPS run a bit smoother, we're supposed to fall in love with it? Absolutely not. This game needs a MASSIVE content patch/update/overhaul, and until then, people have every right to continue to be disappointed in it.
You are completely free to be disappointed with something that didn't turn out the way you expected it, but at this point to expect a complete overhaul is imo simply unrealistic. Might be time for you to accept the fact you made a bad purchase and move on with your life. Shit happens - wasted 60$ aren't the end of the world. I wasted 30 times that amount on things that I ended up being disappointed with and simply moved on.

Also such massive patches are always good. When bugs are smoothed out and performance improved they can start working on bringing new content or even things that didn't make the cut, because of time restraints. How people fail to see this is beyond me, but then I always prefered to focus on the positives, rather than dwelling over the negatives and remain constantly disappointed by everything.

Exactly, now we are supposed to worship them and forget about everything that happened until now. Some of the fixes are actually so insignificant or useless ( you can buy cat food now, yey) that I had to read twice because I did not believe what I was looking at. It's all smoke and mirrors just to appease the higher ups and the people ready to sue them at the first sight of imcompetence.

Did everyone who has mods applied to this game see this:??

• ' Modding: Added a new "mod" folder for loading modded archives. The modded archives can be named in any way and go into the "mod" folder now. Having mod archives in the "patch" folder is no longer supported. '
This means ALL your mods will stop working where you have them in /patch... so BACK UP your mod archive files from /patch now into a convenient folder someplace you can locate them, as they will ALL need to be re-installed into this new 'mod' folder once the update creates it...

Let's hope they still work... firstly will Cyber Engine Tweaks still work as that is the base that supports many other mods.... there's no mention of the mods that currently go into the bin/x64/plugins folder like CET which currently contains the its own 'mods' folder...and into which the folders for many major (non 'patch') mod folders go like FreeFly, Appearance Menu, Appearance Changer, TPP third person and Teleport GatewaySystem and others like .lua files...

Hopefully there will be some pointers on the Nexus site on this issue soon...

You guys are awesome,i mean yeah it was you job to do fix the game, but it was worth to buy it day on how it was, but with all this fixes, make it still more proud of all of you guys. Hope have the time test it and make all this work for the best of all people that have an inssue. Love so so so much this game!! And im very exited to played other another run with this patch and wait for the dlc or mor content.

Did everyone who has mods applied to this game see this:??

• ' Modding: Added a new "mod" folder for loading modded archives. The modded archives can be named in any way and go into the "mod" folder now. Having mod archives in the "patch" folder is no longer supported. '
This means ALL your mods will stop working where you have them in /patch... so BACK UP your mod archive files from /patch now into a convenient folder someplace you can locate them, as they will ALL need to be re-installed into this new 'mod' folder once the update creates it...

Let's hope they still work... firstly will Cyber Engine Tweaks still work as that is the base that supports many other mods.... there's no mention of the mods that currently go into the bin/x64/plugins folder like CET which currently contains the its own 'mods' folder...and into which the folders for many major (non 'patch') mod folders go like FreeFly, Appearance Menu, Appearance Changer, TPP third person and Teleport GatewaySystem and others like .lua files...

Hopefully there will be some pointers on the Nexus site on this issue soon...

CET will be broken due to the version change, but as far as this change goes, it shouldn't cause any issues. Yamashi has been waiting for the patch before deploying another update anyway. Either way our team will be on top of it almost immediately.

I was hoping for a fix for this.

Pictured below, Judy standing in her apartment having a face-to-face conversation with V about how glad she is to no longer be in NC, how great Oregon is, and telling V it's a good time to talk cos she's currently driving.
photomode_27032021_224030.png

I'm just glad the actual list of fixes is this extensive, the development insight with 4 fixes gave the impression of laziness, in fact i still don't quite understand pointing those 4 fixes out as most impressive, with such a list of improvements to choose from. But this reassures me the development is still being taken seriously and the future should be bright. Thanks for your commitment.

Top Bottom