Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
try fixing the shadow of the character as well hehe kinda looks like a robot and sometimes I see it T-posing while equipping weapons and Projectile Launcher. also, make the gig quests longer I guess?

Big amount of issues may be related to bugs with pathfinding for the NPCs. And there is in patch notes mention about fixes related to it. I played long enough to notice that in some places were NPCs really tough opponents, and on some like fishes in barrel. Next issue was slow reation of NPCs to V's position change. This also may be already adressed in patch. What I really do not understand is, why to be so impatient and do not test first the changes in game (hopefully in day or two), before continue with complains right after release of the patch notes. And there are some of points which may hide behind simple sentence huge amount of work.
I am more of a middle of the road guy. I am not sailing on the "all is good" ship lollipop, just as I am equally not ready to burn the house down. My biggest complaints about this game are simple. It is not a good representation of the source material (a table top game). And it did not do justice to the artists and developers who poured their hearts into it. Releasing a huge patch fixing bugs is great, but nothing in these patch notes, the preceding patches, or the press releases made by CDPR has yet to convince me that they are actually going to address many of the changes that players are hoping for. I really hope they do. But you really need to ask yourself, would you buy a table top game with a really pretty cover where stats and choices had no effect on your game? I am still waiting for that hint that they are committing themselves to make the game great. I really hope they do.

Huge list but big problems like very bad IA, bad animations (for example swimming ones), missing animations (for example when you leave a car you was driving fast), bullets that can hit enemies between one or more walls and no nudity are still here.

The only thing that is keeping me from playing is the clothing store glitch where legendary specs vanish forever after 1st visit. I didn't see it in the notes so my copy sits waiting...

I'm happy with this massive list of changes; I hope CD drops this patch by tomorrow to coincide with the big conference.

Does hiding the NPC names include hiding the floating merchant and quest icons that in your view of all the time? PLEASE add that as an option if it's not too late! We really need it for more immersion.

Also there seems to be a lot of changes to make things easier. Definitely need a harder difficulty option added in the future.

But for now, more UI customisation options please!

Thank you.
I also wanna be able to hide all Loot Icons, except maybe the really valuable stuff like Legendary & Iconic gear, to remove the "looter shooter" vibe the game has. If I find random loot on my own, I want it to feel rewarding, not just looting everything I see, simply because an icon tells me to pick everything up.

Last edited:
  • Max Jones will no longer leave his room in Gig: Freedom of the Press before V comes in if V starts shooting the turrets.

Is this the fix of when entering the building you get it immediately failed?

IMO this is a good start..but not great though..and I see a lot of people already throwing out their lists of stuff to add and asking what about this and that..well this game isn't long enough for all the stuff you ask for, so its pointless..this game is very linear with a extremely short story and that should be the next focus after this patch..making the story longer and fix up all the broken romantic areas in the game that just end and don't go nowhere.

Me at the beginning of the list...

20 minutes later...

Keep up the great work chooms and don't forget to breathe :D.

Good list of bug fixes. Assuming it doesn't introduce a bunch of new problems, this should get the game back up on the Playstation store. I think we also now have a better idea of what mods will be required to fix. Hopefully this stabilizes the game sufficiently for most people that mod makers will be confident in really tearing apart and rebuilding some of the AI scripting -- assuming that's possible.

They literally used Viktor from 2018 Demo for patch 1.2 thumbnail View attachment 11202262View attachment 11202259

With the image of Viktor 2018 perhaps they are telling us: we know what you want and we are on the right track. Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but I am so excited that they have taken such a positive turn in the development of the game that I am very happy for the good work they are doing.

Everything that had to be canceled or eliminated can be taken up again if Cyberpunk 2077 is profitable in the medium and long term. If the future stories that they are going to tell us are good, they will have great success, a large amount of money and they will be able to continue developing greater complexity in history, AI .....

I, like millions of people, are looking forward to knowing more stories in a more complex and elaborate Night city than the current one. If the base of the game is free of errors you can work on all this, I'm sure.

In a few years we will remember the problems of Cyberpunk 2077 when it was released, but without a doubt we will remember and enjoy much more how incredible this first Cyberpunk 2077 game became that I hope it is not the last.

Last edited:
Did you guys all see where it said that we're now able to craft MULTIPLE items at once instead of one at a time? :) We can now finally power-level the Crafting Skill legitimately... putting them thousands of Common and Uncommon Crafting Components from our Inventory to good use, Haha!

Also, ads streaming in their proper high-res textures is so nice. They'd be looking blurry as hell sometimes, even when super up-close, and sometimes they'd look nice and sharp...

UI fixes are amazing. The weapon crosshair staying on was so annoying, when you put your weapon away. I had to disable it completely, and miss out on all the nice crosshairs for each weapon.

Lethal/non-lethal methods for dealing with Cyberpshychos fixed + reward for dealing with all of them? Nice! Finally!

Being able to withdraw the money from Meredith Stout's Militech Shard? FINALLY! LOL. That alone is a reason to start a new game. The Flathead Bot cost, how much, again? 10,000 eddies? So imagine having that at the start of the game, now...

I also saw the option to hide names of NPCs and increase size of NPC background chat subtitles! Very nice!

I'd also like the option to be able to turn off the Loot Icons for Junk Items, Food, etc... everything apart from Legendary and Iconic Gear... It would remove the "looter shooter" vibe the game currently has. If I find junk on my own to dismantle/sell, cool, but I don't wanna be forced to pick everything up because an icon tells me to.

There's so, so much... it's overwhelming. I read it all and I have to say, good work, guys!
I hope the guitar riff loop in Johnny's mission to rescue Alt stops LOL! It ruined Rebel's Path song.

This update should have been the initial release and you could have added promised fatures later but since 1.04 how many bugs have been fixed it shows how game is incomplete

Does "In The Pickup, it's no longer possible to trigger both scenarios at the same time: a peaceful deal with Maelstrom and fighting them." mean, that I can no longer go on peaceful exchange and in mid of negotiation shoot the boss man as I did before?

This update should have been the initial release and you could have added promised fatures later but since 1.04 how many bugs have been fixed it shows how game is incomplete
Welp, let's roll off the patch guys. It's too late for this anyway. :D

Why?

What would mentioning how long the list of fixes was going to be change?

Things would've went down the same way. Look at this thread. They produced exactly what they said they would - a big patch to fix bugs. We got a few QoL improvements thrown in there and, yet, there are plenty who are still unhappy because they didn't get what they expected of the patch. Regardless of how unrealistic what they wanted was in the given timeframe or how what they expected was never the point of 1.2.

:shrug:
I dont think a keybind for toggle walk is that unrealistic, nor overhaling the minimap, or just zooming it out so i dont miss every turn.
But it does say + more, so still hoping.

Dudes that's a lot. Mostly good things with a few oh really things. A couple of Wat? things. But mostly good so it's ok. Whatever. Carry on. Can I please have an update on when you're going to pay me for this comment?

Top Bottom