Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
TPP mod (third person view) is my only casualty after Patch 1.2

Installed Patch 1.2
Installed new version CET issued today for Patch 1.2 then logged in, no issues.
Reinstalled TPP (v27) in the CET/Mods folder when it did not work on first login

cannot get TPP third person mod to activate with the key bind set, even though re-installed, maybe doesn't work with new CET? everything else working that depends on CET, mods including Appearance Menu, FreeFly, TeleportGateway etc all working fine with no reinstall needed fine, but only TPP doesn't work. CET Console recognises it as a mod installed, and lets me bind the key but then the key does not activate the TPP view in game...

I have posted on TPP nexus page and also Github so if you are using this mod comment on if it still works for you after Patch 1.2?

Now imagine going into one of those fights with a character with zero gun skills, which we should be able to role play as as it's literally one of the main classes.
Every Role has its pros and cons, if you allocate 0 skill to guns or melee weapons then there will be some missions which you will either not be able to do, or be exceedingly difficult. Thats one of the componenets of a role playing game.

aside from the system reset nerf that completely breaks my build (thanks, dripping in sarcasm), I am really pleased with this patch for the most part so far. Items with multiple mods still show the incorrect stats they add (armadillo mods for instance i have 4 totaling in about 800 armor but it shows increases armor by 1600+ 4 times) but at least show the proper armor value. Crit mods stack now which is nice and other little things I noticed were fixed. However, the changes you made to steering made the porsche (my favourite car), and probably others completely undriveable with a keyboard. Porsches are known for having good handling, now this thing turns slower than a tank, I have to e-brake every single turn now. I tried adjusting the deadzones and stuff but it just made it worse. This change would have been nice, if the new default was the same as it was pre-patch.

Did you read the patch notes? The answer is yes, after you get all of his items (Breathtaking achievement).
I did, but skipped some of them. I did search by keywords to find it but came up with nothing... Thank you for responding.

>tranquilizer and system reset nerf
>item dupe fix

sketch-1617057376752.jpg

Other than that thanks for the patch, cdpr, really cool

>tranquilizer and system reset nerf
>item dupe fix

View attachment 11202784
Other than that thanks for the patch, cdpr, really cool
im ok with the exploit fixes, i never duped items anyways. but the system reset nerf really REALLY turns me off. It completely broke my current build. I was already powerful enough to kill all these minibosses and psychos before I even got system reset. I don't care if it makes fights trivial, it's how I want to play the game after all the grinding I did to get here.

Am I having a brain fart or is Vik's clinic different now? Seems bigger and has more stuff. It's been a good few weeks since I last played though so I could be mistaken.

Guest 4400165

Holy crap! Thanks for the incredibly hard work, you guys!
Might start my 3rd playthrough now.

Hopefully this will calm even the most ever unsatisfied players and everyone can put that stupid NCPD crap behind themselves and move on.
Post automatically merged:

*waiting for the usual "But no car chases!!!" cries coming from the distance...*

It sure is an impressive list, good work CDPR.

Yeah, or that stupid police thing everyone can't play without.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the greatest change log in the history of gaming. this entire team has done nothing but put love, blood, sweat, and tears into this game. thank you for everything you're doing. i love the game.

Impressive list of fixes, and great it's being done. Not so impressive is that this many things were wrong with the game.

I know this is basically just a fixit patch, which is needed, but it's not enough to make me jump back into the game. For one thing, I really didn't run into a zillion bugs, just a smattering which I'll be glad are gone (although it lists nothing about audio, and voices, tvs, and radio were all over the place in my pc game). But the things that made me quit are more gameplay oriented. For starters, I want to be able to change my look without having to use a mod or start over, a better mini-map, food stands that make sense and have some immersion level, some major revamp to the clothing quality alongside the clothing as armor system, more romance options, more end of story options. Until gameplay changes for the better this will never be a go to game for me.

Last edited:
It is clear that we must demand more patches ... encouragement CDPR development team there is still a lot of work to be done ... the game is still undercooked :cry:
I'm not doing this post to detract from the work that is being done, which I certainly applaud and encourage you to continue, but sorry, patch 1.2 can't be the last big patch, by any means ... Take a break deserved but please come back with strength and prepare patch 1.3 !!!

Last edited:
<* sigh *> What about the walk-key? Transitioning between Regular run and Walk is needed, because if you 'walk' besides the quest-NPC (say Takemura), you'll run/walk really fast. When with a single toggle you could walk slowly or at the same pace as the quest-NPC. It's not super-important, but it would be nice for those of us making videos and uploading on Youtube showing our stories.

One semi-important bug that needs to be fixed (if it isn't already taken care of) is the brain-dance HUD-element that is persistent after exiting the brain-dance during the quest The Hunt. Another issue with the same quest is the persistent playing of that cartoon after closing the laptop.

Probably the worst bug is when game-streaming cuts off. You¨ll notice when sound-files no longer plays/goes silent, and then the graphics glitches completely out. Not good when you make videos of your play-through!!

And any DLC isn't important right now, you need to polish this game so new bugs doesn't crop up when you add things in the future.

But other than that, the list of fixes seems pretty good.

Edit. After playing 710 hours since launch, I have found ways to minimize the immersion-breaking bugs - say, when Johnny is on the quest to save Alt, and the intro-music keeps playing when they're in the elevator on the war-path. A simple load after exiting the elevator will fix this.

Last edited:
Wow what a long list! I don't know if I can read it all, maybe you can sort it like this to make it easier to read:
Changes and additions are listed first, then fixes are listed at the end.
Thank you guys and keep up the good work <3

Top Bottom