Patch 1.2

+
This patch made game worse for me. Before this patch FPS was about minimum 17-20. Now it is stable 5-8 FPS when I running. Terrible and not playable.

This patch made game worse for me. Before this patch FPS was about minimum 17-20. Now it is stable 5-8 FPS when I running. Terrible and not playable.
try restarting your pc and starting the game without anything in the background. Onced i closed my chrome browser and then I got much more fps. weird but it can help to restart the pc and start the game without anything in the background.

Still cannot remap 'F' button to actually activate anything
Don't get me wrong, this is an impressive patch, and I really am grateful for all the fixes. But what is the point of being able to remap all the other keys if 'F' is still hard-coded as one of the single most critical buttons?
I remapped all my keys to the right side of the keyboard, but I still have to reach over to 'F' to activate... ANYTHING.
I can't fast travel, I can't choose a dialog option, I can't choose a quickhack in combat.
This is almost worse than not fixing it :-|

im deleted the game now and im doing a fresh install now. Will load my savegame after that and look if my photomode bug still exists!

With all the feedback from many threads, I wonder what's the "real" (average) performance (across all the platforms, drivers, OS, HW,...), where are the bottlenecks and how some of the game systems are very detailed and polished while others are basically horrible and unusable...

There's like super-long view distance, weather and lighting effects, extremely detailed functional models, televisions and radios everywhere, but e.g. crowd, car and police AI seem basically braindead, water isn't reactive (not that it really matters to me) and stuff...

How it's possible that so many players on the same old-gen consoles report so huge performance differences?
I mean, both HW and SW is exactly the same, no?
Maybe it's the version of OS, drivers, or e.g. available disc space (e.g. used for caching or swapping...?)?

My best guess is thread prioritization, IO throughput and platform/HW-hardcoded optimalization.
Streaming on old-gen consoles may take a long time and that's the cause of popping or low-quality models and stuff...?
Threads do not have enough CPU time to run all the game systems in real-time and so are (manually) postponed (until the very last moment), which leads to e.g. instantaneous weather changes (they were more famous in Witcher3), etc...?
And hardcoded optimization of course can do stuff like disabling half of the graphics on consoles, reducing crowd density, fixing fps limit or faking or disabling some of the effects,...?

They're working now on DLC. Only hotfixes and small updates will come out till then.
35eeefe4c17d22beff2f04e11d515fa6e5ef4136.jpg

Last edited:
So I had a lot of crashing issues after the update. I decided to deinstall the game through steam. This didnt remove my save files, so after I downloaded and installed it, I didnt have to import them manually. I tested those places which caused my game to crash and this time everything went great, no crashes.
Summary: People who experience problems after 1.2 update should reinstall the game and see if that fixes their issues.

There is no traffic settings on playstation console. I looked and could have missed it but there was never this issue until patch 1.1
My mistake, I'm on ps4 too I thought I'd seen something in the patch notes. Just turned mine on and there is definitely plenty of npc and cars around metro/ megabuilding, but less so out towards the docks etc

So far I haven't found any items lying on the ground that I couldn't pick up with this latest patch, that was one of my biggest pet peeves with the game. I hope that trend keeps as I continue playing.

let them breath . they just released the big patch 1.2 They are Humans not Robots.
As true as that may be, the more I play, the more I see how little the patch has really changed on base XB1 in terms of performance and quality. I trully hope this is just a prelude to further patches, because a lot still needs to be done to improve it on my platform and make it an enjoyable experience.

And no, I'm not just complaining for sake of it, I wouldn't be saying it unless I meant it and had reason for it. Considering the size of it and what was said, I expected an obvious improvement.

• "Player can no longer cancel fall damage by performing a slide action when about to fall from greater heights"

😑😑😐
Tsk².

why? what happened?
It was unplayable from the start on ps4, then later it was a little better after one of the patches and now it is like before again...

it works even worse than ever: fps stutters, glitches, hang-ups, pop ins are now closer than before, weird animations, police spawns literally 5 meters further than before - that's suppose to fix sth? xD Its literally monty python of the game industry. Turned off the game after like 30 seconds. What a shame. I thought they were fixing stuff.

So I had a lot of crashing issues after the update. I decided to deinstall the game through steam. This didnt remove my save files, so after I downloaded and installed it, I didnt have to import them manually. I tested those places which caused my game to crash and this time everything went great, no crashes.
Summary: People who experience problems after 1.2 update should reinstall the game and see if that fixes their issues.
doing it right now but from gog. Have a weird issue with the photomode. Will clearly look if the reinstall will improve performance as well but it was ok so far. Was great so far what I experienced with the patch.
Post automatically merged:

It was unplayable from the start on ps4, than a little better after one of the patches and now it is like before again...

it works even worse than ever: fps stutters, glitches, hang-ups, pop ins are now closer than before, weird animations, police spawns literally 5 meters further than before - that's suppose to fix sth? xD Its literally monty python of the game industry. Turned off the game after like 30 seconds. What a shame. I thought they were fixing stuff.
reinstall the game. This sometimes helps alot when big patches arrive.

doing it right now but from gog. Have a weird issue with the photomode. Will clearly look if the reinstall will improve performance as well but it was ok so far. Was great so far what I experienced with the patch.
Post automatically merged:

reinstall the game. This sometimes helps alot when big patches arrive.
no thanks, im just done with this. Rather play something else. Cheers :howdy:

Still unplayable on base ps4... shaaaame cdpr shame

I just saw this video..

If this video is accurate with measuring the performance, then it is running exactly how I expected and how I've been experiencing it on base PS4, which is noticeably better than what it was previously.

If this is unplayable for some players, then I feel like 80% of your typical AAA game would be unplayable for you on base consoles cause that is how they generally run, fluctuating between 25-30 FPS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom