Patch 1.2

+
Long list of bugfixes, credit to CDPR for that. Mixed bag for me I have to say.

Apologies if Im incorrect with any of these.
Pros:
Blood pump seems to work while you have gorilla arms equipped now. Hopefully the same is true for the other arm cyberware.
Melee weapon vendors have weapon blueprints now.
Crafting multiples of consumables and grenades, useful. Would be more useful if you could do it for every item though.

Cons:
Seems like clothing vendors are still reluctant to sell crafting specs, either clothing or mods. Saw a few specs in one shop, but most had none.
Melee weapon vendors still dont seem to have specs for the melee mods.
Shop UI still doesn't seem to give any indication of which specs you already own. (Or some other method to prevent repurchase.)
Unable to craft multiple componants when you upgrade them, ie x uncommon to make a rare, after buying Tune-Up perk.
Alcohol and soda no longer useful for raw materials. Going to be just as annoying as food to get rid of now. Should have just rebalanced how many componants you could get from them, and allow food items to be disassembled too.
That annoying background whistle that goes off every few seconds is still present. Please include an option to turn it off.

QOL issues perhaps, but constantly irritating throughout the game.
As such looks like I will be waiting for a future patch before I start another replay.

Nope, none at all, maybe more stable and more consistently at 60 when driving around, but I'm still getting the same FPS drops with DLSS at 4k and depth of field at the start of the conversations (drops from 60 to 20 and back to 60 in a few seconds).
I tested this morning. Performance its basically the same.
Some small improvements. But maybe that's from the ram upgrade. I have 16 gb of DDR4 now.
Overall still bad. The shooting is so clunky at such low fps. Cannot play.
Maybe i will never be able to play on this pc.
Here a video with the test:

Untitled.png

4k 60fps o_O
What pc do you have?

Parts of the highway are still spontaneously exploding, npcs gittering, world weather state mods aren't working in some districts. optical camo works though, and driving doesn't tank FPS as much as previously so... it's an improvement. 90 days late and several million short.

The 1.2 update still doesn't make "With a little help from my friends" start if you went to tie up other things before going to meet them at the old station, despite several other fixes listed for that quest in the patch notes.
I suspect it will never be fixed as it should have failed, those you were meant to meet dead (Panam won't answer the phone), but it would be nice if CDPR discussed if that was the case or not, so everyone knew if restarting from an old save was the only option instead of waiting on patches hoping they can start the quest from the meeting point and not having to replay many many hours.

A little bit late for those of us who finished the story and spent hundreds of hours with the game despite everything listed in those patch notes.

Ive played couple hours yesterday - one crash when entering photo mode but thats it. In general feels smoother (but I never complained about PC performance). I think textures load faster although when i take out pistol it spawns in my hands while I do that. Delay might be slightly bigger than before but not sure and its barely noticeable.
Ive noticed less spawning of different NPCs around me which is very nice.
Car handling is probably better.
I like menu improvements.
Unfortunately cars in a city still seem to stop for no reason in various places and traffic needs more improvement.
Maybe less NPCs with missed items in hands - found 2 in couple hours but I also spend most of a time in a badlands with less crowd.

Now what Ive found bugged during that time:

Not sure if that was issue in 1.12. When I drive over huge rocks like that at any speed they desintegrate to million pieces. But like Dex said - Heavier than she looks!
photomode_29032021_193147-studio.jpg

photomode_29032021_193208-studio.jpg

This is a first time when I see wind turbines floating in the air.
photomode_29032021_201323-studio.jpg

When arrived in train station, there was problem with Carol with her partner not fitting in a car.
photomode_29032021_200704-studio.jpg

And this is how militech car looked like when he met a train. I would say this probably happened before but its a first time I noticed it.
photomode_29032021_203146-studio.jpg

So theres still some place for improvement. Also, I think shootings in Night City now effects civilians in a bigger radius. I was driving around and there was a shooting between some gang and police - I could see few running civilians like over 100 meters from a scene. Usually they didnt care that much.

I`m still unable to run mods like improved map or minimal markers. Changed patch folder to mod but no luck. At least toogle walk works for now.

4k 60fps o_O
What pc do you have?

Your problem is the CPU not the RAM or GPU.

I'm on a RTX2080 I7 9700k and 16GB DDR4.
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately cars in a city still seem to stop for no reason in various places and traffic needs more improvement.

Yup, had a drive around the motorway just now for 30 mins and it's happening much, much less than before, but it's still annoying.

There's also a small section where the NPC vehicles just despawn for some reason.

The handling is brilliant now, I was having so much fun, shame I have to go to work :D.

And this is how militech car looked like when he met a train. I would say this probably happened before but its a first time I noticed it.
View attachment 11203003

Happened to me in 1.12.

As for the mods that require CET, perhaps they need to update that first, as for the mod folder it works fine for me with model swaps.

Last edited:
OK, two positive things I've noticed for base XB1... load times are definitely faster. Cinematics (or whatever you call them) have also improved in quality - it's the first time I've ever seen V's car clearly during the prelude cinematic... If they can transfer this quality into the general play zones, this game will look awesome.
I'd agree. For me, the fact that higher quality textures are now loading in means I will be able to enjoy the game without feeling like my eyes are constantly out of focus as decent quality textures appear on the same plane of depth as some real low quality ones. The posters, stickers and decals now show at what I would say is a perfectly reasonable quality.

Ran the PC update. Fired the game up. I completed the game in Nomads before. I'm playing Streets path now. In the middle of the "Big In Japan" side job. I find the unconscious guy in the crate in the shanty town. I pick him up and start for the car. I encounter Tigers. I did this all before in Nomads with no issues.

This time - after the 1.2 Patch: I can't frikkin' put the unconscious guy down. I had to run around with him (while being shot at) - while continuously hitting the drop button until I found the right type of ground that would allow me to drop him. You can't drop him inside a structure - or even on the concrete platforms outside of structures. You have to specifically be on dirt ground - or a stairway landing area that isn't attached to any structures.

I also shot at a civilian just to see how the NCPD react now. "Big In Japan" takes place in a shanty town with the harbor on one side of the shanty town. On the opposite side is the street above. You can only exit or enter the town via stairways on that street side.

But the NCPD spawned on the harbor side. Coming out of the water. Not the logical street side. And the PD drone spawned out of thin air five feet in front of me.

I think the NCPD needs to be way more improved than this.

Please check the GOG network. Here in Australia I learned the patch had dropped today (after seeing the dev notes last night), and tried to update about 2:30pm so it'd be there when I get home from work. All I saw (and am still getting now I am home from work) is gog cant update, gog cant cloud sync, update download -> cant fetch file list. Gog has lost connection to the cloud network. Gog will now exit.

It was bad enough having to wait a couple of days after I waited on the pre-release then caved and bought it the moment it came out and had to wait 2 days before I could sync my gog acccount to have the game in the game list, and to be able to download it. I thought for 'just' a patch, and after the release day experience you'd have beefed up the gog servers enough to cope with the load. Unfortunately im now home from work and gog is still throwing errors and forced exiting.

I could have bought the game on steam, but I like CDPR, more money to the devs sounded good and I love no DRM policy (It makes me want to buy the game!) but im feeling like a second rate citizen now compared to my steam mates. Please CDPR, I know your trying, and the patch had a lot of very welcome fixes, but surely its not to hard to hit the 'scale' button on however you are providing the GOG backend while load is high, and surely you should have seen the load coming.

Last edited:
I'm STILL experiencing the delayed call from Regina. All my missions for her are still one call behind
And the mission "Freedom of the press" STILL automatically fails after immediately stepping into the building

A 44GB update and they can't even fix a bloody phone call
What a damn disappointment

I tested this morning. Performance its basically the same.
Some small improvements. But maybe that's from the ram upgrade. I have 16 gb of DDR4 now.
Overall still bad. The shooting is so clunky at such low fps. Cannot play.
Maybe i will never be able to play on this pc.
Here a video with the test:
What's your system? It seems the CPU could be the reason for the low performance there. In the city the game is very CPU heavy, especially in some areas, like the one you are in. I sometimes get fps drops there as well with Ryzen 3600. What's your crowd density setting? If not set already make sure it's on Low. That should give you a nice fps boost.

Should I try reinstalling if I am still having graphical and performance issues? Has anyone noticed an improvement?

Last edited:
I try to install the patch on my PS5 and 20 minutes before the download is finished I get: CE-107887-1
Restart doesn't work so I deleted the patch and started again, same result.
Anyone knows what is going on?
Had same issue, restarting the PS5 solved it and download size of patch switched from 43GB to 45GB. Also don't download in rest mode, this does not work very well on PS5

What's your system? It seems the CPU could be the reason for the low performance there. In the city the game is very CPU heavy, especially in some areas, like the one you are in. I sometimes get fps drops there as well with Ryzen 3600. What's your crowd density setting? If not set already make sure it's on Low. That should give you a nice fps boost.
If you watch the video you will see that everything Its on low or off and crow density is on low.
The cpu is i5 6400.
Game instaled on SATA SSD.
No overlay open(gog, steam)
Game high priority un task manager.
Power plan high performance.
Overclocked a bit the gpu.
BIOS, GPU and Windows updated to date.
Uninstaled unecessary programs.
Disable antivirus.
No internet program open.

Last edited:
Had same issue, restarting the PS5 solved it and download size of patch switched from 43GB to 45GB. Also don't download in rest mode, this does not work very well on PS5
EDIT 2: you should choose optie 5: Database Reconstuction. It worked for me. I also got the notice that a new system update for PS5 is being released in April.
EDIT 1: Sorry this solution ended up eventually still not working. So frustrating!
I found a workaround.
Turn your PS5 off. Then start is up in safe mode. (use the button on the console and hold it down till you hear the second beep).
Now connect your controller with a cable to your PR5 and re-install the system software.
The PS5 will eventually restart and after that you can resume the patch and it will install (hopefully, it did for me).
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Should I try reinstalling if I am still having graphical and performance issues? Has anyone noticed an improvement?
After installing patch yesterday I've noticed performance drop. Today morning I've reinstalled the whole game and did a fresh install of GPU drivers, but performance is still worse than before 1.2 patch on the same optimized settings.

Top Bottom