Patch 1.2

+
Has anyone tested the nvidia driver released today?

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/172179/en-uk

Installing it now, will update after some tests.
Runs the same 50-60 FPS on Ultra (SSR medium) RTX off at 4k DLSS - Auto/Balanced/Performance (can't notice a significant difference in performance between these except that Auto seems to look significantly better than the other two while running the same).

Also same shit with the Depth of Field in dialogue, while DLSS is on, dropping my fps to 15-20 at the start of the scene and then goes back to 60.

On the other hand, same settings but with RTX on - lighting on ultra not psycho - the FPS hovers between 25 - 40 in heavily crowded areas which was the same as before the patch.

The overall consistency of the FPS is a lot better, there's not as many frequent slight FPS drops that made driving feel juddery at times, and the overall driving in general is much more fun.

I really don't feel any difference with the new driver though.

This is on an RTX 2080.
Post automatically merged:

Weird... haven't recieved an update yet..
GF experience?

Sometimes it takes a bit to register, haven't used it in a while though so I might be wrong :).

A few 'minor' changes I note from Inventory screens after Patch 1.2:

incendiary grenades have no image thumbnail
common upgrade components, and epic both have no image thumbnail
many items of clothing now have no image thumbnail

All the cars and bikes I had in the 'V' vehicle call list due to the mod 'CallingAll Vehicles' no longer exist in the list and thus this mod is broken and has been withdrawn. I am using the 'vehicle spawn' mod instead but this has a much less friendly interface and some other mod texture effects for bikes will no longer work as the vehicles do not add to your garage list via 'V'

TPP (third person mod) has now been updated and works again

That's all so far

Couple of hours in and definitely seeing an improvement on Series X, improved graphics, after 1.1 LOD was worse, now it looks as good as it was before, textures look much nicer, distant objects look more detailed, visited a couple of places where "prefab missing" existed, but don't see it no more after this patch. Noticed slightly different interior in mega10 elevators, new grenade icons, can craft some of the components that weren't available before and clothing vendors have legendary clothes but still missing legendary crafting specs, some of vendors suppose to have it. Anyways, game still needs some work, people seem to have different issues with this patch, mine biggest one so far is why fast crafting is only available to certain items, things that require most time crafting do not have an option to choose number of items.
Curious about working/non working perks.

Your problem is the CPU not the RAM or GPU.

I'm on a RTX2080 I7 9700k and 16GB DDR4.

Yup, had a drive around the motorway just now for 30 mins and it's happening much, much less than before, but it's still annoying.

There's also a small section where the NPC vehicles just despawn for some reason.

The handling is brilliant now, I was having so much fun, shame I have to go to work :D.

Happened to me in 1.12.

As for the mods that require CET, perhaps they need to update that first, as for the mod folder it works fine for me with model swaps.

What? How do you run 4k 60fps on a 2080? Genuinely curious, because the only way I can get 60fps on my 2080s is at 1440p, med settings, medium rtx, balanced dlss.

And even then, it often dips to 50. Only game that I have such a hard time running... Running a relatively small OC (for the super) at +100/+1000.

Thanks in advance.

Tested the patch.
The pros:
-I'm enjoying the improvements on vehicle handling, tried with the most slippery cars and they really feel more stable now
-NPCs are more resistant to accidental... incidents with the car :LOL:
-NPCs run away rather than crouching, panic ensues in a larger area than before with NPCs running left and right
-more NPC variety, I noticed models never seen before
-news on the radio/tv never seen before (restored audio?)
-more NPCs on the streets, and they bump into each other rather than clipping though when they're too close (playing from PC, NPC density on max)
-ads and environments look more high quality now even from afar
-no more floating objects
-no more issues picking up loot
-a lot of new small details (Takemura's eyes are different now, V's tyger Claw tattoo looks better, if you look at V through cams her face is blurred out which is consistent with what Vic said when he installed Kiroshi optics on her etc.)
Now for the cons:
-changes to the UI I'm not entirely convinced with
-changes with the crafting system I'm not entirely convinced with
-I noticed a slight drop in performance in crowded areas, fps dropped from 58 to 31 at some point
-unfortunately I started having that glitch where if you shoot around civilians and turn around, you turn back and suddenly they're all gone
-a lot of pop in, cars and NPCs spawning out of thin air 1m away from me, even some buildings seem to load/unload assets inconsistently - I'm under the impression they've reduced the asset loading distance to improve performance on console and I wonder if it'd be possible to introduce a slider so we can change the load-in distance according to our systems.

Overall I'm happy to see they're working hard on this game, and while things can still improve, I'm looking forward to its future, because as a fan of the genre I enjoyed it really much and I know that CDPR can turn things around and show everyone its great potential :cool: They did it with The Witcher that became a beloved and successful franchise, they can do it again.

I am also getting a huge drop in FPS in crowded area versus last version.

Last edited:
What? How do you run 4k 60fps on a 2080? Genuinely curious, because the only way I can get 60fps on my 2080s is at 1440p, med settings, medium rtx, balanced dlss.

And even then, it often dips to 50. Only game that I have such a hard time running... Running a relatively small OC (for the super) at +100/+1000.

Thanks in advance.
DLSS Auto, RTX off.

Everything on ultra except for Screen Space Reflections on medium and the same for Volumetric Clouds set to medium.

The SSR is grainy unless it's on Psycho and Psycho has almost the same impact as RTX reflections and it's not worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the RTX effects, but I prefer a crisp IQ @ 60fps more.

It's not locked 60, it goes as low as 52 FPS in heavily crowded areas, but with FPS limited to 60 in both in the Nvidia Control Panel and inside the game (vsync set to 60 in the game as well) while setting Low Latency mode to Ultra in the Control Panel I rarely if ever notice the slight FPS drops.

About graphics downgrade on PS5 after the patch

1617144749257.png

1617144806771.png

It's the same room. First mission in Night City - player need to save Sandra Dorsett. Can someone check it on PC?

Welp, 40gb down and yet no delamain phone call bug fix. Great. Yea i know its a small thing compared to a lot of the game breaking bugs and glitches other people have experienced but for me it's kinda game breaking, so yeah, seriously thinking about refunding now.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started a new campaign and on the Dexter meeting the entire city isn't streaming while in the car. Roads are invisible, entire buildings aren't rendering. Looks like this game still needs a lot of work. I see why they cancelled the MP aspect. This game still needs a lot of work. Such a shame.

PS5 version is broken after the patch. Terribly long loading times. Game used to load 10 seconds from menu to gameplay, now it takes over 40 seconds.
At the same time the graphics got worse - big objects pop in, people and cars appear before your eyes even if you walk.
The graphics on my ps5 got way better..there is more people out and about in my game and it runs quite smooth

I love this patch, but I hate how they made so many more random buildings no longer climbable because they added barriers/stuff so you can no longer climb into/on them. Take pacfica for example, the buildings outside of the mall with the walkways between each level. Are they super detailed? no. Are they important? no. But having the freedom to just look at stuff and parkour up to it made them game feel so freeing. Why block this??? I know the patch said to prevent people from breaking progression. But that'd be pretty hard to do with this. smh bro, most of these places aren't even used in side missions nor the story line so they can't even interfere with progression. I went from running the streets to climbing any building I set my mind to over the course of the game. all in progress with the game. I went from coming from nothing and became something in night city. It made the end game feel very empowering like V made real progress and became stronger over the course of the game. now they removed it and clipped our wings, kinda sad. And I really hope they change their minds and revert back to the old climbing.

EDIT: I literally signed up for the forums just to see if anyone else was bothered by this lol. that's how much I cared and liked the climbing in this game.

DLSS Auto, RTX off.

Everything on ultra except for Screen Space Reflections on medium and the same for Volumetric Clouds set to medium.

The SSR is grainy unless it's on Psycho and Psycho has almost the same impact as RTX reflections and it's not worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the RTX effects, but I prefer a crisp IQ @ 60fps more.

It's not locked 60, it goes as low as 52 FPS in heavily crowded areas, but with FPS limited to 60 in both in the Nvidia Control Panel and inside the game (vsync set to 60 in the game as well) while setting Low Latency mode to Ultra in the Control Panel I rarely if ever notice the slight FPS drops.

Oh, I see. Well, I can see how this could be a good compromise. I play on a 40'' Qled which I love for the productivity - its main focus - but it makes 1440 a bit more meh than it would be on a regular +/27 inches monitor, because I sit very close to it. Love the immersion, but the pixel density is not great from that distance in 1440.

That being said, I always find myself having a hard time switching off RTX, even at the cost of that lower pixel density... Especially in CP, it just brings so much ''pop". I will try your settings regardless, as I should.,

Thanks mate.

Thanks in advance.

I am also getting a huge drop in FPS in crowded area versus last version.
For 60 FPS at 1440p you should at least be able to set DLSS to quality, using high settings, RT disabled.
For similar settings with RT enabled you would probably need a second 2080 for a SLI rig, but take that with a grain of salt...

Do you need the ingame cap in order to make it work? it might add some latency if two different capping techniques are active. In my case it works with either one of them. I've been using the one from the Nvidia control panel (@360 FPS in order to reduce temps when loading) I don't use Vsync though. Some while ago I've heard that the Low_Latency_Ultra mode only works with Gsync plus Vsync, so I'm using the "On" mode.

Last edited:
For 60 FPS at 1440p you should at least be able to set DLSS to quality, using high settings, RT disabled.
For similar settings with RT enabled you would probably need a second 2080 for a SLI rig, but take that with a grain of salt...

Do you need the ingame cap in order to make it work? it might add some latency if two different capping techniques are active. In my case it works with either one of them. I've been using the one from the Nvidia control panel (@360 FPS in order to reduce temps when loading) I don't use Vsync though. Some while ago I've heard that the Low_Latency_Ultra mode only works with Gsync plus Vsync, so I'm using the "On" mode.

[NVIDIA] How To Reduce Lag - A Guide To Better System Latency

I also un-parked all CPU-Cores etc, with the help of Process Lasso: Real-Time CPU Optimization and Automation

Another thing is Internet Latency, which can be optimised with the help of cFosSpeed: Internet-Accelerator + Ping optimizer

Nvidia’s Resizable BAR frame rate boosts now available on all 30-series GPUs

Even AMD's $999 RX 6900 XT can't cope with Cyberpunk 2077's new Radeon ray tracing mode

CD Projekt Red is changing how it makes games after disastrous Cyberpunk 2077 launch

Last edited:
I get below after Tapeworm quest:

20210330225418_1.jpg

Floating NPC

20210329230446_1.jpg

After defeating Oda during this same quest, he is laying in mid air very high and does not fall to the ground. Need to jump up to him multiple times to obtain what he has on him.

Out of sequence text messages. Responses are received above the Reply instead of Below it

20210330230704_1 2.jpg

Last edited:
Nvidia Reflex doesn't do anything on standard monitors with adaptive sync. I was talking about the option in the Nvidia Control Panel which is also called "Low Latency Mode". It works regardles of Nvidia Reflex.
The second link looks quite interesting tho!

I know, but GSync / VSync / Ultra Low Latency Mode is still covered and explained in that article.

Example Quote:

"Turn on Ultra Low Latency Mode - If NVIDIA Reflex is not available, your next best option is to turn on the Ultra Low Latency mode in the NVIDIA graphics driver. This setting also reduces the render queue, but does so from the driver instead of the game."

Top Bottom