Patch 1.2

+
Didn't caught all of the discussion, but have you tried a full clean install?

For science ?
I had the game uninstalled and reinstalled it for 1.2 so yeah. And before you ask; I don't use mods.
What's your population density setting?

And just for posterity, is it just on your current character or across all characters including a new game?

Have you tried an older save game, perhaps if you have one whilst in a car surrounded by traffic and/or pedestrians?

I made sure to include population density at the start of the video as Czembro pointed out

I have only this character.

I started over so all the saves I have are from 1.2 and as I've been saying for the past few posts most traffic and pedestrians vanish when I'm on the move but materialize when I stop/slow down. Funnily enough you can even see the security jeep at the barricade at the end materialize in front of me for a split second before I open the menu.

I admit I'm not a mayhem seeker to run/kill the police after or have a chase but stuff happens, you know.
But I do love the lore of cyberpunk and even in 2077 the world is constantly telling us that the NCPD is overworked, undermanned and underpowered, yet their effectiveness torwards the player is omnipresent and awsome.
What I think wouldn't break the immersion for me without having to change AI or pathfinder systems would be 2 steps:
1. No NCPD at all in Pacifica and the badlands; let the players that want to cause mayhem do so at will. We're killing pixels here and I'm sure it would get boring eventually, if not there will be fun.
2. A police spawn randomizer. You still get stars but they may or may not spawn. After 4 or 5 stars they allways do.

I agree with your suggestions, or perhaps maybe bounty hunters could appear in those two areas once you get enough stars (and take longer to spawn in the badlands). Beyond that and police learning to use cars, I'd say that's largely enough for this game. The focus is more on narrative here than GTA; despite appearances they aren't trying to do the same things.

Just as an additional point on the subject, I feel like the police stuff is quickly turning into a meme/point of fixation that is being emphasized far beyond it's importance. Their AI is poor, of course, but it's not the gamebreaking issue that a lot of people are making out. For most players it will be an extremely small part of their experience.

Holy crap, I just had my first ever fun encounter with the police in this game... and they chased me... in a CAR! (No bullcrap!)

How it happened:
I was running around Watson when I came across a gunfight between cops and gang members, and naturally joined in. I must have accidently hit one of the police, because they started shooting at me. I ran away, and they got in a nearby police car and bloody chased me to a dead end where I had to fight them, after I killed them...
...This then triggered the police alert thing with the probe and police spawning a bit further away, and then these guys chased me on foot for freaking AGES until I lucked out and found a shop. I went inside which deactivated the police alert.

The most fun police encounter I've ever had!
(base XB1)

Now when you are scanning your surroundings, all lootable containers, random bodies and stuff is visible from far now (60-80m), showing an loot icon above. Even when you walk close by without scanning you see a loot icon. This is immersion breaking in my opinion, as I like to just walk around and look for hidden /random stuff, not to see it from 50m with one look around...

Attachments

• 2021.03.29-23.17.png
    2021.03.29-23.17.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
  • 2021.03.29-23.18.png
    2021.03.29-23.18.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 97
  • 2021.03.29-23.19.png
    2021.03.29-23.19.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 128
  • 2021.03.29-23.19_01.png
    2021.03.29-23.19_01.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 97
I had the game uninstalled and reinstalled it for 1.2 so yeah. And before you ask; I don't use mods.

I made sure to include population density at the start of the video as Czembro pointed out

I have only this character.

I started over so all the saves I have are from 1.2 and as I've been saying for the past few posts most traffic and pedestrians vanish when I'm on the move but materialize when I stop/slow down. Funnily enough you can even see the security jeep at the barricade at the end materialize in front of me for a split second before I open the menu.

If so do you have any left over config files that might interfere with the game after you reinstalled?

Try and make a temporary backup of the following folder and then delete it and see if it makes a difference, if not restore the backup.

C:\Users\*your-user-name*\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Also after every patch, did you by chance checked the integrity of the game files?

I agree with your suggestions, or perhaps maybe bounty hunters could appear in those two areas once you get enough stars (and take longer to spawn in the badlands). Beyond that and police learning to use cars, I'd say that's largely enough for this game. The focus is more on narrative here than GTA; despite appearances they aren't trying to do the same things.

Just as an additional point on the subject, I feel like the police stuff is quickly turning into a meme/point of fixation that is being emphasized far beyond it's importance. Their AI is poor, of course, but it's not the gamebreaking issue that a lot of people are making out. For most players it will be an extremely small part of their experience.
For me I would prefer nothing at all in Pacifica and the bad lands. Bounty hunters would be great if they showed. But not after commiting a crime, at a surprise moment, more often as your street rep goes up.
But again, these are new systems. I was trying to sugest some tweaks that would be easy to implement. Ideally the pathfinder and AI could be developed further. Although police in Pacifica baffles me anyway and also in the middle of the desert :)
Post automatically merged:

Something completely different, I noticed they removed the scan in tge Nomads prologue. Was it also removed from the others/street kid?

Yay for graphic and performance fixes, yay for quest bugs fixed.

Boo for the drink and grenade dismantle eddie making methods being removed.
:)

Now when you are scanning your surroundings, all lootable containers, random bodies and stuff is visible from far now (60-80m), showing an loot icon above. Even when you walk close by without scanning you see a loot icon. This is immersion breaking in my opinion, as I like to just walk around and look for hidden /random stuff, not to see it from 50m with one look around...

I disagree. Being able to quickly see all of the pickable items from a distance is one of the things I love about Cyberpunk 2077 and a great time saver. The game is already long as it is to be increasing the time spent searching for items. I just hit the Tab key and all of the items in the area are visible. I love that. Especially because I like to get everything.

You didn't specify which GTA but in V when you drive fast on the highway it's fairly packed. One my pass times in that game when I was bored was to go around the map without crashing at full speed. You simply don't get an experience like this in CP as many of the highway roads are empty.
The highway its the most empty road which does not make any sense. It should be the most packed.
Seen on youtube other people when driving through out the city, its basically empty.
You got to luv the heavy incoming traffic vanishing in thin air.

Its looks Night City was hit too by lockdows and quarantine. Or Its sunday all the time and NPc's are at churches.:LOL: 😂

GTA 5 feels more alive and realistic, more immersive in comparison when on highway.

Last edited:
Alright, I uploaded one too. But I'm not going to make this a habit just to prove how our experiences are different.

As you can see the roads are mostly empty save for when I slow down to turn. And at the roundabout where you get the ping hack from (@1:50) it's completely deserted where before 1.2 it would be jampacked with people and cars regardless. Now I have to stop there to see it populated again.

@exxxed I'm using an SSD.
What are your pc specs? I recorded the same area on my pc: Gtx 1060, 16gb ram, I5-7600k, SSD and its packed with npcs and traffic.

Never had a problem like the one you showed on the video I guess it must be something with your pc specs or maybe you are using some mods?

I try to go to V’s mansion and the door won’t open or let you open it. Also if you have the $4000 painting if you try to buy it back after exiting out of the vender and going back the painting is worth more, no more $5. So sad

Police may not spawn behind you but the bots/drones sure do! And tbh I cant say for sure as I die too quickly to survive long enough against the police. My character has the best armor mod (subdermal or whatever it is called) available, so total armor right now is like 500-600. Can anyone confirm, is this good/bad? I play on hard anv my V is a powerful netrunner. I can basically oneshot ANYTHING with short circuit! Balance in the game is still... nonexistent xD And oh yeah, explosions absolutely devastate you no matter what.

And npcs now seem to ragdoll in weird ways when just nudging them (sometimes just being near them) with your vehicle. And steering is still...
Y E A H.

I just did a quick test and both the FPS and image quality improved dramatically with this patch. I mean WOW. Thank you very much! I haven't tested out more, since I stopped playing soon after patch 1.1, which fixed a few things (the image was crisper but only when it was not very dynamic) but broke a couple of key others -- for example, the PING quickhack was dropping my FPS to the point that I just couldn't continue: I was getting 11 (eleven) FPS at best. But now, it's smoother than it has been ever for me -- and I'm talking about 60 FPS at 1080p on my six year old MSI GT72 2QE gaming notebook with the Intel i7-4720HQ CPU and Nvidia GTX 980m 8GB GPU -- granted, they are overclocked, but still old by now, so I repeat: WOW.

This must've been quite the effort by the devs -- and they have my sincerest gratitude. I'm hoping more improvements will be forthcoming for any other issues that may be left.

Police may not spawn behind you but the bots/drones sure do! And tbh I cant say for sure as I die too quickly to survive long enough against the police. My character has the best armor mod (subdermal or whatever it is called) available, so total armor right now is like 500-600. Can anyone confirm, is this good/bad? I play on hard anv my V is a powerful netrunner. I can basically oneshot ANYTHING with short circuit! Balance in the game is still... nonexistent xD And oh yeah, explosions absolutely devastate you no matter what.

And npcs now seem to ragdoll in weird ways when just nudging them (sometimes just being near them) with your vehicle. And steering is still...
Y E A H.
total armor of 500-600 is super low... high end is 7k and even than fighting the police can be tricky if u dont one shot them on very hard : /
yeah netrunner are way to op - not only short circuit... the poison spread is even more powerful to insta kill a whole area at once, or the passiv ability from short circuit which makes nearly every weapon a one shotter/hitte... - netrunner on enemies side are nerfed pretty hard cause the only thing they use is burn.... imagine they have full access to all quickhack as well - baba V.

Last edited:
So maybe I'm blind or something, cause I can't see any of what you say. I'm sure It gets better from 1440p to above, can't argue about that, but the 1080p experience is far from suffer such a degradation...or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you say?
The game uses TAA algorithm for anti-aliasing, which blends current and previous frames for smoother transition. It works fine in 4k due to the high amount of pixels, but the lower the resolution is, the more artifacts it produces. You may take a look at edges in the far, or characters' hair. It looks awful in FullHD, compared to games with traditional AA or TAA better implemented.

The higher the resolution is, the lower will be the hair dithering and the sharper will be the image -- even if you upscale it with DLSS. So, if you've got an RTX card, I recommend to DSR image with DLSS to higher resolutions and then apply sharpening to compensate DLSS blurriness -- this will be the much crisper image, even with the same original resolution.

Top Bottom