Patch 1.2

+
Certain issues may affect only certain weapons, certain combinations of mods, or it may be due to a weird condition with a player's save-state.

As always, just because one person sees an issue, not everyone's game will be afffected the same way. Even if I don't have an certain issue, plenty of other people may be encountering it.
What I HAVE had is tech weapons deciding they won't charge up (often after putting points into tech weapon perks). It requires a restart of the game from the main menu to resolve. Reloading saves doesn't clear it. It's obviously a bug in the live game state, requiring ending the simulation and restarting it to clear.

Happened to me three times recently, each time after putting points into a smattering of tech weapon perks in Engineering, each time requiring a reboot of the simulation.

"PATCH 1.2"

Wanna say that so far the only real new issue generated by this patch are empty item icons in all departments. Clothes, mods on clothes, weapons, mods, weapon mods, weapon accessories, consumables, etc., all the lists, here and there item icons are blank.

Out of 50, some 7 to 10 are blank. filled and blank icons all show text, though. Keep in mind, I am using mods. So you might want to have more confirmation of console users.

Traffic has gravely degraded in my game. Cars get stuck a lot more often, than before. It looks and feels like traffic has received the necessary adjustments and optimizations, but that once the patch went live, those after a few hours stopped working. Cars when stuck, at some point will start driving, only to get stuck again after a few metres. Looking away and back in most cases no longer works, presumably because the distance of spawning was extended.

If it is of any use, would like to suggest to consider to double the amount of resources needed for traffic to function as desired. Or maybe to double the amount of resources for the game's AI in general. Maybe a slider in the options screen for players to decide how much strain they're willing to accept on their system, in comparison to the amount of agents simultaneously on screen?

I did everything.... :'(
It's probably because your save was created before the 1.1 patch :(
Wanna say that so far the only real new issue generated by this patch are empty item icons in all departments. Clothes, mods on clothes, weapons, mods, weapon mods, weapon accessories, consumables, etc., all the lists, here and there item icons are blank.

Out of 50, some 7 to 10 are blank. filled and blank icons all show text, though. Keep in mind, I am using mods. So you might want to have more confirmation of console users.
Same problem, one or two time. But save/reload fix this.

what the crap CDPR? can you not code with common sense? I have not had a problem with this game up until this 1.2 update. it is utter non-sense. first it would not download because not enough room. fine. I assigned a new drive for the update with plenty of room. now the update keeps downloading and failing then REDOWNLOADING? why is it downloading AGAIN? it is ALREADY DOWNLOADED. this is wasteful in multiple ways. bandwidth and time and wearing our an SSD harddrive. I mean seriously? if it fails why download again? give info on WHY it failed and then attempt the update again with the ALREADY downloaded files. or how about deleting the files it no longer needs from the install then updating? does the updater not verify the download is legit? just prompt a warning message that the game is about to update and if it fails it might not be playable and if that happens then the option to reinstall still exists. and NO, I do NOT want to fish my game saves out to make sure they are safe unless the update fails then maybe I would. I shouldn't have to attempt MY OWN safety measures. since when has that EVER been a thing? I mean this is beyond ridiculous. the drive with the install has twice the amount of room of the game installation so I see no reason why it should fail? and 63 point something something GB's? it sounds like the game is being reinstalled ANYWAYS. that's bigger than the existing install by 4 GB's. and that's INCLUDING the GOG install which, no I have not bothered to see how big it is separately. I mean seriously you are bordering on becoming as intrusive as activision and their crappy MW updates. both of which I'm about to be done with. how about taking a page out of Epic's book and making the game SMALLER and more optimized.

geez. only reason I even came to the forums was to voice my displeasure at this latest update and how it functions. beyond ridiculous. and here's some common sense. if it is basically a NEW install completely, just prompt a warning, download update, verify the download, then remove the old installation (thus creating PLENTY of room), and install. uh, duh.

Less cars in the city, not much better FPS on 1080Ti with i5 8600 :( draw distance still very short, I feel like in the 2000's where we could see as map generates itself before the player... very sad, these are on ultra settings. Since 1,03 the game looses itself. not to mention the annoying lamp rendering issue, as I clearly see rotating squares on the distant lamps.. please DO SOMETHING with render distance!!

Attachments

• CP 01.jpg
    CP 01.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 102
  • CP 02.jpg
    CP 02.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 98
  • CP 03.jpg
    CP 03.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 97
  • CP 04.jpg
    CP 04.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 104
  • CP 05.jpg
    CP 05.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 104
did anyone try to hack militech chip for maelstrom mission?
previously i got money after completing mission
now even this way doesn't work

did anyone try to hack militech chip for maelstrom mission?
previously i got money after completing mission
now even this way doesn't work
I just did this mission yesterday, with a new character I started after I installed the patch 1.2. I didn't receive any money, which I found surprising.

I just did this mission yesterday, with a new character I started after I installed the patch 1.2. I didn't receive any money, which I found surprising.
Has anyone done this already? How and when do we get the money? I'm going into that mission soon but I want to screw Meredith on this playthrough so I don't think I'll be able. But is it selling the shard after the mission?

Has anyone done this already? How and when do we get the money? I'm going into that mission soon but I want to screw Meredith on this playthrough so I don't think I'll be able. But is it selling the shard after the mission?
I meant the shard that Meredith gives V before you do the rest of yhe mission. The first time I played, when I hack the Militech shard, I received a lot of eddies. Unless I'm mistaken, i didn't received any this time around.

I meant the shard that Meredith gives V before you do the rest of yhe mission. The first time I played, when I hack the Militech shard, I received a lot of eddies. Unless I'm mistaken, i didn't received any this time around.
I know which you mean. I haven't gone to the All foods yet but I hacked the shard and the only options are to extract the data (the message) and remove the malware (get a synapse butnout quickhack). The money should still be in the data shard. As far as I know you can only decide what do do in the meeting with the maelstroms. So you can still plan on paying with it. What I'm guessing is that if you keep the shard you can later sell it, no?
Post automatically merged:

This seems so strange to me and can't find someone that did it with sucess. Anyone tried selling it from the incentory after extracting the virus? At a vending point

Last edited:
Hey guys thank you for your continued support on the game BUT is it ever going to be fixed for base consoles? Like ever? When CDPR started production on the game, it was supposed to be for xbox one and ps4, now those STILL run like hot garbage. If anything these versions should run great and the next gen versions should run incredible.

I know which you mean. I haven't gone to the All foods yet but I hacked the shard and the only options are to extract the data (the message) and remove the malware (get a synapse butnout quickhack). The money should still be in the data shard. As far as I know you can only decide what do do in the meeting with the maelstroms. So you can still plan on paying with it. What I'm guessing is that if you keep the shard you can later sell it, no?

This seems so strange to me and can't find someone that did it with sucess. Anyone tried selling it from the incentory after extracting the virus? At a vending point
I haven't tried to sell the shard. Perhaps I choose the wrong option too, since I recall chosing copying the malware. Perhaps this is why I haven't received any money. Perhaps I should have delete the malware instead.

Hey guys thank you for your continued support on the game BUT is it ever going to be fixed for base consoles? Like ever? When CDPR started production on the game, it was supposed to be for xbox one and ps4, now those STILL run like hot garbage. If anything these versions should run great and the next gen versions should run incredible.
The way I see it is that patch 1.2 is a step in the right direction. And CDPR confirmed that they will continue to support the game. I'm playing on PC so I don't know specifically how the game runs on consoles. That being said, it's in the best interest of CDPR to continue to fix the game on all platforms. I have no doubts they will.

Last edited:

Confirmed, it's not working anymore.

EDIT:

Based on Sharma_Salsa' suggestion, after hacking the Militech chip, go into your backpack and there's an option to transfer the money off the chip.

So it's working :D.

Last edited:
Was able to make it through two hours with no technical problems on my PS4 Pro, well done in that respect. Unfortunately outside of the scripted moments and story sequences the game is still very boring and the lack of a third person options makes it so much more so. I haven't been able to complete the game yet but now I can't say it's because it doesn't work and that's progress. Please add a third person mode to the game. Thanks.

Until patch 1.2, I could still run the game and play it until the end of the prologue. As of patch 1.2, the game is already flattening on startup. The latest drivers for my graphics card (GTX 970), repairing the game, uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. I gave CDProjekt a second and third chance and I am starting to regret that when it was possible to return the game and get a refund, I did not use it.

played the game today when i freshly started my computer nothing running in the background. Performance was running better than before the patch. I had fps between 30-55 fps with a 2080 super . before I had like 20-50 and more often less then high. Dropping frames under 30 happened a lot less

I think we have to stop asking "when they will fix the game", and get real by asking ourselves "is that even possible for CDPR to fix so fundamentally broken game" without pulling out "No Mans Sky 2.0" type of stunt.

I think we have to stop asking "when they will fix the game", and get real by asking ourselves "is that even possible for CDPR to fix so fundamentally broken game" without pulling out "No Mans Sky 2.0" type of stunt.

Really depends on how broken you think the game is.

Personally I don't think the game is fundamentally broken. Seriously flawed, you betcha, but not "broken" per se. Patch 1.2 gives me hope that CDPR is going to invest significant resources to improve it. It'll never please everyone and probably never please those who think the game is fundamentally broken. :shrug:

small thing: looks like its now harder to get on the baselisk in queen of the highway
im pretty sure that there was a climbing animation before

Top Bottom