Patch 1.2

+
CDPR should watch Crowbcat video on YouTube and see what the real problem is on both pc and consoles..

Well, this is an improvement on my base PS4. Although just being able to play the game is an improvement ( it doesn't crash on the title screen anymore).

Had to create a new character after deleting everything in an effort to get 1.1 to work. Wasn't able to recreate my Nomad since the game crashed everytime I left character creation. I tried twice before giving up on the Nomad and trying a Street Kid. Third time was the charm.

Game starts and immediately crashed after leaving the bar. I got to Padre at the end of the alley when I saw something was up. The people are not rendering properly. They look as if they are being viewed through the eyes of someone that is legally blind. Tried to talk to him and it crashed.

Right away I start thinking of how I can play around this. The second time exiting the bar I noticed the sound was a bit off too. There were no foot steps. The riffraff out back weren't talking. Other than some ambient sounds it was silent. So I started moving a bit slower, tip-toeing down the alley.

Ah, to hell with this. I was going to detail more crashes but, suffice it to say that this games runs about as well as a blind man through a dense forest. It crashes, a lot. During loading screen, in car ride conversations, during combat, and especially if you move too fast. Anything quicker than a drunk one legged man missing his prosthetic is too fast.

But still, this is an improvement over 1.1 for me. However, I have to say that 1.05 was the best version I've played so far.

Keep up the hard work guys and maybe by the end of the year I'll have a playable game again.

several sleeping animations and the drinking animation in pyramid song looks way better now

the patch 1.2 is a mess, it downgraded basically all the graphics EVEN ON PC!!!! way worst LOD, slow texture load, nerfed light and particles system, and the vehicles seems lost almost all reflexes and detalis. Brilliant move destroy the game in one of the FEW aspects where it was great! (graphics and visual). Now we not even have that on HIGH END PC! Congratulations!

Now we not even have that on HIGH END PC! Congratulations!
Yeah, no.
Taken after 1.2

photomode_28032021_105659.jpg

photomode_26032021_234012.jpg

photomode_28032021_105339.jpg

Yeah, no.
Taken after 1.2

Ok, so what? What (those screens) should show without a before / after comparison?! Until 1.12 I had a WAY better visual rendering, and this compared >with my +190h experience<, not with you screens that tell me nothing, sorry o_O. Now the game looks like another one to me: nerfed particles, nerfed light/reflexes, nerfed LOD. Totally disappointed. You're happy? Good for you. I'm not (can I?).

Last edited:
I want a proper traffic system cars and walking npcs sth. proper and clean COME ON next patch focuses on the traffic.
Fair point. I also think next patch focuses on the broken perks, and the inability to get quick hacks from access points bug. (fingers crossed emoji)

But I hope its not gonna take them 2,5 months again....I want a smaller traffic patch in the next 2-3 weeks. Possible? I doubt it ^^

Has anyone here made a new game post 1.2 and tested?
Playing on series x, I wrapped up my last V and started a new one. Been playing great so far...still seeing some issues with items not always being able to be picked up, but it looks and performs better so far.

However bugged the game was before the patch, at least it didn't crash. Now it crashes, sending you the reports, hope for a hotfix

But I hope its not gonna take them 2,5 months again....I want a smaller traffic patch in the next 2-3 weeks. Possible? I doubt it ^^
The traffic hitting the side barrier is still present. I don't think they will fix the traffic any time soon.

Digital Foundry confirmed that PS4 Pro version of the Cyberpunk 2077 has received a graphics downgrade after the patch 1.2 - reduced draw distance, lower LOD settings, worse lighting (some lighting sources were cut out altogether), worse pop in, some textures are no longer loaded at all.
As far as i know, all these problems also apply to the PS5, as the console runs the Pro version in backward compatibility mode.

Last edited:
Digital Foundry confirmed that PS4 Pro version of the Cyberpunk 2077 has received a graphics downgrade after the patch 1.2 - reduced draw distance, lower LOD settings, worse lighting (some lighting sources were cut out altogether), worse pop in, some textures are no longer loaded at all.
All these problems also apply to the PS5, as the console runs the Pro version in backward compatibility mode.
You got a link for this? Be interested to read it

The traffic hitting the side barrier is still present. I don't think they will fix the traffic any time soon.
Well to me there is no point in DLCs without the traffic/pedestrians being fixed. Especially cause I still think it cant be that hard to change the distance and timing of the spawns and despawns....cant be hard. And a simple mod can easily disable the 2d cars in the distance if they are incapable of tweaking that. And if people are afraid it might lower the framerate well then there should be slider for it.

Top Bottom