Patch 1.2

+
Here are the bugs/problems I have found and are annoying so far:
  • Gorilla Arms are buggy, when you change from physical to something else, the texture keeps changing back
  • Hovering instead of walking... this happens on all kind of surfaces
  • A lot of flickering textures,
  • Sound bugs, a lot of times you I hear cars revving when there are no cars around
  • Inventory, mods are missing pictures sometimes
  • In combat scenarios, npc's spawn out of nowhere
  • Motorcycle steering controls are horrible
  • Seating position inside some cars is too low, you can't see the road
  • After Alt-Tabbing, I often have the FPS locked at 82FPS (RTX 3090, latest drivers)

Keep up the good work devs
Cheers

did something change with the shadows?
im pretty sure i saw V´s shadow when going down the stairy when leaving the totentanz in second conflict
now V doesnt drop a shadow there, but the light above the malstrom grafitti is still there

I recently started a new game and I have noticed that entering photo mode after zooming in with the kiroshi opticals brings up this annoying visual glitch that is supposed to appear only when somebody zooms in and out with the mouse wheel. Is this a bug introduced by the latest patch? In my previous playthrough it has never occurred. I am on PC.

Sorry but i have the same problem as DarthNyquil sometimes.
When, Where and What ?
Honestly, i don't know. It's appear to be totally random. I realize it when i want to use my overpowered Quasar. Which does not happen often. ("Maybe" the perk who disable the automatical fire on tech weapon).

Also right -- and that's no issue! The goal is just to keep our eyes open. Usually, if something happens enough, patterns will begin to emerge. Patterns that can lead to the sources of bugs. Which can then be squished.

Already, just what you said above is a place to start. Seems to happen with the Quasar. Doesn't happen with other weapons. There's something!

It annoys me that sound problems remain. At any moment, the sound of footsteps stops being heard. And I have to restart the game. And I don't understand why the game is in the first person. It would not be possible as in Skyrim with the possibility to switch between the first and third person. When V is so perfect, it's a shame you can't see her.

Last edited:
Rozčiluje mě, že zvukové problémy přetrvávají. V každém okamžiku přestane být slyšet zvuk kroků. A musím hru restartovat. A nechápu, proč je hra v první osobě. Nebylo by to možné jako ve Skyrimu s možností přepínání mezi první a třetí osobou. Když je V tak dokonalá, je škoda, že ji nevidíš.
Same problem with footstep sound. It appeared in 1.2 (XBSX) and it's random.

For the "only" first person view, it's a CDPR choice (for immersion) and i totally agree. I'am V when i play CP, i'm not play as V (that make sens for me). For exemple, i can't imagine fighting Sasquatch in third person view. And for quote cohh: "you don't see your clothes, but you don't dress like a gunk" ;)

Well to me there is no point in DLCs without the traffic/pedestrians being fixed. Especially cause I still think it cant be that hard to change the distance and timing of the spawns and despawns....cant be hard. And a simple mod can easily disable the 2d cars in the distance if they are incapable of tweaking that. And if people are afraid it might lower the framerate well then there should be slider for it.
It's not hard to change.

The problem is that every item/object loading in/out leaks memory for them.
The more items loading in/out ( longer drawing distance ) the quicker memory leak will crash the game.

The problem with cyberpunk is that is doesn't only leak when loding in/out, it leaks while items are loaded too.
So even if every object only leaks 100 bytes every 10 seconds or soemthing.

If your loading 1000 objects that will be 10k leak every 10 seconds and when you start multiplying it goes pretty quick.
So to fix this you lower amount of loaded objects and renderings, light sources, npc, cars, viewing distance and so on,

So maybe you only need to load 600 objects so now the game might run 30 minutes longer before crashing.

There are? I just did that ending today and I didn't notice any new lines.
the conversations with delamain was different
Post automatically merged:

and im pretty sure judy didnt say that "spread your wings" line before

i think the av in path of glory during the conversation with judy doesnt trigger properly anymore since 1.2
she moves her head like she the av was arriving, but it triggers after the conversation ends
this results in weird eye positioning

photomode_06042021_161236.png

saving and reloading before that conversation seems to bug out the av now
cant enter the av
when loading the earlier autosave in changes it works again
bug.png

Last edited:
I hate CDRP.

Man I hate them with a passion.

Why ? Because well, patch 1.2 did improve my game a LOT.
I'm enjoying the game a lot more now than in december or after hotfixes. A lot of elements are polished, Night City feels a lot more alive, it's great.

But you still got these small bugs and glitches who ruins a great game: unpickable loot, billboards flickering, broken RT reflections, missing dialogues...

CDRP, I hate you because I love your goddamn game. I hate you because you tease us by showing how talented you are and how you didn't finished your work. You're not the culprits, I know, management and stuff, already said here. You guys rock and CP2077 will probably end as a GOTY when fully patched and repaired, like TW3.

I'm frustrated because I got this great game on my SSD and I know I don't enjoy the real thing :)

Since this path I have a weird problem. It looks like developers decreased the range with full simulation on since the game went out. Probably it is good for performance, but my computer has plenty of performance (Ryzen 5900, 32GB 3600MHz RAM, nicely overclocked 2070 super) so there was literally no benefit for me. What happened is that I started seeing a lot of traffic in a supposedly empty roads in the badlands and generally outside night city. This "stub" cars disappear when I get closer, creating weird feel.

Also, real 3d cars with NPC in them started de-spawning in my field of view. It would happen just outside my field of view, except I have ultrawidescreen monitor at 3840x1080. I never encountered this before 1.2

For things that I hoped will get fixed but wasn't - my screen is curved and I sit at the distance roughly equal to curvature radius. There is no point to make objects and characters wider att he sides. It would be needed to compensate for distortion caused by a flat screen, but mine isn't flat so this makes people look really fat if I my V is not looking directly at them. Switch for that would be a great addition.

In some scenes, like on the scaffolding scanning Arasaka warehouse, when my position is locked, I can't turn my head enough left (or right in other scenes) to scan everything without switching to traditional 1920x1080

I don't know if this is new or old issue, but with RTX on there a lot of surfaces that reflects NPC beautifully. But V is never in those reflection. It is weird to be in an elevator with Takemura, and see in the reflection that he is there alone.

It's not hard to change.

The problem is that every item/object loading in/out leaks memory for them.
The more items loading in/out ( longer drawing distance ) the quicker memory leak will crash the game.
How do you know this? Or in other words would it crash on strong pcs if they'd improve the despawning time by 50-100%? If yes and thats the question here then they'd have to redo it all. And that probably wont happen or will it? Damn that is the question here. Do I play this game now and ignore the traffic shit forever or will they fix/improve it soon?
Thats the biggest problem with game bugs/glitches and shitty elements. Will they fix it or not and if yes when?....

Reflected shadows on glass were like this also before the update? This is all maxed out (ultra/psycho rt) on a 3080, res 1440p. Shadows are not that bad all the time though, I'd like to specify.

photomode_06042021_212921.png

Still, your vision, mine is different. You see "gorgeus pic" (?) I see building with washed out texture in not even so far distance in those "gorgeous" pics. There are people with more hours of gameplay? Good for them (anyway 190h is "enough" to know the graphics of the game I think..). All that I see now is shorter lod (building with blurred/whashed out textures until you're very near to them), less reflexes (especially on cars) and slow texture loading. If for you is not that happen and/or whatever you see is okay, and you're happy, good for you as I already said, I'm not, period.
Unfortunately, you are right. Pop-in is definitely worse after patch 1.2. I've just played the game for several hours on PC. The graphics are somehow better and worse at the same time. Better - because the lights, advertisements and SSR are slightly better (more variety, higher res, less grain) somehow. Worse - because pop-in (spawning AI and cars, blurry textures in the distance etc.) is really more visible. It's a pity. :(

Strange framerate drops in random moments are also a problem now (I am on i7, GTX 1080, SSD). It was quite stable before.

Last edited:
Patch fixed a lot, but an immediate problem and something pretty game breaking is how the update screw up Arasaka Tower. Unless I stand like 10 feet away from the Tower, any farther the Logo just doesn't appear and there's a huge hole on the tower that I can see through.

But why is it downloading with less than 1MB/s. I normaly download/patch with 10 times that speed. At times it drops to 0.5. I haven't experience such a shitty download speed for any game

Top Bottom