Patch 1.2

+
photomode_07042021_185258.png
Too many bugs after 1.2. I didn't experience any crashes in December and almost no bugs but now it happens all the time and I have reinstalled the game. FIX YOUR GAME CDPR, I will not be your product tester!

Reflected shadows on glass were like this also before the update? This is all maxed out (ultra/psycho rt) on a 3080, res 1440p. Shadows are not that bad all the time though, I'd like to specify.

View attachment 11207092
Look at how they are reflected in the crystals in my case with RTX 3070, before I do not remember seeing that:
this is the real picture:
photomode_05042021_010755.jpg

and if I turn around in the glass it is reflected like this:
photomode_05042021_010820.jpg

Post automatically merged:

View attachment 11207332Too many bugs after 1.2. I didn't experience any crashes in December and almost no bugs but now it happens all the time and I have reinstalled the game. FIX YOUR GAME CDPR, I will not be your product tester!
I never saw merged npcs and after 1.2 if I am seeing them

photomode_05042021_013552.jpg

photomode_05042021_013826.jpg

when i saw the size of the patch, i said to myself: (ok i give them a second chance) because there, they worked hard for the patch! There are still a lot of bugs, and instability etc to be solved, but the developers are on the right voice to put the game back together Bravo for the patch and thank you

I hope they will do something about these fake (ghost) cars and npc's when you look far in the distance. You can see them in places they should not be, seeing fake heavy traffic of "gray ghost cars" on empty desert dirt road looks unrealistic. Sometimes they're not even that far away, which makes it look worse, all you see is plenty of "carton box like" car models moving on the top of each other.

Just ask for refund, at least the game looked good for the one hour you could play on ps4 pro. ( I did )
Now looking through posts here it is even worse after last patch compared to before.

any chance we can get a dlc that adds more character creation options and lets u change your looks at a specialty clinic or ripperdoc like age, height, weight, muscle definition, bust size, junk size, cyber arms looks cyber legs looks, add vampire fangs, more eyes options like cyber eyes, etc?

Unfortunately, you are right. Pop-in is definitely worse after patch 1.2. I've just played the game for several hours on PC. The graphics are somehow better and worse at the same time. Better - because the lights, advertisements and SSR are slightly better (more variety, higher res, less grain) somehow. Worse - because pop-in (spawning AI and cars, blurry textures in the distance etc.) is really more visible. It's a pity. :(

Strange framerate drops in random moments are also a problem now (I am on i7, GTX 1080, SSD). It was quite stable before.
yes, textures even not so "far" from you becamed blurred/less detailed (decreased lod) than before. And even the cars seem to have lost a lot of "metallic reflexes" on their paint. After the 1.2 update I couldn't believe to my eyes, I thought that something goes wrong at first. Still, don't understand WHY they nerfed the PC version. We've the settings sliders to gain fps (you know that CDP?), this kind of visual with the games basically maxed out is shame, the v1.1 look WAY better than this..."thing" :facepalm:

(double clik to enlarge)

and when you wander around with a car and go fast the environment became even less detailed and the streets almost empty, like if there is a "covid lock down" in CP2077 too :coolstory:

Last edited:
So what about the 35 perks that were non-functional? some of them were even broken. Any recent test done that could confirm whether the patch finally fixed each one of perks or not??

Seriously... People still complain like if it's the end of the world about some casual glitches here and there, dumb AI reactions, water no reacting to bullet-physics, etc, but a few makes the call about what it actually is the most concerning issue about the game, which is that 35 goddamn Perks literally DON'T WORK after four goddam months of the game's release, and after having external help from the community, which found and created a list for you with each one of affected perks to fix like..months ago. The majority of the perks under the Engineering attribute are USELESS, for instance. There are still many people out there who aren't even aware of this MAJOR issue that makes the game eveb more broken than anything else right now, while wasting points thinking they are roleplaying by upgrading their characters and making their V stronger when, in reality, it isn't the case.

If CDPR had fixed this with patch 1.2, they should've mentioned this information under the patch notes. Now you have people double-guessing and wondering whether they should still have to avoid or not those non-functional perks. I myself started a new playthrough and I don't know what to do yet.

Seriously, do I still have to wait for several days, perhaps weeks, for some youtuber to upload a random video reviewing and confirming this matter for us?

Sooo, after weeks we have an answer..

Unacceptable at this point. 4 months; 4 months to fix this entirely, and they haven't.

Please fix the perks ASAP and don't worry about police cars until the perks are fixed.

Unacceptable at this point. 4 months; 4 months to fix this entirely, and they haven't.

Would have been a real problem if it was a multiplayer game, as it is, in my four playthroughs I have not noticed such things.

I know they were broken, but as OP as my character was it really didn't make a lick of difference, I'd rather have more stability and less jank at this point, I'm sick of AI spawning in the walls and the traffic and pedestrian assets being shuffled around before my very eyes than 20 perks out of hundreds not working properly...

So if it's a choice I'd rather have the refinement, otherwise both please :D.

Someone have tested the final fight "Beat on the brat" on 1.2 ? It's me or it's easier ?
With the same build in very hard (5 in constitution, no perk in, legendary gorilla arms + animal knuckles and rare kerensikov), it's seem Razor take lot more damage.

I was initially skeptical after playing it after 1.2 on a base PS4 but after starting a new game I'm pleasantly surprised, less bugs and glitches, better driving and framerate has definitely improved.

Still issues with textures and pop ins, things like people in cafes sitting on thin air instead of stools, car view defaults to in car and I can't change it unless I quit and reload, and the AI is woeful, but its at least playable for me, still a ways to go though, what's other people's thoughts on the update on base PS4?

And, do you think we can expect more patches in the next few weeks, or are they done for a while?

Sent a support ticket with a link to the video, even though i'm sure they already know. Hopefully they'll look into the still not working perks and get 'em fixed asap. I think i sent something like 50 support tickets this week, it's becoming a part-time job, heh!

As far as I can remember, before 1.2 patch it was 35 not working perks, it's still a progress even if it's taking a bit too long for such an important feature. At least we know they're working on it.

Someone have tested the final fight "Beat on the brat" on 1.2 ? It's me or it's easier ?
With the same build in very hard (5 in constitution, no perk in, legendary gorilla arms + animal knuckles and rare kerensikov), it's seem Razor take lot more damage.
It is noticeably easier, because gorilla arms has increased damage after 1.2.

Last edited:
You guys are having issues I never run into after this patch. Are you reinstalling? Starting a new game? A lot of those issues you're having are retained in old saves. Start fresh. You'll have a totally different experience.

Top Bottom