Patch 1.2

+
I was initially skeptical after playing it after 1.2 on a base PS4 but after starting a new game I'm pleasantly surprised, less bugs and glitches, better driving and framerate has definitely improved.

Still issues with textures and pop ins, things like people in cafes sitting on thin air instead of stools, car view defaults to in car and I can't change it unless I quit and reload, and the AI is woeful, but its at least playable for me, still a ways to go though, what's other people's thoughts on the update on base PS4?
This is very much my experience on my old Xbox One (Fat, 1TB HD model). I'm actually able to play and enjoy the game now. While there are still a whole host of issues, the patch was most certainly a step in the right direction. Lack of communication aside (standard in this industry), CDPR appear to be committed to sorting the game out and I am very much hoping that they stick to that as it is not a bad game that needs fixing, it is a good game that needs finishing.

After starting a new game, I also noticed that "The Pickup" mission is still a bit bugged towards the end. If you decide to betray Stout and part with the Maelstrom without killing Royce, Dum Dum disappears from the final room and he's nowhere to be found. So I had to reload a save and start the final fight again. This time Dum Dum was there, but after the fight the guy stands still in one corner with the objective saying "Follow Dum Dum"... Thing is, he does not move and the door to get out of the factory is locked. This forced me to reload a savegame again that I did soon after the fight, and finally the quest script worked and I could leave the area and meet the Militech guys and Gilchrist. From another forum I also found out that Dum Dum is supposed to give you some kind of reward, but other than a short dialogue I did not get anything. Can somebody explain?

how to create quickhacks now?
before 1.2 i just opened craft menu
now all recipes are gone
i can only upgrade already existed
perks are selected

I wish they'd at least announce a change regarding the traffic spawns/despawns. Cause if they wont fix it then I will just play the game as it is now....otherwise I have to wait no doubt about it.
And there is also no mod which allows cars to despawn A LOT later. Even if it might break the pc I would still like to try it. Man what a shit.

how to create quickhacks now?
before 1.2 i just opened craft menu
now all recipes are gone
i can only upgrade already existed
perks are selected

Strange, i'm lvl 50, lvl 20 in INT (fresh 1.2 save) and i didn't note any difference in HQ crafting in 1.2 :(
Maybe it's because the HQ already crafted are removed after.

as i remember i could create them to sell as weapons
i don't understand so why i need over 1000 components now

Ah maybe, never need to re-craft them for money :)
(same, now i have 5K/3K/1,5K/0,6K without perk for more components and it's usless)

Any news about 1.3 yet?
1.2 was a start, but the improvement on XB1 is minimal by the looks of it.

Seriously disillusioned with gaming these days, I can't think of a single game I've bought in recent years that hasn't had bugs and glitches on the day of release, some worse than others. This must be the only industry where a company can deliberately release an unfinished/broken product and it be considered "acceptable" - by them and (some of) us.

I still have random crashes every time I try to play the game. Usually it takes between 1 minute and 40 minutes to crash the game on PC for me. 5 months after release.

After 1.2 strange things happen...:shrug:

photomode_31032021_214728.png
photomode_31032021_210617.png

yes its no like if its just blurry. you know when you zoom in with right click it gets this effect with the squares for showing you glitch and so on . It was there before just during the zooming action . When it was zoomed in everything was fine before now too. But now when you enter photo mode then it looks weird. it doesn't happen when you only zoom in with one right click but when you zoom in with right click +the scrolling wheel. Then it looks like in my screenshot. depth of field is disabled in settings. Does it happen to you? I happens to me no matter where I'm doing it. Other than that I have no big problem discovered with the patch so far. But this one is an important task to me as I like doing zoomed in screenshots of people when in photo mode and first person view.

I have the same issue. I'm a frequent photo creator of character portraits. I often optics-zoom in to a character's face just before hitting the photo-mode button. I noticed right away with Patch 1.2 that this is now broken, where it displays the pixelated optics-zoom transition the whole time while in photo mode. As you point out, entering photo mode without first zooming in does not trigger this regression.

Afer some hours in game (1.2 - 3rd playthrough) i have some feedback to share:

PC:
CPU:amd ryzen 3700x
MB:asus tuf x570
RAM:32gb hyper-x 3200
GPU:evga rtx 3080 xc3 ultra
HDD:corsair m.2 ssd 1 tb pcie 4.0 + hdd 2x 2tb
RTX settings: ultra / dlss auto (other settings are maxed, resolution 4k - game runs smoothly 45 - 65 fps, with rare drops during cutscenes).

1. T-shapers are gone for good - appreciated

2. Overall mob spawning works better now. But instead of seeing mobs instantly pop up into existence, i can sometimes see them "materialize" as ghosts gradually turning solid. Same thing happens to weapons, when i equip them in the inventory. After closing the inv screen the weapon kinda materializes in my hand instead of being unsheated. This never occured prior to 1.2.
Also the following situation persists: i walk an empty street. I rurn around - noone there. I turn around again in 2 sec - street's full of peeps. After another 2 sec - i turn around, noone there, i turn back and the mob is now in front of me.. can be quite scary in a long street with no actual entry points.

3. Cars /traffic still act oddly. On many occasions i've seen them standing on the streets /crossroads for no obvious reason (traffic lights included). Also they tend to hit various obstacles along the roads more frequently. I've also seen cars fluently emerge from the surface of the road in a spectacular blast of debries (never seen that happen prior 1.2).

4. I still encounter objects hanging in the air, and interactive objects that i can't interact with (though more scarcely then prior 1.2)

5. Rare sound issues - music inside cars is sometimes dull (as if playing from inside a barrel). The same happend a few times to the sound of shooting with some automatic rifles. I don't use any sound card - MB integrated only. Can't add much more detail here, as i now play a katana build and don't use other weapons too often. Never encountered this prior to 1.2.

So that would be it for now. I'm quite sure there was more i wanted to report, but can't remember atm. Anyway, this is no complaint - just an attempted feedback ;)

Keep up the good work!

WBR,
Devoted fan of the Night City :)

I have the same issue. I'm a frequent photo creator of character portraits. I often optics-zoom in to a character's face just before hitting the photo-mode button. I noticed right away with Patch 1.2 that this is now broken, where it displays the pixelated optics-zoom transition the whole time while in photo mode. As you point out, entering photo mode without first zooming in does not trigger this regression.

I sent a support ticket for the same bug, and the Support Team told me they'll look into it, so i'm positive this will get fixed with the next update.

I basically stopped taking screenshots since 1.2 because of this...

I just finish the game entirely in 1.2 (126h) on XBSX.
(I didn't buy any car and just did one ending)

-No crash at all, no real framerate drop.
-No major issue or bug (except Judy teleport in the floor during "Pyramid Song" surprisingly. One reload and it was fixed).
-Graphics are way better. Except some shadow bugs or light effect (especially during "Pyramid song"... epyleptic prohibited :D).

CDPR did a great job on this patch (at least on my platform).

i got more crashes again (ps4)... tho im used to it by now - but can anybody explain why it now also start crashing while just standing on the street doing nothing, in dialogs or similar quite situations? i was used to crash if i drove/run to fast and textures couldnt load in time or very hectic fights but not in calm situations/environments... really curious what causes these new crashes... appears in a new game after 1.2 more often than prepatch on old chars... hmm

i got more crashes again (ps4)... tho im used to it by now - but can anybody explain why it now also start crashing while just standing on the street doing nothing, in dialogs or similar quite situations? i was used to crash if i drove/run to fast and textures couldnt load in time or very hectic fights but not in calm situations/environments... really curious what causes these new crashes... appears in a new game after 1.2 more often than prepatch on old chars... hmm
Did you try to reinstall?
Validating game files or reinstalling the whole game seems to help a lot on PC.

ps4 digital copy - tho i heard i could reinstall it and it should remain in my library although its taken off the psn shop... hmm
I had to reinitialise my ps4 (because it got pulled off the shelf while switched on) also I vacuumed all the vents and then obliviously fresh install. Haven't had any crashes since 1.2 just make sure you have all the your save games uploaded and bear in mind you'll lose anything not backed up so if you have other accounts on the ps4 that aren't psplus you'll need to back up any saves to USB stick.
All your games will still be in the library.

Top Bottom